Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum (https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/index.php)
-   Suzuki (https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Some kind of wannabe sxs build (side by sidekick?) (https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2676146)

YotaAtieToo 10-31-2019 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paradisePWoffrd (Post 44667956)
I think the Montero or Volvo trans might be your answer.

Here is a link where someone build an adapter to put a 23spline toyota case behind the volvo trans: https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/suzu...ml#post8978532

I would think it could be adapted for the Montero trans as well, maybe easier.

I have thought about making a track kick to Toyota case adapter. It really wouldn't be terribly hard, time is the biggest issue for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86chevyjoe (Post 44667990)
You know my previous set up on my Jeep.

my opinion, put 60s w/ 40" tires under it! Try out the 6.5:1 gears and see how you like it. if you decide you don't like it, sell me the Toyota underdrive case and adapter (I'm serious, I will buy it) and put a tracker/vitara hydraulic 5 speed behind your 2.0L w/ tracker/vitara underdrive and your 4.7:1 Toyota case behind that.

I think a 5 speed trans is mandatory behind a 4 banger unless your only rock crawling, but you may like the 3 speed/6.5:1/7/17 combo :smokin:

I know you've said before you're skeptical of Keith's zuk/Toyota and zuk/D300 doublers, but I and many other guys can assure you he builds a legit product that works great. if you were on Facebook you could see for yourself lol.

I may just try the auto and 6.xx gears and see how it works. The zuk 5spd I have is blown up and finding another one is probably next to impossible. That and unsupported welded coupler just doesn't sit well with me. I'd much rather just go to a Toyota trans and tcases.

Not to mention the Toyota first gear is lower (3.65 vs 3.95) and the tcase is also lower (1.8 vs 2.28) which doesn't sound like much until you multiply it out and get 221:1 vs 303:1.

I do agree that the 5spd is probably better with a 4cyl though.

2big bronco 11-01-2019 01:19 AM

Random thought while I'm here at work in the middle of the night....

You mentioned no speedo with the samurai case.... does the 2.0 pull the signal for the timing advance from the speedometer similar to the 1.6?

YotaAtieToo 11-01-2019 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2big bronco (Post 44668900)
Random thought while I'm here at work in the middle of the night....

You mentioned no speedo with the samurai case.... does the 2.0 pull the signal for the timing advance from the speedometer similar to the 1.6?

I'm not sure, I was told I didn't need a speedo, can't remember where though

2big bronco 11-01-2019 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YotaAtieToo (Post 44668958)
I'm not sure, I was told I didn't need a speedo, can't remember where though

It was just a random thought when you mentioned it still being sluggish with the new case. I figure you may be geared slightly lower then me and mine feels like it gets it pretty good off the line. I also got a noticable bump in power with the new timing chain. The guids were almost non existant and the chain was way stretched.

Oh and buy my diesel yota. :flipoff2:

YotaAtieToo 11-01-2019 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2big bronco (Post 44668982)
It was just a random thought when you mentioned it still being sluggish with the new case. I figure you may be geared slightly lower then me and mine feels like it gets it pretty good off the line. I also got a noticable bump in power with the new timing chain. The guids were almost non existant and the chain was way stretched.

Oh and buy my diesel yota. :flipoff2:

I don't think it's sluggish, just not great for hardcore crawling. well actually, crawling isn't bad, but when you stab it to bump up something it just doesn't want to go as good as I'd like. there was also a few time it would just stall against the converter when somewhat bound.to be fair, the exhaust was smashed quickly and I never got under there to look at how bad it was.

Did you get some books in the mail? I just want to make sure I have the right address before I send out that ecu. I went to 3 places trying to get flat rate boxes. Apparently you need power to let people grab boxes off of a shelf :rolleyes:

904_runner 11-01-2019 02:26 PM

You didnít post any pictures from Fordyce! :flipoff2:

2big bronco 11-28-2019 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 904_runner (Post 44669770)
You didnít post any pictures from Fordyce! :flipoff2:

I dont think it ever happened