Dam ticket at the rubicon!!!! :( - Page 8 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Rubicon Trail
Notices

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2010, 03:01 PM   #176 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Member # 165793
Location: roseville,ca
Posts: 52
ok i still cant find insurance for my green sticker toy..i called so many people and no...i called all the people that other told me to call from here and still no luck...anybody no any company that will insure a green truck...the ones i find only do bikes, quads etc....i wana play it safe and have it but still cant find it

Last edited by soulfly4x4; 08-21-2010 at 03:03 PM.
soulfly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2010, 04:04 PM   #177 (permalink)
Registered User
 
dane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member # 21948
Location: ELLICOTT CITY, MD
Posts: 6,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulfly4x4 View Post
ok i still cant find insurance for my green sticker toy..i called so many people and no...i called all the people that other told me to call from here and still no luck...anybody no any company that will insure a green truck...the ones i find only do bikes, quads etc....i wana play it safe and have it but still cant find it
Call 707-425-1067, its Sam Smith, he is my State Farm agent. I currently have my green stickered 1985 4Runner insured with them. If you need him to do a comparitive policy my name is Dane Bathurst...I think the insurance runs me about $7.00 per month for LIABILITY only.

Dane
__________________
I WILL TRY BEING NICER IF YOU TRY BEING SMARTER.
dane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2010, 02:53 PM   #178 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Member # 165793
Location: roseville,ca
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by dane View Post
Call 707-425-1067, its Sam Smith, he is my State Farm agent. I currently have my green stickered 1985 4Runner insured with them. If you need him to do a comparitive policy my name is Dane Bathurst...I think the insurance runs me about $7.00 per month for LIABILITY only.

Dane
hey thanks man...i call him monday and see what he says
soulfly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2010, 10:02 AM   #179 (permalink)
Registered User
 
dane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member # 21948
Location: ELLICOTT CITY, MD
Posts: 6,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulfly4x4 View Post
hey thanks man...i call him monday and see what he says
No worries, let me know how it goes...I had to email them pics and tell them what it was for etc...but damn its on rockwells and was on 53's at the time, Im pretty sure they will insure pretty much anything!!

Dane
__________________
I WILL TRY BEING NICER IF YOU TRY BEING SMARTER.
dane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2010, 02:57 PM   #180 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Member # 165793
Location: roseville,ca
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by dane View Post
No worries, let me know how it goes...I had to email them pics and tell them what it was for etc...but damn its on rockwells and was on 53's at the time, Im pretty sure they will insure pretty much anything!!

Dane
yea no luck getting insurance. I sent pics and they said no...i give up nobody will insure my green stickerd toy
soulfly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2010, 03:18 PM   #181 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!
 
cruzila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Member # 6650
Location: Garden Valley
Posts: 5,906
I have heard that right now, after the accident that killed 8 people, insurance co are leery of OHV

Did you try progressive? They were the only ones that would insure a snowcat and hauler.
__________________
Scott Johnston
Rubicon Trail Foundation
Founding Director
Past President 2010-2012
Retired Director 2004-2013
ReElected RTF Director Dec 2017

cruzila is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2010, 03:25 PM   #182 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member # 85302
Location: davis, ca
Posts: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulfly4x4 View Post
yea no luck getting insurance. I sent pics and they said no...i give up nobody will insure my green stickerd toy
did you call Don Kent? i posted contact info earlier in this thread. my rig is insured for $75 per year, off road for liability only. it is green stickered, and i don't remember ever sending him a photo, i could be wrong about that though

EDIT: couldn't find it in this thread, but here's the website and contact info

Please contact Don Kent or one of our Experienced Licensed Staff Members with any questions or comments @ 1-888-572-8256 or 714-633-2351. You can also send us an email to: [email protected]

SECOND EDIT: i know it says ATV, but don't be deterred! i've got this insured!



http://www.sandseekerinsurance.com/contact_us

Last edited by Will.The.Thrill; 08-27-2010 at 03:34 PM.
Will.The.Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2010, 03:52 PM   #183 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Member # 165793
Location: roseville,ca
Posts: 52
yea i have progessive on my dodge and they said no...i called all the companies you guys posted on this. What should i do run with
it or keep callin around...im out of people to call lol...i wana bring prof of insurance to court with me when i go to show judg im tryin but i cant find it
soulfly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2010, 06:52 PM   #184 (permalink)
Registered User
 
dane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member # 21948
Location: ELLICOTT CITY, MD
Posts: 6,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulfly4x4 View Post
yea i have progessive on my dodge and they said no...i called all the companies you guys posted on this. What should i do run with
it or keep callin around...im out of people to call lol...i wana bring prof of insurance to court with me when i go to show judg im tryin but i cant find it
Dude, how the hell did Sam Smith tell you no?? Did you ask him about my policy?? That shit irritates me more than anything...

