What's in your shop? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Shop and Tools
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2019, 10:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 25632
What's in your shop?

I thought it might be cool for people to post a list of what they have in thier garage shop and a brief description of how long you've had it and how they like it.

Something like:

Welder: Miller 211 I've only had it for a few months, so far I love it. Got for ~$1100 otd with rebates and shit at the local dealer. Threw it on the HF cart with the drawers, which works well also.

Plasma: lotos CT520D just ordered, supposed to be here tomorrow. Will edit with impressions

Tube bender: jd2 model 32 just ordered, had a model 3 before and loved it

Notcher: Rouge fab versa notcher just ordered

Grinder: 11 amp Dewalt, only a few months old, might be the most power for the money in an angle grinder. We had a ton at my old work and they were really good. The metabo's were better and lasted forever, but around twice as much. Also just got a HF "pistol trigger" 4.5" to keep a flap wheel on. Seems fine so far

Drill: M18 fuel, had 6 months or so, Great drill, I swear my old non fuel m18 drill wouldn't stall in 1, where this one will if I really load it down.

Drill press: none, but I did order a Rouge fab drill press 4:1 speed reduction, so I need to get one. Probably just grab the smaller HF free standing one.

Impact/s: M18 fuel 1/4" hex, had 6 months or so this thing is a beast for only being a 1/4" hex. I've broken 1 1/2" adapter doing lug nuts. I did have the first gen big boy 1/2" and that thing was amazing. Also had a 3/8" that I loved.

Sawzall: M18 hackzall, few months old, pretty decent, sometimes I wonder if I should have just got the regular Sawzall, but easier 1 hand use is nice. I've even cut 6-8" trees down with it.

Hand tools: craftsman(made in China) ~100 pc set and husky ~140 pc set. About 8 months old. Both seem decent quality. I even had a pretty long breaker bar on the 3/8" craftsman ratchet expecting it to break and it held up. I know the husky has more pieces but I think this is a problem with all craftsmen box sets, almost no wrenches and they miss the common sizes for metric. I think it has 10, 11, 12, 13 and 15. The husky has 10-19 and 3/8-7/8 plus some little stamped ones for smaller sizes. The husky is the plastic "tool box" style with drawers, and a handle on top. Except every time you carry it, the drawers start to come open.

Also have some HF swivel head ratchets that I love.

Plyers/channel locks: Irwin brand channel locks with the button and fine tooth adjustment. Had these for a while and they are killer.

Vice: had a rigid pipe vice that I used for everything, changing ujoints, hold a 3rd member, hold tube or bar to be cut, ect. They're normally ~$1k new, I got that one at a yard sale for $80.

Saw: need to get another saw, can't decide if I want to spring for a bandsaw that can also cut vertical (which I've used a ton in the past and love) or just get a carbide chop saw.

Misc:?
YotaAtieToo is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2019, 04:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 256962
Bay 3:
  • Big fucking compressor, haven't even hooked it up or wired it yet.

Gas cans I got at the dump, self propelled mower I got for free, a weed wacker, garden tools, harbor freight staging and a wheelbarrow.

Cincinati #2 vertical, not hooked up, not running, needs to be gone through and cleaned.

Bay 2:
  • 26" lathe of unknown manufacturer, in pieces awaiting transport to my basement machine shop. I'm highly satisfied with the purchase but I kinda miss the garage bay it occupies.

Two Dana 80s

A Ford 300

A wheelbarrow full of tools (almost all HF, they work fine) pipe kinker dies and misc car parts.

Bay 1:
  • An unused wood stove that functions as a table on which I store all my automotive chemicals

A bunch of C-channel standing in the corner (I'm gonna get around to building a welding table eventually)

Two 4x6 sheets of 1/4 steel (also for the welding table).

A Ford Ranger with a popped head gasket and some teeth missing from the flywheel ring gear that's awaiting an engine swap.

It's worth noting that the garage itself is falling over because it was built abutting a retaining wall that is pushing it over and that the 3rd bay was a later addition with a roof that does not drain properly which is causing the 3rd bay to rot off. Bays 1 and 2 are 19ft long with ~80" wide doors, bay 3 is too tight to work on things but could store a small car, tractor or boat on trailer if there weren't a mill in it.

Now, if you had asked me about my basement or all the shop tools and supplies that are in storage on my parent's property I'd have had something useful to say.

