JMR benders - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Shop and Tools
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2019, 05:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 6292
JMR benders

They still around? Looking to buy JMR RaceLine, JD 32, or Pro Tools 105HD manual setup. Was leaning towards JMR but can't seem to find them anymore. Their website is just dead links & missing pictures, and TrickTools doesn't have them in their active catalog anymore. Just a few, odd square tube dies. Only way to find any info is old pages through google.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
houlster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2019, 06:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 155086
You can't go wrong with a Jd2 32
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2019, 07:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 140040
Rogue Fabrication M800. Super easy to use, and doesn't require a 10' circle (or more) of clear shop space to use.

Old 08-12-2019, 09:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
perfection in plasma

Member # 25823
Send a message via ICQ to carslut
good question, i have one of there benders and love it but def need to get a few dies soon. hope they are around still.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

carslut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2019, 03:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 161331
Please do not give that fat lieing shitbag thief any more money.
bdkw1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2019, 10:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 155086
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLTHFJ60 View Post
Rogue Fabrication M800. Super easy to use, and doesn't require a 10' circle (or more) of clear shop space to use.
I don't need 10' or more circle with mine. I mounted mine vertical.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
perfection in plasma

Member # 25823
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdkw1 View Post
i feel a backstory coming on!...... what happened?

Old 11-06-2019, 06:35 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 871608
Sorry this is off topic but I'm trying to be able to view pictures and I need 10posts to do so. Do these quick replys count as a post?
d1sord3rx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2019, 06:36 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 871608
Nevermind just answered my own question
d1sord3rx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2019, 09:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
Gravity Works!

Member # 25608
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLTHFJ60 View Post
I’ve no idea how people can use a vertical bender unless all you bend is non compound bends and only one bend in a short piece of tube. Otherwise they’re useless as tits on a whore imo.
Old 11-08-2019, 09:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
Gravity Works!

Member # 25608
Quote:
Why’s that?

I bought one of his benders a few years ago after using one of my buddies for a couple years. I had a pos M-tech (basically JD) that had thin plates so no bending .188 on it. I can bend .25 on my JMR.

Other thing I like is JMR full inch dies and non of that .5” crap.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:24 AM   #12 (permalink)
perfection in plasma

Member # 25823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landslide View Post
Why’s that?

I bought one of his benders a few years ago after using one of my buddies for a couple years. I had a pos M-tech (basically JD) that had thin plates so no bending .188 on it. I can bend .25 on my JMR.

Other thing I like is JMR full inch dies and non of that .5” crap.
is JMR doing much biz these days? i don't see their products at Kartek like i used to or on any websites.

I also have had great luck with their dies, and customer service was fine when i had a issue few years back. but i def would like to hear any issues others have had with them before i go deeper into getting tooling from them.

Old 11-08-2019, 02:27 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 161331
Quote:
Why’s that?
Because he's a lieing, thieving shitbag. Someone who has no problem telling you the parts for your truck got stolen then you find out later on he sold them to another customer. Will sell you "4340" spindles that bend the first time you run them. Then you rockwell test them and they come out about 30C. So much for heat treat. Or that one time a truck was brought in for some minor fab and he cut the whole front off because "it was wrong" And then wanted another 10K to fix what he fucked up.

The list goes on. The guy has been a douchebag for years but people just keep on giving him money.
Old 11-08-2019, 04:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Poly Performance still carries JMR. I’ve seen Dave post about it on FB recenty.

Companies helping me get dirty:

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2019, 06:12 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 10
Quote:
I’ve no idea how people can use a vertical bender unless all you bend is non compound bends and only one bend in a short piece of tube. Otherwise they’re useless as tits on a whore imo.
Care to explain why a horizontal JD2 Model 3 will bend what you're saying, but mount the same bender vertically and it can't do it anymore?
Old 11-08-2019, 06:18 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 37016
Quote:
Because he's a lieing, thieving shitbag. Someone who has no problem telling you the parts for your truck got stolen then you find out later on he sold them to another customer. Will sell you "4340" spindles that bend the first time you run them. Then you rockwell test them and they come out about 30C. So much for heat treat. Or that one time a truck was brought in for some minor fab and he cut the whole front off because "it was wrong" And then wanted another 10K to fix what he fucked up.

