Remember Tellico Pic Thread - Page 5 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Southeast Regional Land Use
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2013, 12:36 PM   #101 (permalink)

Member # 62908
Yes Sir!!!!
Old 10-22-2013, 02:02 PM   #102 (permalink)

Member # 43067
Thumbs up The memories!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!! The memories, the friends, the views and times in town. I miss TELLICO very much but i am glad i spent 8 years going to events up there. I went 19 times in those years and was able to do some trails in my brand new 03 rubicon. That was my dream come true and bucketlist item so i can say i did it. Then I went to MOAB and did "LIONS BACK" 2 times before they shut that down for good too.

I would have paid $5 a gallon to be able to fill up my rig at that little mart and go 40 times in those years if i knew what would happen to that place.

Funny thing. In my 19 times there i NEVER saw more than a handful of yokle locals fishing in that stream. And no one around that hatchery place. Never saw a single person catch anything or spend $1 at the green cove lodge or mini mart.

I have wonderful memories from Tellico. I will have to find a way to post up pics i have from there soon. There were no SD cards back when i took pics. I had to go home and have 5 rools of film developed. LOL!!!!

This is why its SOOOOOOOOOOO important to support travel show up and wheel and make memoreies as fast and often as you can. You only live once and life is short and things dont last!!! Seize it while you can!!
HOWEVER, if the ponies are not there in the 1st place,then you'll never have it when you need it. I'd prefer to have it & make an odd mistake here & there,than to not have it & really need it.-Dustin Webster:dustin:

Can anybody really beat Shannon Campbell if his car holds together?-771indy

Last edited by PILLSBURY; 10-22-2013 at 02:02 PM.
PILLSBURY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2013, 04:38 AM   #103 (permalink)

Member # 36943
Send a message via AIM to Skerb
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCracken View Post
Me and some buddies were reminiscing this past weekend about Tellico. Something that was always present but most forget to mention was that this place was in BFE. If you broke you better have your shit squared away. Extra parts, extra fluid, spare tires, spare everything. I once spent the night on top of that mountain because of my dumbassery. If you broke you were walking miles down the mountain and then a few more miles to get to a town unless you had people with you.

It wasn't just the trails but it was a test to see if you could make it in the woods. I remember at one point in life that if someone was sitting on the side of the trail everyone would stop and ask if they were OK and if they needed something. Nowadays most places can be readily accessed by gravel roads or bypasses and if you shit the bed you can still make it out with relative ease. Handing a man a extra u-joint or axle shaft on the trail meant saving the guy his whole weekend.

It was a different place with a different attitude. Tellico wasn't just a place to wheel it was a place to get the dumbass out of your system and train yourself on how to make it without a trailer 100 yds away.

OK, my nostalgic moment is over

Amen
Attached Images

Skerb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #104 (permalink)

Member # 125646
Quote:
Me and some buddies were reminiscing this past weekend about Tellico. Something that was always present but most forget to mention was that this place was in BFE. If you broke you better have your shit squared away. Extra parts, extra fluid, spare tires, spare everything. I once spent the night on top of that mountain because of my dumbassery. If you broke you were walking miles down the mountain and then a few more miles to get to a town unless you had people with you.

It wasn't just the trails but it was a test to see if you could make it in the woods. I remember at one point in life that if someone was sitting on the side of the trail everyone would stop and ask if they were OK and if they needed something. Nowadays most places can be readily accessed by gravel roads or bypasses and if you shit the bed you can still make it out with relative ease. Handing a man a extra u-joint or axle shaft on the trail meant saving the guy his whole weekend.

It was a different place with a different attitude. Tellico wasn't just a place to wheel it was a place to get the dumbass out of your system and train yourself on how to make it without a trailer 100 yds away.

OK, my nostalgic moment is over
X100,000. This^ is what made trying the hardest stuff really intimidating but once you made it you owned the woods (for a short time) until you got humbled again..
usethis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #105 (permalink)

Member # 86724
Tellico, the reason there's a compass installed in the Jeep.

you only make the mistake of getting lost once.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:34 PM   #106 (permalink)

Member # 125646
Name:  2-27-2006-04.jpg
Views: 904
Size:  129.9 KB

Name:  2-27-2006-06[1].jpg
Views: 931
Size:  112.2 KB

Thanks lower 2. I didn't need oil in there anyway.

Name:  2-27-2006-02.jpg
Views: 910
Size:  92.7 KB

Last edited by usethis; 02-10-2014 at 01:35 PM.
usethis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2014, 10:59 AM   #107 (permalink)

Member # 98785

RatfinkFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2014, 07:56 AM   #108 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 31621
Send a message via AIM to vetteboy79
Quote:
Handing a man a extra u-joint or axle shaft on the trail meant saving the guy his whole weekend.
I know it's an old post...but I did that. Had a 1310 joint on board that I gave to a guy busted on the side of whatever trail it was that headed up towards Slickrock, and ended up trading contact info and he signed up on our regular forum at the time and I still keep in touch with the dude 10 years later. While he was fixing his junk we helped get some gigantic military Dodge thing with manual steering down the same trail...I remember we had everybody from our group that would fit hanging off the damn steering wheel trying to get around some of the corners.

I drove down 800 miles for that trip with a knowingly broken transfer case, because one of the other guys I was meeting there had a part that I needed, and I pulled the damn case out and rebuilt it by the campfire at Crawfords so I could go wheeling the rest of the time. Drove down on 30" all-terrains with a little utility trailer hauling my 33" TSLs, cooler, and toolbox.

Dammit...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Flying Pig Racing #512
vetteboy79 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2014, 12:34 PM   #109 (permalink)

Member # 86724
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteboy79 View Post
I drove down 800 miles for that trip with a knowingly broken transfer case, because one of the other guys I was meeting there had a part that I needed, and I pulled the damn case out and rebuilt it by the campfire at Crawfords so I could go wheeling the rest of the time. Drove down on 30" all-terrains with a little utility trailer hauling my 33" TSLs, cooler, and toolbox.

Dammit...
My first time in a transfer case was frankensteining a 242 back together using grand cherokee parts, since that's all that was available in the area on a saturday, and my brother was driving it home the next day. Making memories with a transfer case taken apart on a picnic table.

I had driven down there on 31" street tires with 34x9.5 TSLs in the bed for the weekend. I had to pound the bed rails back down flat to get the fiberglass topper back on for the return trip.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:49 PM   #110 (permalink)

Member # 463394
You guys the pics were awesome,i too was a hard Tellico junky living right here in murphy.If you can see some of my other post about the new durahmtown Tellico, it is as close as we will ever get to the original Tellico.I am trying to get more people going to this new park before it goes belly up from lack of Support.Just keep in mind the best way to shove back at the USFS is to go wheeling on the same watersheds and headwaters they vowed to keep us locked out of!!!!GIVE ME A HELL YA
mauney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2014, 05:14 PM   #111 (permalink)

Member # 420338
Im only 16 and never had chance to go down to tellico, however my dad has gone multiple times with our Jeep club and we have boxes upon boxes of vcr tapes and pictures of tellico. Its really a shame that I never got to see it, I'll never get to go on Lion's Back either, my parents and my siblings have done it 3 times.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in