Faux 2, my try at a zuk based SXS - Page 4 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Suzuki
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2016, 01:09 PM   #76 (permalink)

Member # 63087
Send a message via AIM to AttemptingTJ
Fucking awesome. I love this. My buddy just picked up a 2002 4 door tracker. I gave him my old beat 33x10.5 tsl's and we plan on having some fun!!
Old 03-21-2016, 03:02 PM   #77 (permalink)

Member # 21320
Rad deal. Looks like fun
Old 06-04-2016, 11:29 AM   #78 (permalink)

Member # 1176
cool project..

any updates
Old 06-04-2016, 11:39 AM   #79 (permalink)

Member # 94747
The 4.24:1 t-case gears are sitting on the bench in the garage and the sliders are leaning up against the wall. I have been off racing every days off for the last couple of months so haven't had time to work on it. We took it to the Metal Cloak Stampede in the race trailer. Put about 300 miles on it and got 26 miles to the gallon. It trail rides pretty well as is but I want the crawl gears in it.
[COLOR="Red"]MUDDNUTT racing #4531[/COLOR],[COLOR="Cyan"] Falken Tire[/COLOR], [COLOR="Yellow"]ADS[/COLOR], Jimmys4x4,[COLOR="Red"] RuffStuff Specialties[/COLOR], [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ARB usa[/COLOR], [COLOR="Wheat"]Savvy offroad[/COLOR], [COLOR="Silver"]Raceline wheels[/COLOR], John Rants
jr4x is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2016, 03:38 PM   #80 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 24741
Send a message via AIM to Kraqa Send a message via MSN to Kraqa
BTT

Toyo Tires Offroad Race Team | EMF Rod Ends | Mulitia Muffler | VancouverWaterjet.com | RCV Performance Shafts | Redwood Plastics & Rubber

Instagram & Twitter: @Kraqa
Kraqa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2016, 01:48 PM   #81 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 4979
Any updates? I've got about the same 4 door.
97 Jeep TJ - Work in Progress, Street/Trail
98 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Family wheeler
05 F150 - Tow rig
98 Tahoe - Backup Tow Rig/DD
mrstang01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2016, 11:51 AM   #82 (permalink)

Member # 94747
Hadn't seen the last two posts. I don't know what kind of update anyone is looking for. I use the shit out of mine and love it. It pre-ran a whole 41 mile Ultra4/VORRA @ Fallon 250, its in the race trailer ready to go right now for a pit vehicle at the Ultra4 Reno finals in 2 weeks. I have since helped build another one for a friend because he liked mine so much.

I have no regrets of the way I built it. I will buy new UTV tires when these are smoked. Even though they suck to install I consider the EDSES a mandatory upgrade and will never consider running struts ever again. Spool rear and trailtough locker up front are not even noticeable. These pictures it didn't have the winch installed but its on now and this thing just brought home a bull elk out of the middle of no where Wyoming.

[COLOR="Red"]MUDDNUTT racing #4531[/COLOR],[COLOR="Cyan"] Falken Tire[/COLOR], [COLOR="Yellow"]ADS[/COLOR], Jimmys4x4,[COLOR="Red"] RuffStuff Specialties[/COLOR], [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ARB usa[/COLOR], [COLOR="Wheat"]Savvy offroad[/COLOR], [COLOR="Silver"]Raceline wheels[/COLOR], John Rants

Last edited by jr4x; 10-10-2016 at 12:45 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:48 AM   #83 (permalink)

Member # 83301
What size spacers did it take to run the 30" atv tires?
Old 11-16-2017, 07:28 AM   #84 (permalink)

Member # 94747
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsylvaniaboy View Post
What size spacers did it take to run the 30" atv tires?
2" minimum up front . Didn't need any in the rear but I put 1 1/4" back there so the track width's weren't way different. On the red one he just ordered cheap black wheels with only 2" back spacing and no spacers were needed.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:38 AM   #85 (permalink)

Member # 83301
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr4x View Post
2" minimum up front . Didn't need any in the rear but I put 1 1/4" back there so the track width's weren't way different. On the red one he just ordered cheap black wheels with only 2" back spacing and no spacers were needed.
Is this to clear suspension or body? If it had no body would it need spacers?
Old 11-16-2017, 07:41 AM   #86 (permalink)

Member # 94747
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsylvaniaboy View Post
Is this to clear suspension or body? If it had no body would it need spacers?
Required to clear suspension. The tires hit the upper A-arm where it's attached to the uniball on the new upright for the EDSES. It didn't need wheel spacers when it still had struts up front.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:33 AM   #87 (permalink)

Member # 94747
Bump for a couple pictures. Took this thing on a pretty gnarly little trail about 2 weeks ago with some friends. Even the JK/R'ss on 35's had to pick lines and hit stuff several times. I can fit this thing through most problem spots. Had a good day with no real problems. These pics were screwing around in the parking lot waiting for everyone to show up. It's loaded in the trailer and we are headed to King of the Hammers with it tonight. If you see it around it's being driven by Mike Boyle of MRB photography out taking shots for pic packages.