Last edited by arse_sidewards; 08-14-2019 at 06:08 AM.
arse_sidewards is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2019, 06:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 256962
How often do you use the surface grinder? They're cheap and I keep thinking I should pick up one that's at least 24" (so I can do I6 stuff) but I feel like for 99% of what I do fly-cutter on the Cincinnati will be more than enough and I can hand scrape anything that needs to be flatter than that.
arse_sidewards is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2019, 07:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5851
Send a message via AIM to KacksterK5
Bay 1
83 CJ7
TV cabinet,
Crab eating table
Shoe shelf
Refrigerator

Bay 2
86 4Runner
400EX
Lawn Tractor
Snowblower
Dewalt Cordless everything
Compressor in Attic
Yard tools on Wall
Work bench
Hobart 190 Welder on cart
Honda Generator
Bench Grinder
Tool Chests
Storage shelves
Big dewalt grinder
Tabletop drill press
little dewalt grinder
Cabinets

86 4Raisin A bunch of stuff under it

02 Chevy 2500 HD Tow Rig

Last edited by KacksterK5; 08-14-2019 at 07:53 AM.
KacksterK5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2019, 09:20 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 687330
Following your Format.....

Welder: Lincoln Powermig 216...Purchased new 8 years ago. Takes a lickin and keeps on tickin. Use it to weld 023 solid wire up to 045 gas shield flux cure. Also have Lincoln's cheapy aluminum spoolgun (which works okay...just be prepared to have lots of extra contact tips for when the wire doesn't feed properly)

Lincoln PT 225 tig welder. Purchased new about 3 years ago. It's a heavy beast but seems ultra-reliable. Time will tell. I certainly have a long way to go (skills) before I'd ever consider upgrading from this machine.

Plasma: 2'x'2 Torchmate table, bought used about 5 years ago. Lincoln Tomahawk 625 w/ machine torch & hand torch. Has a pretty poor duty cycle when running full-bore on the table. Plenty for what I'm doing right now. If I ever decide to scale up, would love to have a 4x4 with height control. Would be a lot more friendly for signs/art making.

Benders: jd2 model model 3 bender w/ air over hydro cyl. Collecting a bunch of dies for this thing. Very reliable and simple to use. Probably owned for 12 years.
HF manual rod bender. Made a pile of money off this thing. Bent tons of ss and aluminum round bar for various projects. Still holding up well.

Notcher: jd2 TN-100, same vintage as bender. No issues, simple to use. Only drawback is versatility compared to others on the market.

Grinder: 11 amp Dewalt 4.5" grinder, an old 7" HF (orange) grinder I just can't seem to kill. Getting abrasives through Lehigh Valley & Benchmark. Great products and pricing.

Drill press: Black Bull (chinese) picked up used. Not very precision but durable and has been maintenance free.

Saws: Corded DeWalt sawzall. Thing is a beast. Not my favorite cutting tool though. Dewalt dry cut saw. Other than the stamped base this saw has been awesome.
Husky chop saw. Avoid usage if at all possible but works great for what it is.
MSC Industrial Bandsaw; just got one dropped off to the shop by a friend. Haven't had a chance to use it but looks like the ticket!

Hand tools: Got a 450 pc craftsmen set about 15 years ago. It was a great starter set that had most of the essentials. Have added to it since then with some gearwrench & HF (specialty tools)

Vice: Cheapo craftsman 6". Picked up new for $50. I don't expect it to last long but it has been working.

Press: 20 T HF with swag finger brake set and HD arbor plates. No complaints. Might gusset the press up someday. It can get a little flexy at times.

Compressor: 30 gal upright Husky. I think its about 8 years old. I'm surprised it's still holding up. Lots of hours sucking plasma dust. I do change the oil every now and then though!

Misc: HF beam trolley and 1 ton chain fall. Nothing exciting but does the job
Daytona 4 ton professional jack...Much nicer than anything I previously owned. Hope this holds up, I really like it.
80k BTU Mr. Heater.....Keeps it cozy in the winter, even in an uninsulated 22x40 shop.
nyebrosfab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2019, 10:12 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 23553
In my small 2 car garage:

Welder: MIG: Miller 211 inverter
TIG: Lincoln Square Wave 175 transformer

Plasma: Zeny Cut 50

Tube bender: JD2 model 3 with trailer jack to actuate it so it is portable

Notcher: Milwaukee Chop Saw

Grinder: Makita 7a(?), JET bench grinder with belt sander attachment

Drill: Makita Brushless

Drill press: Cheapo garage sale bench top

Impact/s: Makita brushless 1/2" and 1/4", Aircat air 1/2" impact

Sawzall: Makita battery power

Hand tools: HF sockets and wrenches. Snap on and Proto ratchets. Real channel lock pliers, mix n match screwdrivers and whatnot

Vice: Big and small china no name

Saw: Dewalt Portaband mounted vertical on a table.
mjlogan88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2019, 05:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 9144
Send a message via AIM to DozerDan
You should post you address, and hours worked too. Just so everyone can get an idea of your schedule.

