Help please, share, repost, whatever you can do!! - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > Stolen Vehicles/Parts
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 186504
Help please, share, repost, whatever you can do!!

So here's the story,

Last fall I decided to trade my 2005 3500 Cummins and get something more suitable to export to Ecuador where I planned on moving. After many offers I picked a suitable vehicle which was a 2012 VW Tiguan as it met the criteria I needed to import it down there. Long story short the import didn't happen due to import fees down there and a delay in my Ecuadorian papers getting done. I came back to Canada and began the process to sell the Tiguan but wanted to make a repair to some plastic underneath from hitting a shed retread, when looking up the parts I found out that the serial number did not match anything VW ever produced. I found another VIN on the car and it did not match the windshield VIN or any of the paperwork the guy supplied to me including the Carproof. No I'm feeling like an idiot for contacting the RCMP because they seized the VW and went to arrest this guy but the address he has on his Alberta license never was his address. Now I have no wheels or leads to find this guy, I'm hoping you guys can keep an eye out for this truck and let me know if you see it, it is a pretty unique looking truck and can be easily spotted as it was when I sold it.

Truck is a 2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins quadcab, dark grey charcoal color. 4.5" Fabtech lift, FASS system, box is Line-X'd and I had done the front end swap to the 07 style and the fenders were still painted black and the grill is black with out a Dodge emblem. It had KMC Rockstars with Dick Cepek or Mickey Thomson 35's on it. I built custom front and rear bumpers for it and they are painted semi gloss black, the rear bumper has a integrated rear bumper hitch and I cut the stock one off. There was no running boards on it but the brackets were still there.

Thanks for reading and passing this along, maybe post links on other forums that you belong to. I will offer a reward for info that helps with the return of the truck even info on the whereabouts of this mofo. I can offer cash or perhaps a nice set of bumpers built to your liking

Also if anyone in the community would be able to help with the location of this fellow I would be eternally grateful, PI style. I am hoping if he swapped the VIN that he registered a like vehicle in the same time frame in another province. I have kind of resigned to the fact that I won't find this fellow but I would sure like to find my truck and hope the guy he scammed on that end has a little more info on the guy and we can piece it together as to his whereabouts.

Here's some pics of the bumpers and the front end, the rest is pretty common. Also threw in a pic of the engine as it had some TLC put in to it.

h0tr0d18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 186504
The original deal happened in October 2012 in Fort McMurray Alberta, the guy had addresses in Victoria, Red Deer and Fort McMurray. His name is Steven Pickering and passed himself off as a South African but sounded more brit than anything to me, probably mid 40's with short reddish or dirty blonde hair. Professional looking guy.
h0tr0d18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in