Dane
__________________
I WILL TRY BEING NICER IF YOU TRY BEING SMARTER.
dane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2010, 10:15 PM   #185 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Member # 165793
Location: roseville,ca
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by dane View Post
Dude, how the hell did Sam Smith tell you no?? Did you ask him about my policy?? That shit irritates me more than anything...

Dane
yea i told him and they
said they dont do it anymore...so what the hell am i going to tell the judge?
soulfly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2010, 11:00 PM   #186 (permalink)
flamethrower
 
Bebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Member # 75270
Location: Dayton, NV
Posts: 12,545
Send a message via Yahoo to Bebe
You would think if the Law requires it - they have to provide it.

Maybe call the California Department of Insurance and see if they have a list of insurers?
__________________
What's all the Hub-bub about Blue Stars???
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Haulin the Groceries AND Haulin the MAIL
Bebe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2010, 09:20 AM   #187 (permalink)
Registered User
 
baddbilt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Member # 665
Location: bay area
Posts: 1,952
Does the truck still have a vin number?If so just tell them you want to insure the truck? Maybe leave out its green stickered. I had libality insurance on a truck that had non opt at DMV so i would think you should be able to do the same.
__________________
DRIVE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT !!!
baddbilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2010, 10:33 AM   #188 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Member # 165793
Location: roseville,ca
Posts: 52
yea still has vin but would i get introuble if i didnt tell them it was green and somethin did happen
soulfly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2010, 11:48 AM   #189 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Yota Up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Member # 57128
Posts: 14,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulfly4x4 View Post
yea still has vin but would i get introuble if i didnt tell them it was green and somethin did happen
Not "trouble".
You'd end up with a denied claim that you'd face on your own.
It's just like lying to a life insurance company about smoking, and then when you die, your family is denied $$$ because of the lie.
Yota Up is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2010, 12:49 PM   #190 (permalink)
4x4 Consultant
 
UGET IT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Member # 227
Location: Folsom Ca.
Posts: 7,427
I have Progressive on the 4Runner and now the New JK. I even asked the rep the other day about off road use and she could find nothing stating that it would not be covered. Trust me, we talked about the accident down south in detail.

Green sticker is another story....thats why I dont play that game anymore. Drive to the trail and drive home.

Good Luck.

KC
__________________
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Special Thanks to YUKON, BAJA DESIGNS.
UGET IT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2010, 01:00 PM   #191 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Member # 23177
Location: dark side of the moon
Posts: 147
Just got my TC buggy done through State Farm. PL/PD, medical and $40000 set coverage against fire, tree falling on it ect........


green sticker was no problem.......he came out to the pad to take a look and some pics and it was all good.

going to be around $1000 a year with a $1000 deductable.
__________________
Four Dice 4WDC San Jose Ca
BRC Life Member-United-CORVA-CA4WDC-Tread Lightly-FOTR-FOF
wallbanger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2010, 12:20 PM   #192 (permalink)
Registered User
 
baddbilt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Member # 665
Location: bay area
Posts: 1,952
Well if you have a vin and it still looks like a truck i dont see how you can get in trouble.I had insurance on my jeep with a green sticker.
__________________
DRIVE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT !!!
baddbilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2010, 04:11 PM   #193 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Member # 165793
Location: roseville,ca
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddbilt View Post
Well if you have a vin and it still looks like a truck i dont see how you can get in trouble.I had insurance on my jeep with a green sticker.
yea it kinda does...i got a few pics of it on another page
soulfly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2010, 11:27 PM   #194 (permalink)
Registered User
 
oriyuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Member # 81508
Location: Desert
Posts: 82
The problem with insurance companys shying away from insuring this rigs is to may claims from damage done on the trail. I dont like it either and im an insurance agent. The company i sell for will insure a rock crawler it just cant be used for compitition. Im not sure about the green sticker but im going to look into it. I think the liability only should keep the insurance companies happy. I imagine in time there will probably only be a few companies that will sell this.
oriyuma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2010, 09:46 AM   #195 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member # 21815
Location: Pollock Pines, CA
Posts: 4,744
Good discussion on insurance here, don't want to interrupt that.