Fear is not an option!
DozerDan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2019, 08:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Broke Bastard

Member # 1129
Quote:
Originally Posted by DozerDan View Post
You should post you address, and hours worked too. Just so everyone can get an idea of your schedule.
Exactly what I was thinking
Old 08-14-2019, 10:10 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 25632
Jesus, that's some serious paranoia. Do you burry your cash in Mason jars around the yard to?
Old 08-15-2019, 01:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Broke Bastard

Member # 1129
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaAtieToo View Post
Jesus, that's some serious paranoia. Do you burry your cash in Mason jars around the yard to?
Have you been spying on me?
Old 08-15-2019, 05:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 406202
A 76 Vett, 2 planers, jointer, table saw, torches and lots of smalls. Unfortunately, the water got 4' deep during Hurricane Florence last year.
FirstRam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2019, 11:09 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 53453
Quote:
Originally Posted by DozerDan View Post
Good idea!

24 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Ontario
Hours worked, well, not many, but I'm vacationing most of the time. So I probably won't be there if you want to stop by to chat. Especially not if it's anything about political scandals.

Welder: Millermatic 180. I bought it 15? years ago. It owes me NOTHING. I badly need to replace it, but it lays beads, so why cut new ice blocks when your igloo is still standing?

Plasma: Victor/Hypertherm Cutmaster 40. It's too small. I rarely use it because I love grinders.

Bender: Got a JD2 somewhere.

Notcher: Makita 14" abrasion saw, or a grinder or die grinder. I rarely work with tube, so ehh.

Grinder: 4 Makitas (1 8"??? that will fuck you up right quick, 2 5", 1 cordless 4.5"), 1 DeWalt 5", 1 Mastercrap that just as a wire cup in it all the time.

Drill: Uh. Lots. Makita cordless X2, Makita corded hammerdrill (with the SDS action so it actually fucking works), Makita corded big fuck you up fuck fuck drill, Mastercrap drill or two, Mac airdrill.

Drillpress: Some gigantic Princess Auto shit with massive runout. Works pretty good though.

Impacts are for bitches that can't use a wrench.

Sawzall: Makita cordless, Makita corded, Mastercrap corded that I bought just to cut the lid off my septic tank and planned to throw away after but kept because I'm a Scotsman that lived in Israel.

Hand tools: Lots of import Craftsman (Danahar), Mastercrap (same as import Craftsman, literally the same factory), Bahco, Strap-On, Proto, Princess Auto (some of which isn't actually shit), Knipex for the shit I want to fuckulate, got some Plomb because the pebble is the shit.

Vice: Big POS Jet, Wilton hitch vice on the welding cart (use it 99.9% of the time).

Saw: Taiwanese bandsaw, and a 14" Makita abrasion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DirtyComanche is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 06:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
Shift to the Best

Member # 68266
TIG, MIG, Stick, gas, grinders, benders.......Everything I need to build most anything. Except a vertical metal cutting bandsaw.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Shift controllers and shifters, AMS mounts
Toyota Triple & Twin Sticks
John 3:16- He is the answer.
R.DesJardin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 07:32 AM   #14 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 140040
I'll play. All of this in a 22'x30' attached garage that can usually still fit a FJ60 Land Cruiser:

Welders:
- Hobart Ironman 210 - couldn't do what i do without it
- Hobart TigMate 230 - still learning, but enables me to fabricate with aluminum
- Ready Welder

Plasma:
- Miller Spectrum 375 X-Treme (love it), although will probably sell when ready to get a plasma table

Tube bender:
- Rogue Fab M600 w/HD conversion (love it)

Notcher:
n/a - have been using my mill without much desire for a notcher

Metal Saws:
- harbor freight (bauer) portaband in a DIY upright table that attaches to my welding table - somewhat loud, but cuts great - very versatile tool

Grinder:
- 2x Dewalt DWE402s - Workhorses - have used them pretty consistently for 3 years without complaint
- 2x Metabo 4" grinders - Bought used to supplement - am becoming a big fan. Seem quieter than the dewalts
- 2x Metabo 9" grinders - holy fuck, instead of pressing into the metal, you just hold the grinder in place and it eats through the metal - too big for most stuff, but when you can use it, it's an animal
- 1hp Dayton variable speed 6" bench grinder on custom 6bt crank stand - It's a beast, and will throw shit quite a ways if you get something stuck in it.