The list goes on. The guy has been a douchebag for years but people just keep on giving him money.
I heard he got shot in the face by a customer be cause hes such a fuxking retard. Igor from Triton engineering who builds badass shit. Lasernut ifs/irs car used to work for him when he was in ventura county. Burnt bridges and move more north.
65Chevy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2019, 06:35 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 161331
Yes, he did get shot. Bummed he survived. His brother Shawn is also a piece of shit.
Old 11-09-2019, 06:49 PM   #18 (permalink)
Gravity Works!

Member # 25608
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Lean View Post
Care to explain why a horizontal JD2 Model 3 will bend what you're saying, but mount the same bender vertically and it can't do it anymore?
How long of a compound tube bend can you do in a vertical bender setup? How do you support a long compound bend tube in a vertical bender setup for a second or third bend? As I said, I doubt it happens in a setup like that and if so, I’ve no doubt your either fighting it, it’s probably not accurate and you run out of ceiling height to handle compound long tube bends.

If it’s you thing then knock yourself out, but I see it has a huge hassle to fawk with and no advantages what so ever.

Last edited by Landslide; 11-09-2019 at 06:50 PM.
Landslide is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2019, 06:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
Gravity Works!

Member # 25608
Quote:

I never knew any of the drama surrounding the guy and only talked to him over the phone a couple of times. He delivered on what I ordered so I had no reason for any alarms to go off.

I bought my bender around 6 or so years ago after I sold my old M-tech. I tried to buy my buddy’s JMR setup he had that I used all the time for him and myself. He doesn’t know how to use it to build anything with it but wouldn’t part ways with it.
Old 11-12-2019, 06:51 AM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 10
Quote:
How long of a compound tube bend can you do in a vertical bender setup? How do you support a long compound bend tube in a vertical bender setup for a second or third bend? As I said, I doubt it happens in a setup like that and if so, I’ve no doubt your either fighting it, it’s probably not accurate and you run out of ceiling height to handle compound long tube bends.

If it’s you thing then knock yourself out, but I see it has a huge hassle to fawk with and no advantages what so ever.
I've bent lots of tube in a horizontal bender over the years, and once I tried it vertically I was sold. Most of the time I don't need to support the tube like I did when it was horizontal, because gravity doesn't want to "droop" the tube out of position. That's for in-plane bends. Compound bends you have to support of course, just like any bender--but I don't run out of ceiling height because I can roll the bender outside. That's the biggest difference for me, since my horizontal bender was bolted to the floor.
Old 11-12-2019, 07:44 AM   #21 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 140040
Quote:

You're making up issues. The problem is your head, not vertical benders.

I've had no issues doing compound bends in full sticks (20') of tubing.

Last edited by GLTHFJ60; 11-12-2019 at 07:45 AM.
GLTHFJ60 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2019, 08:02 AM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 83301
Quote:
Who are you talking about? JD2? JMR? Rogue? be specific or you are just a keyboard monkey throwing poop
Old 11-12-2019, 11:14 AM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 161331
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsylvaniaboy View Post
Who are you talking about? JD2? JMR? Rogue? be specific or you are just a keyboard monkey throwing poop
Jim Makinzie AKA JMR. I may be a poop throwing monkey, but I have had direct dealings with that shitbag.

If you had read the whole thread, it's pretty obvious who I am talking about.
Old 11-12-2019, 01:16 PM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 147348
It wasn't to me....

JMR and Pro-Tools was in the same breath, so thanks for clarifying.

I don't see why anyone would buy anything but a JD2 M32 but I like the Rogue fab guys for they're open participation on there products.

Last edited by CarterKaft; 11-12-2019 at 01:37 PM.
CarterKaft is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in