Pirate 4x4 banner

show your hand made tools

2M views 771 replies 286 participants last post by  ZAG 
#1 ·
Me 1st:D

ok I needed a hand reamer
mine was too long and shaft a tad to big in diameter to fit a tap t handle.
So 1st I cut it in half, try bandsaw knowing it will dull the blade.........doh! wipped off all the teeth:flipoff2:
4" cutoff wheel, 5 seconds done:smokin:

then I fire up the 135 hobart that been unused last 4 months,tack on an old 1/2 bolt that I had turned the hex head off with my lathe for another project.
! bam done:)

works perfect to ream out the last 5 thou

Attachments

See less See more
#740 ·
ogre has been a member of john's homemadetools site for as long as i have here
it's another useful tool site like this one (i only post in the tools and electrical threads)
linking to other sites is what the internet is about, don't want your stuff linked, don't post on the internet

#744 ·
I may be completely off, but I don't think that Varsol that is sold today, is the same Varsol that was sold in the late 80's and early 90's. My friend has Varsol in his parts washer. I scrub the piss out of parts and they won't come clean of caked on grease. Back when I was a mechanic, in the early 90's, our Varsol just running over caked on grease would flush right off with little scrubbing.

#755 ·
Here, maybe this can help it get back on track...

Back when I was coping a bunch of drill stem to build bale feeders out of I printed off a template from here:

https://www.blocklayer.com/pipe-notchingeng.aspx

Transferred it to some flashing material and cut it out, then rolled it up and spot welded it with my little HF spot welder to make a sheet metal tube notching template...

Worked pretty well!

Wood Muffler Pipe Wood stain Hardwood

Pipe Steel casing pipe Metal Steel Roof

Also, maybe not a tool in the standard definition of the word, but I built this grain hopper out of a 200 gallon transfer tank that I got for $50 cause it was ballooned up from someone using air pressure on it to pressurize engine oil out.

I made the bottom the top, and cut the top open and scored and folded it to make the hopper part. Had to add some triangle pieces to the sides to make it the right shape. Then put the front on it, patched up some holes that were fill/draw necks, and built the sight glass and door/handle. Since these pics were taken I have cleaned it up and painted it a nice shiny white. Letting it dry for a few days before I try it out. Previously we had been grinding corn into barrels with lids, but they would let rain water in from time to time spoiling some of the ground corn. This should be completely water tight and be easier to get the corn out of. We don't go through a whole lot of corn, mainly for my chickens, and if we have a beef that we are fattening up to butcher... The rest of our cows get to graze/eat hay. No corn for them!

Product Automotive wheel system Machine Wheel Metal

Furniture Iron Metal Vehicle

Table Metal

#771 · (Edited)
So, umm... Have you ever made anything that wasn't awesome?

Did you come up with that design?
Will it work on little wheels as well, like bias ply small trailer wheels? I just did two of them today, used my vise to break the beads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.