Drill press:
- old delta rockwell table top drill press - not sure of year, 1/2hp motor - works good what for drillin

Hydraulic Press:
- HF 20t w/swag HD press brake - press is essential for working on driveline components (tcases, diffs, etc.) - press brake has been making fabrication easier and faster

Cordless Tools:
- Dewalt 18v stuff - recip, drills, impacts, saws, drywall cutters, nailers, vacuums, etc. All great tools, but the batteries are starting to go bad (even the liPos), and the overmoulding is starting to come off of most
- Dewalt 20v MAX stuff - I'm in process of moving over to the 20v system - DCW210B (haven't used yet) - DCF887B (fuck ton of power) - DCD996B (fuck ton of power, chuck has a hard time grabbing onto smooth shank drills for metal)
- Dewalt 60v MAX stuff - DCS577X1 - rapidly becoming my favorite saw - tons of power and easy to make accurate cuts without a cutting station

Wood Saws:
- Delta 280 bandsaw - auction buy, gets a surprising amount of use - was planning on selling it, but I think it'll stick around
- Makita corded miter saw - handy for framing and finish carpentry

Router:
- Porter Cable 690LR (iirc) - easily the second most useful woodworking tool after the DCS577X1 - tons of power

Tool Chests:
- 72" US General bottom tool chest - love it, great value
- 56" US General top tool chest - love it, great value
- US General mechanic's tool chest - love it, great value

Hand tools:
- Craftsman USA sockets, wrenches, ratchets
- Craftsman China sockets, wrenches, ratchets
- Proto sockets, ratchets
- HF impact sockets and trays
- HF/Knipex/ChannelLock/ViseGrip/whatever pliers, cutters, hammers, specialty mechanics tools, etc.

Air Tools:
- Mostly IR ratchets, impacts, die grinders, right angle grinders, air filer, etc
- consumables come from McMaster Carr

Air Compressor:
- 5hp Campbell Hausfield wired for 220v - 100% duty cycle

Vices:
- 6" Parker swivel fixed jaw - weighs somewhere around 150# - Great for setting up diffs and holding things big things
- 4" parker tall style vise with pipe jaws - more precise, but still very HD - great for holding smaller things

Machining:
1956 Bridgeport Series 1 J Head w/in-column coolant pump
- Great machine. Use it for tube notching with the machinist vise, custom parts, modifying parts, super accurate bolt extraction, etc.
- Shars 6" vise
- amazon HSS chineseum cutters (garbage)
- amazon inserted face mill (very nice)
- shars r8 drill chuck (works OK)
- shars r8 collets (work fine)

1953 Leblond Dual Drive Lathe with coolant pump
- my crown jewel - in decent shape, but could use a new cross-slide nut and shaft
- use for all sorts of things - press tools, axles, fixtures, axleshaft modifications, driveshafts, etc.
- 4 jaw chuck, two different 3 jaw chucks
- tons of carbide and HSS tooling
- Aloris CXA toolpost and tool holders
- love using this machine

1960s Engelberg 10x70.5 sander
- bought on a whim locally, but is proving itself to be incredibly useful both for metal removal and wood removal
- 24, 60, 120 grit belts from mcmaster
- 24" ish long platten is great for making stuff pretty flat

American Rotary ADX10 to power the three phase machines

Last edited by GLTHFJ60; Yesterday at 08:55 AM.
GLTHFJ60 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 08:22 AM   #15 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 135947
I dig this thread. Helps me plan what to spend my money on that I won't be able to use for another 10+years

Welders:

Miller252-I've had it since 2009 and it's hand down the best purchase I've ever made.
Miller 250 Thunderbolt-I'd had it since 2010 and bought it very used from an old motorcycle fab shop. I only use it to weld cast and it's always worked well. No issues with it at all.

Plasma cutter:

Esab Powercut 900-I bought it in 2009 when it first came out and I hate the fuggin thing. I wish I'd have bought a Powercut 875.

Victor torches-love them.

