riding tellico soon. - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Southeast Regional Land Use
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2008, 10:06 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 78096
riding tellico soon.

I'm gonna be riding tellico june 6-8th. Are there any more trail closures or anything we should watch out for? The group I'm going with has been several times but this is my first trip.

Thx.
Jeep07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2008, 01:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 41137
Send a message via AIM to McCracken
not anymore closures but you will need spares
Old 05-27-2008, 03:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 67768
Tellico sucks now, took a yota on 33 and rode everything from 8-1:30
scrappy1982 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 08:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 78096
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCracken View Post
not anymore closures but you will need spares
I hope not but if so then great that means it will be difficult and entertaining.
Jeep07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2008, 08:31 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 41137
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappy1982 View Post
it had to have been dry
Old 05-28-2008, 03:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 92338
Quote:
So, I expect that since you think it sucks now, you'll be making a large donation to the Rescue Tellico fund to get the other trails reopened? I'll keep an eye out for your check. Put your money where you mouth is.

Last edited by k9crazy; 05-28-2008 at 03:17 PM.
k9crazy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2008, 03:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 30164
Quote:

Did you make a post in the Tellico Rally thread to help get the other trails reopened and save Tellico from more closures?
Have you donated any money or time to helping keep the trails at Tellico open?

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/SIZE][/CENTER]
BadAssXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2008, 03:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 67768
i would but it dont seem like it is doing any good. would be more than happy to give a check if it would open trails back up.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 92338
Quote:
i would but it dont seem like it is doing any good. would be more than happy to give a check if it would open trails back up.

Well, without money, we can't pay our legal bills. Without our Lawyers, we'll never win. Chicken and the egg my friend.

And FYI...we've officially filed suit against the Forest Service to get the trails reopened.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 41137
Quote:

I wrote about 10 responses to this statement and erased them because it all boils down to you should never breed and you should have your truck set on fire with your awesome, all conquering 33s

you're the most dangerous threat to our trail system. you think nothing applies to you and you can do whatever you want, right?

[mouth breather aka you] Why clean up, someone else will. I ain't gonna give no money, it's gonna close anyway. Hey watch me head off trail and cut a new line. Dang, they shoulda done somethin' about our trails closing down. pass me a beer. [/mouthbreather aka you]

Did you even pay the trail fees or does it matter to you? How the hell do you think trails stay open? It takes money and you know what, we've been waiting for your donation to solve all our worries. Why haven't you donated yet? You're the key to it all!!! No one else matters except you. You selfish piece of shit. How about get on board and start taking action rather than sitting back and watching everyone fight for something you take for granted.

Sorry for the rant but this is beyond ridiculous to post this here and now.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:15 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 67768
For ur info i have payed all my damn fees, and carry a trash bag around on my rig all day to pick up trash on the trail. As far as what i said it was a comment throwed at the forest service. As far as cutting off the trails, i have been going there ten years and never been off the trail. I know it takes money but, i dont have the extra money to try to fight the much more powerful forest service. Sorry to make anybody mad but that is my opinion. And who gives u the damn right to say somebodys truck should be set on fire. I think u need to take ur own advice.

Last edited by scrappy1982; 05-30-2008 at 07:16 PM.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:04 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 41137
stud, i do take my own advice. i've tried my best to be active in helping. I've designed stickers, bought shirts, bought stickers, given money, attended trail clean ups, attended fund rasing events and hosted an online rally.

I'm still at the point where I can't afford every trip to Tellico. I won't make the one in June because I can't afford the diesel. I still try and do my part though. You may think Tellico sucks now and if you feel that way then you've missed something along the way. 3 trails didn't make the place what it is. Granted we need them back and don't mistake my saying that as saying we don't need them.

If you pay your trail fees and stay on the trails, good. I apologize for saying you didn't but this attitude of "what does it matter?" flys all over me. People are out there trying to preserve one of the best places on the east coast we have left and yet people are still sitting there waiting for others to do the work so they can reap the benefits. You don't have to be a millionaire to help out.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:41 AM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 67768
Even though it is not as good as it used to be, u have to admit they closed the most popular trails. Give me some info on the rally i will do what i can to help. I am from sylva nc, we have a nice place to ride in cherokee, private land. 5-6 hard trails alot of big rocks. let me know anybody is welcome to come anytime.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:58 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 114794
Just rode last weekend and trails were good. Only new closure I saw was where slick rock and 8 meet, they have close trail 8 at that section all the way to trail 10. Sign said it was unsafe. had some caution line up but it was half ripped down. I am frustrated about the closures and to add insult to injury for tellico some clown posted up a youtube video of him clearly going off trail and screwing up a newly planted and worked sediment pool. I had my group from georgia trail riders post up and he eventually removed the video. We sent the video to the forestry service as well. I really hope they nail this guy and show that we as a group care about our trails and want to protect them from the clowns out there. So other than slickrock, peckerwood, 8 and I believe upper 2, all is open. I will say Schoolbus is a blast now! Has been getting rutted up with the extra travel now! Fun!
krawler00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in