Crossfire CNC plasma? $1000 - Page 8 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Shop and Tools
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2019, 09:34 PM   #176 (permalink)

Member # 47337
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROJECTJUNKIE View Post
Both

Edit: this is one a buddy turned me on to, since I could pick it up I could probably negotiate a better price without the shipping and Queens cut

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/t...853425200.html
I have the initial $1500 in my table and that is it. I like you already had my plasma. Your only other cost would be what you spend on a laptop.

For me the first few days of ownership were very frustrating. I wanted to smash shit with a hammer and getting everything set up was a colossal pain in the ass. Everything for the langmuir table is on youtube tutorials. I ended up having to have a second laptop playing the videos and stopping at each step when setting everything up. Written instructions would have been way better. If you get all the files downloaded correctly and in the correct place you can be up and cutting parts in a few hours. It seems for me each step took a few tries before I could move onto the next step.

Once I finally got all the files in the right, the cad learning curve was steep, but within a few days I got it down to a smoothly oiled process. Four months in, I can draw up parts now pretty quickly (in less time that actually scribing out my cut lines to cut manually would take) and cutting takes only seconds it seems. Cutting multiples of the same part or parts I have cut in the past is super easy. Once they are in your post process library its literally a few clicks of the mouse to upload and cut the part. For me, the addition of this table has been the best thing to happen to my shop. I can now make complex parts that used to take hours, in just minutes

Whatever table you go with, make sure they have good tech support/ customer service to go with it. Langmuir has been exceptional for me in that respect. With that said i have outgrown my table very quickly, and honestly when cutting larger parts I REALLY wish I had THC. My Crossfire runs non stop 3-4 days out of the week making brackets, tabs and metal art (I'm a registered nurse for my "day job"). It has been a great table for what I spent, but now I am looking to purchase a 5 x 10 JD2 table, to do more production work. Premier also makes a nice low cost table with THC that I likely would have went with had I known about them before I purchased the langmuir table
Fl-Krawler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2019, 09:59 PM   #177 (permalink)

Member # 52361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl-Krawler View Post
I have the initial $1500 in my table and that is it. I like you already had my plasma. Your only other cost would be what you spend on a laptop.

For me the first few days of ownership were very frustrating. I wanted to smash shit with a hammer and getting everything set up was a colossal pain in the ass. Everything for the langmuir table is on youtube tutorials. I ended up having to have a second laptop playing the videos and stopping at each step when setting everything up. Written instructions would have been way better. If you get all the files downloaded correctly and in the correct place you can be up and cutting parts in a few hours. It seems for me each step took a few tries before I could move onto the next step.

Once I finally got all the files in the right, the cad learning curve was steep, but within a few days I got it down to a smoothly oiled process. Four months in, I can draw up parts now pretty quickly (in less time that actually scribing out my cut lines to cut manually would take) and cutting takes only seconds it seems. Cutting multiples of the same part or parts I have cut in the past is super easy. Once they are in your post process library its literally a few clicks of the mouse to upload and cut the part. For me, the addition of this table has been the best thing to happen to my shop. I can now make complex parts that used to take hours, in just minutes

Whatever table you go with, make sure they have good tech support/ customer service to go with it. Langmuir has been exceptional for me in that respect. With that said i have outgrown my table very quickly, and honestly when cutting larger parts I REALLY wish I had THC. My Crossfire runs non stop 3-4 days out of the week making brackets, tabs and metal art (I'm a registered nurse for my "day job"). It has been a great table for what I spent, but now I am looking to purchase a 5 x 10 JD2 table, to do more production work. Premier also makes a nice low cost table with THC that I likely would have went with had I known about them before I purchased the langmuir table
Thank you for taking the time to put that together, looks like I'll bump a table to the top of my tool list
PROJECTJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2019, 05:54 AM   #178 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5587
Quote:
Thank you for taking the time to put that together, looks like I'll bump a table to the top of my tool list
Same here.
Step Son is wanting one.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeehaaaaaaaa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
border="0" alt="" title="flipoff2" class="inlineimg" />

Last edited by SSSRodeo; 05-04-2019 at 05:56 AM.
SSSRodeo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2019, 04:55 PM   #179 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 159940
I am still debating building VS buying a table.... Decisions decisions. lol.

in also need a bigger garage.

It has been some time now, how has yall's tables been holding up so far?
Talon2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2019, 05:38 PM   #180 (permalink)
Shift to the Best

Member # 68266
Maybe this weekend I can get mine up and running. Maybe........

Shift controllers and shifters, AMS mounts
Toyota Triple & Twin Sticks
John 3:16- He is the answer.
R.DesJardin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2019, 07:52 PM   #181 (permalink)

Member # 52361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl-Krawler View Post
. Premier also makes a nice low cost table with THC that I likely would have went with had I known about them before I purchased the langmuir table
So looking around a little, premier is also a 2 hour drive for me, their tackles are a little more expensive, they seem more user friendly, it looks like they sell them with a refurb desktop with some software.

Which one of these were you looking at?

https://premierplasmacnc.com/

Also, should I consider buying a $250 Chinese plasma and keeping it on the table, vs moving my miller 625 back and forth? 1/4" clean is my target, rarely would I ask more of it
PROJECTJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2019, 08:04 PM   #182 (permalink)
NERD

Member # 25303
I’m in the same boat as fl-crawler, need a bigger table but I don’t have space. THC is also an issue for longer cuts although I’ve made the manual set height work. Looking into a 2x4 from Premier unless I can fit a 4x4. Wright CNC has a beefier 2x2 that is identical with features to the Langmuir but no idea on their customer support. Does anyone have feedback on the support from Premier or Wright CNC?