It should be noted that Officer Marcus was in and around the area of the dam and the combined use road all weekend during cantina. From what I could find out, he pulled over a fair number of people and educated them on the combined use rules without writing any cites. I'm glad to see that!
__________________
WWDD?

N6YBH
-

Thanks to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for sponsoring the 2017 Cantina For The Con!

"If you need a tool and don't buy it, you will ultimately find that you have paid for it but don't have it". -Henry Ford
resqme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2010, 10:44 AM   #196 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Member # 6576
Location: Oakley, CA
Posts: 7,489
I was actually looking forward to "meeting" him this weekend, but never saw him, or any other LEO the entire time I was on the trail, or the road between the chalet and the dam. Saw some forest service folks that were friendly as always...

Great weekend, glad marcus sounds like he is getting better at education, rather than writing tickets.
__________________
Brian Whitford
4554 OCD Racing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rage 4th............ "safety is our #2 concern"
1uglyranger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2010, 11:13 AM   #197 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member # 72297
Location: El Dorado, CA
Posts: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by resqme View Post
Good discussion on insurance here, don't want to interrupt that.

It should be noted that Officer Marcus was in and around the area of the dam and the combined use road all weekend during cantina. From what I could find out, he pulled over a fair number of people and educated them on the combined use rules without writing any cites. I'm glad to see that!
Not to derail either, but that is good to hear. We had a nice conversation with a Cal Parks guy on a Gas-Gas named Ken while I was fixing my rig a couple weeks ago. He seemed like his heart was in the right place about wanting to preserve recreation. It was the first time I've seen that in a while.

After a while the topic came up about coordinating within the different agencies, because there seemed to be a disconnect between what Officer Marcus practices, and the intent or spirit of the law which Ken seemed more to embody. He did mention that they read this forum, and I feel encouraged that perhaps they are becoming more understanding, or at least that they put a muzzle on Marcus. If they can keep his practices in check, and focus on correcting the long term issues through continued education, I have better hope for the future of the trail.

On a side note, the two eldoco sheriffs we passed looked like they were having the worst day of their lives, or they're just pissed off at life in general Has anyone had an opportunity to speak to John D'Agostini or Craig Therkildsen regarding their proposed enforcement policies on the trail. I haven't been able to find a response from either.
Sisyphus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2010, 11:22 AM   #198 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Member # 347
Location: Fair Oaks, CA
Posts: 9,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1uglyranger View Post
I was actually looking forward to "meeting" him this weekend, but never saw him, or any other LEO the entire time I was on the trail, or the road between the chalet and the dam.
He wasn't on the beat Monday when you rolled out with that suspicious-looking co-pilot. How was the boy's first Rubicon experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
Not to derail either, but that is good to hear. We had a nice conversation with a Cal Parks guy on a Gas-Gas named Ken while I was fixing my rig a couple weeks ago. He seemed like his heart was in the right place about wanting to preserve recreation.
I talked to Ken multiple times this weekend -- he's an OHV guy, and he loves it on Rubicon. He's also a damn good trials rider -- can you imagine how cool it is to meet people, do educational contacts, and ride all day? I've been pretty happy to see State Parks staff on the trail, because I know they have good attitudes, but moto-Ken is the only one I'm flat-out jealous of... what a day-job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
After a while the topic came up about coordinating within the different agencies, because there seemed to be a disconnect between what Officer Marcus practices, and the intent or spirit of the law which Ken seemed more to embody.
Bulls-eye. I hope that 'peer enforcement' works on the other side of that blue line... we know it works on the recreation side.

Randii
randii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2010, 11:35 AM   #199 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Member # 6576
Location: Oakley, CA
Posts: 7,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by randii View Post
He wasn't on the beat Monday when you rolled out with that suspicious-looking co-pilot. How was the boy's first Rubicon experience?


Randii
His first time was last year at 7 months. This year we both had a lot more fun, as he was awake almost the entire way, and was a lot of fun to play with at camp. I think he had a great trip, even if I didn't let him drive
__________________
Brian Whitford
4554 OCD Racing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rage 4th............ "safety is our #2 concern"
1uglyranger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2010, 02:24 PM   #200 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Member # 347
Location: Fair Oaks, CA
Posts: 9,587
Awesome, Brian -- bringing up your son on the Rubicon is most excellent. Lucky kid!

Randii
randii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.