24" GK lathe-

From the early 1900's, prior to 1911 (I'm told on Practical Machinist). I've recently changed how the belt engages the drive spindle and haven't used it yet. Prior to that I learned hard lesson about babbitt bearings and the oilers they used way back when. It's worth the investment to get modern oilers that you can set the drips per minute. I have to pour a new babbitt because of improper oiling. Otherwise I love having the ability to turn very large items. Wouldn't want anything small.

Big ol Delta drill press. It's older and I had to modify how it applies belt tension. It also needs the 4:1 kit Swag offers. Doesn't get nearly slow enough for hardly anything.

14'x3'x3' fab table with 1" layered top. The top 1/2" is AR400 which works exceedingly well at keeping it night and flat with heavy hammer use. I love and hate this thing all at the same time. It's too big for my small shop but I love the size for working on axles, bumpers, frames, etc. It's just a great do-all and would be perfect if it were an L shape simply because I'm limited to 28'x32' in the shop.

Big rollaway Crapsman tool box that holds roughly 1/2 of my actual hand tools. I can't go any bigger nor add another box due to size restrictions in the shop.

My hand tools are 1/2 Crapsman (standard and Pro), Mac, Snap-On, and a few misc brands (Gearwrench, Proto, SK, Grey, etc). Snap-On is above and beyond my favorite everything but hand wrenches. Crapsman Pro takes that award by a long shop.

9" Wilton vise along with a few other small no name ones, but I rarely dig those out. I have the vises on a hitch/receiver setup on the table.

6" Crapsman bench grinder with wire wheel. I hate the thing. It's underpowered and virtually useless.

I have a small army of grinders and drills. My Milwaukee ones are above and beyond the best I have. They're nearly all corded, I'm not on the battery operated freight train yet in the shop, just for the house tools.

I have a small army of air tools nearly all IR. I won't deviate from IR due to the longevity and ease of serviceability they offer. I have some Mac, Cornwell, Snap-On, and HF ones But the brand name ones weren't worth the money in my opinion and HF is what it is.

I have 2 HF vert/horiz band saws and I can't keep those fuggin blades adjusted to not bind and snap, slip off the pulley, or cut straight. They're still better than any chop saw but I'd rather have a big Delta, Jet, or Baleigh (my preferred).

I have a ProTools air/hdyro bender. I haven't used it since 2013 or so but it's built a few cages, lots of bumpers, lots of fenders, lots of misc tube stuffs, and a few pieces of buggies. I love this thing and it was worth the money I spent on it.

I have a few blast cabinets and they all suck. I've built 2-3 different styles of dust collection to try and see what I'm doing, but if you're going to get one spend the money on a good one.

I have a few pot blasters-HF and some misc local brand name I can't remember and they're alright, no issues there. They're virtually the same thing between brand name and HF. The only difference I can see is the quality of the hose and gauge.

20-ton HF shop press. I love and hate this thing. It's incredibly flexy but des what I ask of it-which is nothing precision...

I have tons of smaller things like hose tools, electrical kits, lots of homemade tools etc.
whitneyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 03:14 PM   #16 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 9144
Send a message via AIM to DozerDan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyComanche View Post
Good idea!

24 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Ontario
Hours worked, well, not many, but I'm vacationing most of the time. So I probably won't be there if you want to stop by to chat. Especially not if it's anything about political scandals.

Fear is not an option!
DozerDan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 02:32 PM   #17 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 20304
Send a message via AIM to BarrelRoll
13'x24' rental duplex garage, miller 211, a bunch of china freight junk, a butcher block work bench that someone screwed up the measurments and it isn't flat, a bench vise held down with vise grips because someone is too lazy to drill 4 holes to bolt it down, and a TJ I should be working on the exhaust instead of surfing pirate.
BarrelRoll is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 03:11 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 192237
garbage
garbage
more fucking garbage

