Crossfire CNC plasma? $1000 - Page 4 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Shop and Tools
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2018, 04:58 PM   #76 (permalink)

Member # 48103
I'm really happy with mine so far. I really like the cantilever gantry because I can let the material overhang wherever it needs to be. I am getting some lower dross but I'm pretty certain it's because I'm using a chineese TIG/plasma combo for which the plasma has never been that great. The cuts themselves are very clean and the dross cleans up very easy, way easier than flapping the mill scale off the steel which is required for welding anyways. Honestly this cuts better than several other CNC plasmas I've paid for parts off of.

Langmuir's customer service has been phenomenal also. They have really gone above and beyond for me.

Old 09-04-2018, 05:26 PM   #77 (permalink)
NERD

Member # 25303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scerb View Post
I'm really happy with mine so far. I really like the cantilever gantry because I can let the material overhang wherever it needs to be. I am getting some lower dross but I'm pretty certain it's because I'm using a chineese TIG/plasma combo for which the plasma has never been that great. The cuts themselves are very clean and the dross cleans up very easy, way easier than flapping the mill scale off the steel which is required for welding anyways. Honestly this cuts better than several other CNC plasmas I've paid for parts off of.

Langmuir's customer service has been phenomenal also. They have really gone above and beyond for me.
When did you get yours and what's the order # series? They were in the 1200s about two weeks ago. I'm in the 1500s and am getting real anxious.

2013 Raptor SuperCrew Tow Rig
Porsche
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fab Parts:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PNW Shock Tuning:
gtxracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2018, 05:48 PM   #78 (permalink)

Member # 48103
I'm like serial #34 or something like that. I've had it for a bit

Old 09-12-2018, 09:40 AM   #79 (permalink)
today

Member # 225557
cant wait!!
batch 2 suppose to ship end of the September

meanwhile i plumbed air dryer

1/2" NPT ball valve >1/2 NPT to 1/2" barb fitting > 1/2" air line>1/2NPT to 1/2" barb to air source

and outlet has 1/2" NPT to 3/8 reducer and quick connect fitting
that way i can move it and service it

right above air dryer is hose reel with quick connect that gets connected to plasma cutter

Last edited by fredycruger; 09-12-2018 at 09:42 AM.
fredycruger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2018, 10:18 AM   #80 (permalink)
NERD

Member # 25303
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredycruger View Post
cant wait!!
batch 2 suppose to ship end of the September
They're not even done with batch 1

I'm gonna call today and get an update. It's September and I was promised a unit in July.

Edit: Speak of the damn devil! Not 5 minutes after this post I got the shipping notification!

Porsche

Fab Parts:

PNW Shock Tuning:

Last edited by gtxracer; 09-12-2018 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:15 AM   #81 (permalink)
today

Member # 225557
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxracer View Post
They're not even done with batch 1

I'm gonna call today and get an update. It's September and I was promised a unit in July.

Edit: Speak of the damn devil! Not 5 minutes after this post I got the shipping notification!
they watching

Old 09-15-2018, 10:54 PM   #82 (permalink)
NERD

Member # 25303
Got mine Friday, assembled it tonight. Went together smoothly, no issues. Very easy to make adjustments and set the gantry height at both ends.

Surprisingly high quality and very well laid out. Instructional videos are easy to follow and flow well. I値l be wiring up my Hypertherm 65 for it tomorrow. Still want to find a machine torch for it but will be using the hand torch for now.

It fits well in the corner of my small shop and seems to be the perfect solution so far. I ordered a water table separately once I realized they changed it to aluminum. For now I値l setup a fan and make sure to stand back as I cut.
Attached Images

Porsche

Fab Parts:

PNW Shock Tuning:
Old 09-16-2018, 05:30 PM   #83 (permalink)

Member # 214044
@gtxracer, I have also been waiting for you to receive yours. I wanted to hear your review before I make my decision.

