Sand blasters - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Shop and Tools
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2020, 07:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 181868
Sand blasters

My wife has this fancy blast cabinet for etching designs on glass. It's kind of like a normal cabinet with the gloves in the front, but it has rollers in the back and slots to allow the glass (or windows) to pass through. The slots have brushes to keep most of the sand from getting out.

She bought this a long time ago and hasn't used it much. Now the gloves are all cracked up. My son borrowed the sand pot and it never came back. It's been taking up space in my shop for several years now.

I've never sand blasted anything, but I would like to. The good news is a Harbor Freight just opened up in my town. I believe they sell the gloves that go on the cabinets and they have several differnt pots.

I need some schooling on blasting. What size pot should I buy? I'm not planning on blasting for more than a few minutes at a time. (Just small parts) Anything to know about the tips? I have a shitty compressor, so I think I'll be upgrading that.

Any comments/recommendations welcome.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
waterhorse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2020, 05:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Broke Bastard

Member # 1129
All I have to add is, don't buy anything rubber from harbor freight. It just doesn't last.
Old 03-16-2020, 08:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Rednek

Member # 52387
Send a message via AIM to billybob_81067 Send a message via MSN to billybob_81067 Send a message via Yahoo to billybob_81067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny View Post
All I have to add is, don't buy anything rubber from harbor freight. It just doesn't last.
My 1 year old daughter is testament to that... those HF condoms just weren't up to the task!

Old 03-16-2020, 12:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Pavement Challenged

Member # 73465
Buy gloves from tip tools. They have a great selection of blaster parts.

Quote:
This country is trying to childproof the world when they should be worldproofing their children.
71PA_Highboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2020, 01:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 851852
TP tools has a bunch of blasting parts. I'm using their smallest trigger gun and their light inside my cabinet.

This is my old thread when I was setting up my cabinet

https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/shop...l-its-got.html

It's works pretty well with a 30 gallon 9 CFM compressor. I can blast continuously with zero problems with soda at 45 psi, sand at 90psi can still go continuously but the compressor runs a lot. I've been very happy with the setup, done some odd jobs for people as well as some LS exhaust manifolds and an oil pan. Super handy to have around
trevlaw17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in