it's funny when you get to the point of having enough tools that the space occupied by them would actually be more useful than the tools
[486] is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 03:55 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 161331
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitneyj View Post
Prior to that I learned hard lesson about babbitt bearings and the oilers they used way back when.
The South Bend at work of that vintage has had roller bear replacement. Oil it whenever. Might look into it.
bdkw1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 04:42 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 156657
Started out in a 40x48 ,upstairs on half ,lots of space. Lincoln power mig 255 , bender , notcher, powermax treefitty plasma , low rise lift and just a decent assortment of tools , jigs ,and crap from HF. Then then the fucking bitch irene decided to dump a shit ton of rain and send 11 ft of water through shop from the shoharie creek . Never me sure it but probably 40-50 ft above its normal state . So now I have my crap at house in attach garage same welder plasma most tools (lost 25% of my shit). So at house I have added a 5x10 plasma table powermax 85 that's in my wife spot , big air compressor, my son just bought a Chicom tig stick combo . Some point soon be building somthing or grandmas barn with some rehab . As far as other shit in garage right now other than table its all my sons stuff , cr 2fidyy ronnie mac wanna be cr 80 , Pontiac vibe for winter beater , and a bunch of turbo stuff for his scion tc ! Winter is coming and he needs to get cracking . Need to keep the one side open for general fab stuff and matanence this fall winter.
cryptic toy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 09:07 PM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 69594
1 car garage so it's more of a tool box than a shop but facing in the door

Left wall: Roll around welding/work table built out of an old semi truck step and a set of SuperDuty steel wheels, cheapy vise on there that I don't feel bad about coating with weld spatter/tack welding shit to if needed. Motorcycle ramp and extension cords hanging on the wall, big file shelf out of an office full of small parts and power tools. Mostly Ryobi cordless with some Milwaukee and SnapOn in the mix. Corded reciprocating saw and jig saw. Craftsman 4.5" grinder I've had for 14-15 years now, won't die.

Old NAPA tune up parts/filter cabinet stack I scored from work next to the shelf. Top cabinet is alternators, carburetors and bodywork supplies. Middle is motorcycle parts and some other shop supplies, bottom there's yet again more bike parts and some random shocks. Small cabinets bolted onto the side of that with bulbs/fuses/spark plugs/hose clamps

Right wall- Oil/chemical cabinet on the wall, below that is the bong cabinet, jackstands and random scraps on the floor below them. Shelving unit full of wiring/stereo shit next to that above the bins on the wall full of new hardware, SnapOn MW120 MIG welder below those. Welder backs up to the $100 Taiwan floor model drill press. Have some tube and driveshafts behind the drill press. Work bench built off the top of a 40" Craftsman toolbox with the usual hand tools, some power tools and body work stuff. Greenerd No 2 arbor press on one end of the bench, Rock Island 595 vise on the other. Harbor Freight 12" disc sander and a Viair 12v compressor under the bench. Axe, splitting maul and hi-lift tucked between the bench and a Craftsman side cabinet that used to be on the toolbox. Side cab has drawers of old nuts/bolts, paint and more chemicals/grease etc... Floor jack and a motorcycle jack in the corner between the cabinet and the water heater.

In the middle taking up most of the floor are some old enduro bikes and my half abandoned bobber project. Extension cord reel on the ceiling.

The door on the garage is too small to get any of our cars through even if the garage was empty so I don't mind it being full. Getting a new to me shed soon though, the not as nice bikes will get sealed up and shoved out there most likely so I have room to work on the others.

Last edited by TrikeKid; Today at 09:11 PM.
TrikeKid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 10:11 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 25632
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic toy View Post
Started out in a 40x48 ,upstairs on half ,lots of space. Lincoln power mig 255 , bender , notcher, powermax treefitty plasma , low rise lift and just a decent assortment of tools , jigs ,and crap from HF. Then then the fucking bitch irene decided to dump a shit ton of rain and send 11 ft of water through shop from the shoharie creek . Never me sure it but probably 40-50 ft above its normal state . So now I have my crap at house in attach garage same welder plasma most tools (lost 25% of my shit). So at house I have added a 5x10 plasma table powermax 85 that's in my wife spot , big air compressor, my son just bought a Chicom tig stick combo . Some point soon be building somthing or grandmas barn with some rehab . As far as other shit in garage right now other than table its all my sons stuff , cr 2fidyy ronnie mac wanna be cr 80 , Pontiac vibe for winter beater , and a bunch of turbo stuff for his scion tc ! Winter is coming and he needs to get cracking . Need to keep the one side open for general fab stuff and matanence this fall winter.
I feel your pain, I didn't have a crazy amount of tools, but they all burnt last Nov along with everything else I've ever worked for except out 2 vehicles and a few things. It's pretty frustrating at times. Especially all the shit you got a screaming deal on over the years. Like the $1k rigid pipe vice I got for $80 that I used for everything, or the $150 set of torches, they were funky and old but they did what I needed. What's new set of torches and bottles? $1500+ I'm thinking.

Oh well, family is all safe, all this plastic and metal shit is easy to replace.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in