Your comments are greatly respected.
909kenu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2018, 06:51 AM   #84 (permalink)
today

Member # 225557
mine is schedule to ship out on 23rd my order # 2557

Old 09-17-2018, 09:29 AM   #85 (permalink)

Member # 216542
For those on the fence for this size table, I would also look at the Wright CNC 2x2. Just got mine and very impressed. Waiting on the machine torch, but comes with water pan, and I got mine with power Z and THC.
Ringer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2018, 12:07 PM   #86 (permalink)

Member # 48103
The store just opened and they are now accepting orders for the next batch. My review is up above.

People can use my referral promo code for $40 off: FIRE1042
Old 09-17-2018, 12:08 PM   #87 (permalink)

Member # 48103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringer View Post
For those on the fence for this size table, I would also look at the Wright CNC 2x2. Just got mine and very impressed. Waiting on the machine torch, but comes with water pan, and I got mine with power Z and THC.
What did that system cost with shipping?
Old 09-17-2018, 12:49 PM   #88 (permalink)

Member # 216542
Quote:

I got in on the early buy batch. With THC, Inkscape, Mach3, and Sheetcam was $1600 shipped.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:39 PM   #89 (permalink)
today

Member # 225557
thats not bad and very comparable $$
i like the(Z) THC function

Old 09-17-2018, 01:52 PM   #90 (permalink)
NERD

Member # 25303
Quote:
Originally Posted by 909kenu View Post
@gtxracer, I have also been waiting for you to receive yours. I wanted to hear your review before I make my decision.

Your comments are greatly respected.
Thank you. I cut my first parts yesterday and everything went well. Just need to dial in the cutter speeds and get more details on the consumables.

Quote:
Quote:
I got in on the early buy batch. With THC, Inkscape, Mach3, and Sheetcam was $1600 shipped.
That looks like a great deal also. I saw their tables at KOH, I think. They look sturdy but I couldn't find someone to talk to me about their tables. The customer service aspect is a big deal to me. Also being able to expand the table myself was very appealing from the Langmuir side. They talked about it on their forum. Essentially, you can expand the table to 33" on the Y axis with just an extended Y slide. The motors don't limit the table, so you can expand the long side out to 4 or 8 feet. Then you could mate another gantry slide on the other size and keep it light to reduce load on the motor and essentially have a 4x4 or 4x8 pretty easily. Edit: Looks like Wright CNC has expansion kits available, but the kit alone is more than the Crossfire. Not a bad setup, I just wanted a super simple system that can cut my brackets and tabs for me instantly instead of waiting on someone else's table.

I could see myself moving to one of their 4x4s when I have a bigger shop. I think for the money, that would be a great deal for a small 4 car shop. If I could fit the 4x8, even better.

The THC is a big deal though. That really helps with longer cuts, the quality of the cut, and speeds. I bought plans for a larger table later on. I will probably leave this Crossfire at 2x2 and possibly expand to 2x4 later on. For now, it does what I need.

Porsche

Fab Parts:

PNW Shock Tuning:

Last edited by gtxracer; 09-17-2018 at 01:58 PM.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:15 AM   #91 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 140040
According to the website, the Wright CNC 2x2 costs $3k now that the early batch is over. Quite a bit more expensive than the crossfire.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:35 AM   #92 (permalink)

Member # 8274
Quote:
I wanted to setup a set of legs like that one on mine. Was going to copy the tablesaw/chop saw I have.. then I realised that folding it up would probably just kick everything out of alignment and make a huge ass mess..

Does it work on that machine?
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2018, 04:47 PM   #93 (permalink)

Member # 216542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
I wanted to setup a set of legs like that one on mine. Was going to copy the tablesaw/chop saw I have.. then I realised that folding it up would probably just kick everything out of alignment and make a huge ass mess..

Does it work on that machine?

I have to say I was a little skeptical about this part, but it seems we値l built and feels solid. Mine will likely never really get folded, so not a true test. There are also leveling feet on it at well.

I didn稚 mean to distract from this thread, or say this is a better option, just another new option in the 2x2 table space. My machine torch gets delivered tomorrow, so hopefully start cutting with it soon.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:01 AM   #94 (permalink)
today

Member # 225557
order ##2557 Your order is estimated to ship on 10/23

shiiit i read that as 9/23

Old 10-01-2018, 06:17 PM   #95 (permalink)

Member # 34058
Quote:
Got mine Friday, assembled it tonight. Went together smoothly, no issues. Very easy to make adjustments and set the gantry height at both ends.