My aluminum water table has galvanic corrosion and now has holes in it. I had one of the early tables so this has since been changed to aluminum. Langmuir gave me free shipping and 50% off a SS water table and it arrived last week. I’ll put it in soon and be up and running again. I run Greencut fluid as well with a zinc anode and it still galvanized. I’m still pretty happy about the whole deal and Langmuir got me taken care of via email within 2 hours. Hopefully I can upgrade to a 4x4 table with THC in the next few months but I am gonna have to find a way to make space in my little 2 car garage! Good problems to have that’s for sure.

2013 Raptor SuperCrew Tow Rig
Porsche

Fab Parts:

PNW Shock Tuning:
gtxracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2019, 06:02 AM   #183 (permalink)
Shift to the Best

Member # 68266
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxracer View Post
Iím in the same boat as fl-crawler, need a bigger table but I donít have space. THC is also an issue for longer cuts although Iíve made the manual set height work. Looking into a 2x4 from Premier unless I can fit a 4x4....................Hopefully I can upgrade to a 4x4 table with THC in the next few months but I am gonna have to find a way to make space in my little 2 car garage! Good problems to have thatís for sure.
Sound like you need the table I always wanted to make. I thought a 2ft x6ft or even a 18" x 6ft so it sits out of the way against the wall. For the hobby guy it seems longer parts are more likely to cut than taller parts.

Shift controllers and shifters, AMS mounts
Toyota Triple & Twin Sticks
John 3:16- He is the answer.
R.DesJardin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2019, 07:18 PM   #184 (permalink)

Member # 47337
Quote:
So looking around a little, premier is also a 2 hour drive for me, their tackles are a little more expensive, they seem more user friendly, it looks like they sell them with a refurb desktop with some software.

Which one of these were you looking at?

https://premierplasmacnc.com/

Also, should I consider buying a $250 Chinese plasma and keeping it on the table, vs moving my miller 625 back and forth? 1/4" clean is my target, rarely would I ask more of it
Their 2 x 4 table would have done everything automotive I needed to do. I would stay away from the cheap chinese plasma
Fl-Krawler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2019, 08:39 AM   #185 (permalink)

Member # 518897
Quote:
Does anyone have feedback on the support from Premier or Wright CNC?
So far I'm not very happy with Wright. Today marks 13 weeks since my paid in full order and I was quoted 7-8. I've had the table for a month now and still no Hypertherm. When this started they were quick to reply. Now, they answer about every 3rd call/email I send. Table seems nice but I'd save some time and money and order the plasma from somewhere else if considering Wright (45XP is $300 cheaper and a couple days out on Amazon).

Also, their 4x4 is closer to a 6x6 footprint and they do not recommend throwing it on casters FYI. She's a big girl.
Mr_Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2019, 10:53 AM   #186 (permalink)
NERD

Member # 25303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Scott View Post
So far I'm not very happy with Wright. Today marks 13 weeks since my paid in full order and I was quoted 7-8. I've had the table for a month now and still no Hypertherm. When this started they were quick to reply. Now, they answer about every 3rd call/email I send. Table seems nice but I'd save some time and money and order the plasma from somewhere else if considering Wright (45XP is $300 cheaper and a couple days out on Amazon).

Also, their 4x4 is closer to a 6x6 footprint and they do not recommend throwing it on casters FYI. She's a big girl.
Thanks for the feedback. Iíll likely be going with a Premier 2x4 with water table and THC. My main drawback is space and the THC. I am trying to justify fitting a 4x4 in my tiny space so some other things in my shop may have to go to make cutting easier.

If anyone is seriously interested in my upgraded 2x3 Langmuir I might part ways with it later this year. It has full travel of the water table. It has both the aluminum and the stainless water tables and has been well kept and cleaned regularly with a stainless replacement Y axis. Iíll be keeping my Mach3 and Powermax 65 though unless someone gives me a stupid good offer on the Hypertherm. Iíve been eyeballing the 45XP due to the laser engraving feature.

2013 Raptor SuperCrew Tow Rig
Porsche

Fab Parts:

PNW Shock Tuning:
gtxracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2019, 11:01 AM   #187 (permalink)
mothfuckle

Member # 225557
Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. I’ll likely be going with a Premier 2x4 with water table and THC. My main drawback is space and the THC. I am trying to justify fitting a 4x4 in my tiny space so some other things in my shop may have to go to make cutting easier.

If anyone is seriously interested in my upgraded 2x3 Langmuir I might part ways with it later this year. It has full travel of the water table. It has both the aluminum and the stainless water tables and has been well kept and cleaned regularly with a stainless replacement Y axis. I’ll be keeping my Mach3 and Powermax 65 though unless someone gives me a stupid good offer on the Hypertherm. I’ve been eyeballing the 45XP due to the laser engraving feature.
how you got the SS water table?

never mind all i had to look up

Last edited by fredycruger; 06-05-2019 at 11:03 AM.
fredycruger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2019, 11:51 AM   #188 (permalink)

Member # 518897
I hear ya. Powder coating oven and a few other things had to be relocated. I'm in a 3 car and feeling pretty claustrophobic.
Mr_Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in