RZR Reincarnation - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Side by Sides

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2015, 08:26 AM   #51 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 96153
This year we are not racing but a buddy I'm helping out will be doing the Back Door Challenge....So I will be helping with that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Offroad Design ♦ Atomic MC ♦ Jantz Engineering
K5runner@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2016, 07:17 AM   #52 (permalink)

Member # 62553
Send a message via Yahoo to jwbures
Nice work on that RZR. I'm doing quite a bit to my '15 XP1k and have taken a few notes.
jwbures is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2016, 07:34 PM   #53 (permalink)
Fab Junky

Member # 147257
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbures View Post
Nice work on that RZR. I'm doing quite a bit to my '15 XP1k and have taken a few notes.
If you have any questions let me know. I am about to build a new stretch chassis for mine with some suspension changes and then sell off the old chassis and bodywork once I move the parts over. Stay tuned
bark beetle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2016, 10:24 AM   #54 (permalink)

Member # 62553
Send a message via Yahoo to jwbures
Lets talk mufflers...

I was hoping to hear good things about the Supertrapp as I have no experience with them. But you imply its a bit too loud?

I need to shed some weight, a lot of weight as my cagework, bed, bumpers have gotten to be more than I expected. And, some performance gains would be nice. But, I don't want to increase the sound level by too much more than the stock muffler. What are your thoughts on that flowmaster regarding the above?

Also, why did you choose to take your Supertrapp back to bending around the rear of the frame instead of pointing rearward as you first had it? With the addition of cage/bed to the rear of my RZR I'm considering a muffler that runs inline with the header straight out the back so I may use the area where the factory muffler once was for cargo/storage.

Made any progress on the stretch chassis?
jwbures is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2016, 08:30 PM   #55 (permalink)

Member # 177092
I just stumbled across this thread by accident and realized that you are a friend of mine's next door neighbor, small world I guess.

Cool RZR build, I'll have to send a link to my cousin. He has the RZR sickness too...
'84 Bronco II is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2016, 06:16 PM   #56 (permalink)
Fab Junky

Member # 147257
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbures View Post
Lets talk mufflers...

I was hoping to hear good things about the Supertrapp as I have no experience with them. But you imply its a bit too loud?

I need to shed some weight, a lot of weight as my cagework, bed, bumpers have gotten to be more than I expected. And, some performance gains would be nice. But, I don't want to increase the sound level by too much more than the stock muffler. What are your thoughts on that flowmaster regarding the above?

Also, why did you choose to take your Supertrapp back to bending around the rear of the frame instead of pointing rearward as you first had it? With the addition of cage/bed to the rear of my RZR I'm considering a muffler that runs inline with the header straight out the back so I may use the area where the factory muffler once was for cargo/storage.

Made any progress on the stretch chassis?
The supertrapp is good but it was too loud for me (2x stock by ear). The flowmaster is very close to the stock noise level but it has a slightly different sound. No weight savings with the flowmaster. Lots with the supertrapp but nothing compared to all the weight you have added. I changed course with the rear after I decided I didn't want any rear overhang so I had to turn the exhaust like stock. Straight back only works if you add at least a foot to the rear of the car.

No progress on a stretch yet. Still weighing options and one is to go super light weight single seater as the rest of the family has lost interest so it is back to me. Another option is trading for a Jeep. My cousin has one in the middle of a 5.3 swap that needs finishing and he likes the RZR and has driven it quite a bit. The current chassis is roll over proven from his last trip in it. 1-1/2 with no damage except a dent in the roof panel from a large rock. Stock cage and body would have been destroyed!

Last edited by bark beetle; 06-27-2016 at 06:17 PM.
Old 06-27-2016, 06:17 PM   #57 (permalink)
Fab Junky

Member # 147257
Quote:
Originally Posted by '84 Bronco II View Post
I just stumbled across this thread by accident and realized that you are a friend of mine's next door neighbor, small world I guess.

Cool RZR build, I'll have to send a link to my cousin. He has the RZR sickness too...
Crazy how that happens.
Old 10-29-2017, 08:16 AM   #58 (permalink)

Member # 136689
Any updates?
BigBob13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2017, 01:13 PM   #59 (permalink)
Fab Junky

Member # 147257
I just purchased SuperATV gen 2 portals for the build and I have a four seater chassis core loaded on the jig to start on the new car. It will be a 2 seater on the long wheelbase chassis with a full cab and heater so I can run year round comfortably. Lots more parts to acquire and with a truck that is operational again, I should make good progress this winter. I will start a new thread for that build in a little while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in