Surprisingly high quality and very well laid out. Instructional videos are easy to follow and flow well. I値l be wiring up my Hypertherm 65 for it tomorrow. Still want to find a machine torch for it but will be using the hand torch for now.

It fits well in the corner of my small shop and seems to be the perfect solution so far. I ordered a water table separately once I realized they changed it to aluminum. For now I値l setup a fan and make sure to stand back as I cut.
whats it take to wire up the hypertherm torch thinking about buying one but still want to be able to use the torch for non cnc cutting.
black4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2018, 06:31 PM   #96 (permalink)
NERD

Member # 25303
Quote:
Originally Posted by black4x4 View Post
whats it take to wire up the hypertherm torch thinking about buying one but still want to be able to use the torch for non cnc cutting.
Using a Hypertherm hand torch, you will splice into the orange and purple wires of the torch. This disables the safety features of the hand torch, you need to be aware that the torch will fire if Mach3 sends the torch fire signal. This is exactly how a massive fire and lawsuit started for Hypertherm.

You can still take the torch off the table and use it as a regular hand cut.

Currently looking at adding one of these for now to dry out the air since I don't really want to make a Franz air separator right now:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

Porsche

Fab Parts:

PNW Shock Tuning:
Old 10-02-2018, 07:54 AM   #97 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 226263
Quote:
Using a Hypertherm hand torch, you will splice into the orange and purple wires of the torch. This disables the safety features of the hand torch, you need to be aware that the torch will fire if Mach3 sends the torch fire signal. This is exactly how a massive fire and lawsuit started for Hypertherm.

You can still take the torch off the table and use it as a regular hand cut.

Currently looking at adding one of these for now to dry out the air since I don't really want to make a Franz air separator right now:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1
If you live where its humid you will need more than that. I have 2 desicant bead filters, air water separator, oil separator, and a refrigerated dryer at my plasma table.

Once you kill $1000 in consumables in a couple months, all that equipment becomes much nicer lol.

Last edited by Deuling; 10-02-2018 at 07:55 AM.
Deuling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2018, 11:28 AM   #98 (permalink)
NERD

Member # 25303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuling View Post
If you live where its humid you will need more than that. I have 2 desicant bead filters, air water separator, oil separator, and a refrigerated dryer at my plasma table.

Once you kill $1000 in consumables in a couple months, all that equipment becomes much nicer lol.
Thanks for chiming in.

It's not terribly humid here in the PNW but we do get air in the lines. It sounds like I'll want to put in a separator of some kind. I was planning to install a single or dual tube Franz separator at the 5hp 60 gal compressor and then run the paper filter at the table. The back of my Powermax 65 also has the small dryer on the machine. I am going to run this paper filter until I build the Franz device and monitor how much water is trapped. I don't want to be buying consumables by the box each month.

Porsche

Fab Parts:

PNW Shock Tuning:
Old 10-02-2018, 12:09 PM   #99 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 226263
Quote:
Thanks for chiming in.

It's not terribly humid here in the PNW but we do get air in the lines. It sounds like I'll want to put in a separator of some kind. I was planning to install a single or dual tube Franz separator at the 5hp 60 gal compressor and then run the paper filter at the table. The back of my Powermax 65 also has the small dryer on the machine. I am going to run this paper filter until I build the Franz device and monitor how much water is trapped. I don't want to be buying consumables by the box each month.
Haha yeah I hear you. Mine was with a hypertherm 45xp FWIW. Not sure if others have less issues with water.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:26 PM   #100 (permalink)
today

Member # 225557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuling View Post
Haha yeah I hear you. Mine was with a hypertherm 45xp FWIW. Not sure if others have less issues with water.
my little TD cutmaster 38 doesnt even cut for 10 min before i have to change
to new consumables otherwise it'll keep cutting in and out
that was with $$ 3 stage Devilbiss desiccant filter

im hoping the horrible freight compressed air dryer will get rid of all the moisture and ill be able to cut longer than that LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in