Pirate 4x4 banner

STOLEN - '94 Dodge Dakota Sport, San Diego

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Daisyville 
#1 ·
First, I'm so grateful for this board and so sorry to see how many are affected by theft.

Here's my deal: I'm on a war path ready to scalp a mother-fawker...

10 DAYS after My son's 1994 Black Dodge Dakota Sport was serviced at a local AAMCO (Morena Blvd in Bay Park) it was stolen on February 1st or 2nd from his home near University of San Diego/Linda Vista area in San Diego. His father, now deceased, left it to him before he passed away. He got it at 15 and it was his pride and joy and had untold sentimental value. He swore to keep it until he had sons and planned to restore it to factory with them.

License plate # 6D91603. No front plate, tags expired 12/06. It needed a smog and he had it parked off-street while he was saving for the repairs.

The original paint was maroon and in 2005, we got it painted black. The cheap paint job means it was already chipping and peeling in some parts, maroon showing through. He had a large white Guam decal in the middle of the rear windshield. The side rear-seat wing windows were tinted. It had a tailgate with no Dodge logo. The lug nut covers were silver "bowl-style" (i don't know what they are really called, but if you pop them off, they look like a bowl) with a Ram logo in the center.

The front passenger side headlight & reflector had some damage and the plastic apron underneath the front end was kind of hanging and the rear bumper was tweaked a little. (c'mon, he's a 19 BOY!)

It had an extended cab (backseat). Grey cloth interior with wood trim dash. He had a couple thousand dollars in the audio system. Nothng was power, no power locks or windows.

Hanging from his rear view mirror was a kukui bead necklace blessed by a spiritual guide in Maui in memory of his father. Did I mention there was sentimental value???

No security system. Just a boy's first vehicle/truck. Any help is appreciated beyond the telling. Good luck to everyone else out there.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thank you so much. It means a lot that someone gives a rat's ass and is willing to help. I call SDPD everyday and spoke to a seargent in the auto theft division. With roughly 13,000 cars per year stolen in San Diego, they don't investigate a single incident. There's no consequences for these bat rastards.

I posted flyers at my company, called in to local radio stations and plan on hitting TJ this weekend. I'm not giving up.

I don't know if I can P/M since I'm not a red star member. my e is ginayes at aol.

Thanks J.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.