Old 04-03-2018, 03:46 PM   #88 (permalink)

Member # 189068
Great thread going to pass this too a friend he just picked up a 96 tracker and we don't know much about them he paid $1000 has under 100k on it He's going to run trails here in Michigan and bomb around in the dunes at silver lake should be good times
zachwrench is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2019, 10:23 PM   #89 (permalink)

Member # 25632
How did you like the gearing in the 2 door?

Picking up an 8v/auto 2 door with similar plans, trying to figure out gearing. It's 4x4 so one option is just throw in the 4.24s, but I'm worried about high range sucking.

Ideally, it do a doubler with 4.xx gears, but I'm not confident in sending money to a guy who has no website. Or the welded coupler.
YotaAtieToo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2019, 08:09 AM   #90 (permalink)

Member # 94747
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaAtieToo View Post
How did you like the gearing in the 2 door?

Picking up an 8v/auto 2 door with similar plans, trying to figure out gearing. It's 4x4 so one option is just throw in the 4.24s, but I'm worried about high range sucking.

Ideally, it do a doubler with 4.xx gears, but I'm not confident in sending money to a guy who has no website. Or the welded coupler.
Sorry for the late reply, I just saw this. I am no fan of the 8V's. But for the little power it had the 4.9 case and 5.13 diff gears were perfect for 30's. Even with no overdrive power was the limiting factor of vehicle speed, not gearing.

Honestly I wish I could put the 4.9 case in the 4 door. I'd like to try 4.30 diff gears and the 4.9 case in the 16V 4 door rig. The lower high range would be just right and the lower low than the 4.24's I think would be just right. But as is it works pretty well. I need to get back to work on this thing. I have some trips planned for it this summer and I'm ready to figure out a better spring and shock package.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:54 PM   #91 (permalink)

Member # 56831
Send a message via AIM to paradisePWoffrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr4x View Post
Sorry for the late reply, I just saw this. I am no fan of the 8V's. But for the little power it had the 4.9 case and 5.13 diff gears were perfect for 30's. Even with no overdrive power was the limiting factor of vehicle speed, not gearing.

Honestly I wish I could put the 4.9 case in the 4 door. I'd like to try 4.30 diff gears and the 4.9 case in the 16V 4 door rig. The lower high range would be just right and the lower low than the 4.24's I think would be just right. But as is it works pretty well. I need to get back to work on this thing. I have some trips planned for it this summer and I'm ready to figure out a better spring and shock package.
What do you think about using a 2.0 coilover with the edses? Guessing it would probly be a 8-12" travel?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2019, 08:25 AM   #92 (permalink)

Member # 94747
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradisePWoffrd View Post
What do you think about using a 2.0 coilover with the edses? Guessing it would probly be a 8-12" travel?
That is and was my plan. But it's going to take some clever fab work to make them fit in there. Look close at these pictures of the calmini setup.On these cheapo twin tube shocks the body is on the bottom and the shaft upward. At ride height the shaft is way off center in the opening. As the suspension compresses the shock body centers up as it enters the opening in the shock tower. At full droop the shock shaft almost touches the inside of that opening on the engine side.

If you run 2.0 shocks the body of the shock will get jammed into that opening at ride height and full droop because single tube shocks run with the body up and the shaft down. There isn't enough meat around the hole to just open it up. The top of the shock tower is going to have to be completely removed and rebuilt to accommodate the shock body since it will occupy that space all the time. I think it's getting about 10" of travel currently.

Last edited by jr4x; 03-16-2019 at 08:27 AM.
Old 03-16-2019, 04:05 PM   #93 (permalink)

Member # 25632
I remember reading a thread where a guy was using 2.0 remote reservoir shocks with the tube down. It really shouldn't matter since the piston in the reservoir separates the oil and nitro. Now on an emulsion shock, I can see it not working well upside-down. But who would buy 2.0 emulsion smooth bodies

Also, is that last pic full stuff? If so, you could lower the mounting position and run the right length shock to help with the issue.

Last edited by YotaAtieToo; 03-16-2019 at 04:07 PM.
YotaAtieToo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2019, 08:46 AM   #94 (permalink)

Member # 56831
Send a message via AIM to paradisePWoffrd
I figured the tower would have to be removed to allow for the longer shock/coilover.

Is there enough room to move the shock mount inward on the upper arm? Or move the top mount outward, to help minimize that motion so much?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in