Why A sami over a jeep? - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Suzuki
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2007, 07:06 PM   #26 (permalink)

Member # 47820
That was awesome!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 RROCK....Dates
May 19th 2012
June 1st 2012 (WeRock Weekend too!)
June 30th 2012
September 8th 2012 (Sherock and Brad Marion Memorial RROCK Championship)
2011 W.E.ROCK Hannibal 1st Place
2011 W.E.ROCK Attica 1st Place
2011 RROCK 2nd Place
OFFLIMITS4WD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2007, 07:14 PM   #27 (permalink)

Member # 41373
the lighter the better !
yann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2007, 08:13 PM   #28 (permalink)

Member # 19733
Quote:
Originally Posted by yann View Post
the lighter the better !

Bingo. That is why I wheel a zuk.
*Its easier on the haul vehicle
*working on it is easier cause the parts are lighter
*2 guys can flip it back on its wheels
*1/2 ton parts are like 1 ton parts behind a 4 banger (cheaper!)
*they are narrower and fit through the trail better.

You dont know if your wrong till your upside-down.
rpm4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2007, 08:58 PM   #29 (permalink)

Member # 66388
What the hell is a Jeep?

Something about a vehicle that uses lighting from the truck stop, and the scrap parts left over from the other car companies to make a vehicle turns me off. Oh wait my Samurai bumpers have truck stop lights, and I have Jeep flares on it, never mind.

Last edited by Marshall-88Zuk; 07-16-2007 at 09:00 PM.
Marshall-88Zuk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2007, 09:00 PM   #30 (permalink)

Member # 76617
Their just way cool! I got mine for free 86 tintop bone stock with 50k
on the odo it,s a little taller a little wider and a lot of fun I,ll never get
rid of it
benttoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2007, 10:49 PM   #31 (permalink)

Member # 38100
Send a message via Skype™ to Reflexx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall-88Zuk View Post
What the hell is a Jeep?

Something about a vehicle that uses lighting from the truck stop, and the scrap parts left over from the other car companies to make a vehicle turns me off. Oh wait my Samurai bumpers have truck stop lights, and I have Jeep flares on it, never mind.
I was going to say something like that, but you beat me to it!

Get whatcha like. I like Samurais because they are small and can go places others cant fit. But with 33" tires and lift, the samurai is not so small.

Since I like small 4x4s sooooo much that I just picked up an EVEN SMALLER samurai!

Meet LJ10 (state of the art 1972, 1972, 2 stroke, 350cc, air cooled twin fury!!!!) you want original? get one of these, put samurai motor and other pieces under it and you've got one capable little package!

AND IT FITS IN THE BED OF A PICKUP!
Attached Images

Last edited by Reflexx; 07-16-2007 at 10:50 PM.
Reflexx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2007, 09:23 AM   #32 (permalink)
ZUK Herder

Member # 28426
lj's make me horny

"It's my belief that someone with a Samurai ran over a Gypsy's dog or something years ago, and he laid a curse on the whole lot."
-UZI 9mm
supazuk94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2007, 07:24 PM   #33 (permalink)

Member # 66388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflexx View Post

Get whatcha like. I like Samurais because they are small and can go places others cant fit. But with 33" tires and lift, the samurai is not so small.

Since I like small 4x4s sooooo much that I just picked up an EVEN SMALLER samurai!

Meet LJ10 (state of the art 1972, 1972, 2 stroke, 350cc, air cooled twin fury!!!!) you want original? get one of these, put samurai motor and other pieces under it and you've got one capable little package!

LJs rock! That looks like its in good shape too. Any LJs I see around here are badly rotted out.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:31 PM   #34 (permalink)

Member # 76617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflexx View Post

I saw one of those in randsberg Calif nobody was around to ask about it tho
benttoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2007, 01:46 AM   #35 (permalink)

Member # 63225
money!
TeenyCAR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2007, 09:18 AM   #36 (permalink)

Member # 22850
My boss is totally into Jeeps and I have found these addages to be true and he agrees with me.

J-just
E-empty
E-each
P-pocket

Cause they make one for ..

J-just
E-each and
E-every
P-person
RngrDv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2007, 09:55 AM   #37 (permalink)

Member # 13333
Its a "cheap" thing. You wouldn't understand!
Positive Vibes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2007, 12:34 PM   #38 (permalink)

Member # 63225
I absolutely agree, but the resale value will always be much higher on a jeep (both vehicles being built similarly).
TeenyCAR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2007, 08:26 AM   #39 (permalink)

Member # 17024
Send a message via AIM to Trailduster79
paid 100 for mine, just needed to wire up a toggle switch and push button start and was driving it.

I have less than a grand in mine, and I have 32's, 6" of lift, 6.5:1 t-case gears, welded rear, and enough spare parts to build a second zuk if I need to. Oh, and in that price was a set of yota axles that are waiting to go in the zuk.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:06 AM   #40 (permalink)

Member # 94747
money $$$$$$

I have a heep flattie with 12k invested to make it capable. Wife has a sammurai for 6k that shows my flattie up some times. We now have two sammi's will have one for sale when finished. 88 rebuilt 1.3 4.12 t-case soa on 31 pro comp mts lock rites f/r. $2000? Works excellently. I have driven it through some of the hardest trails in moab (pritchet canyon) and made black bear pass in colorado look easy compared to familys jeeps. Sammi's have some week parts that need to upgraded once you have larger than 30 inch tires on them. Also my 53 cj3b is for sale so I can put the money into a sammy of my own. They are so easy to work on compared to my jeep and much more comfortable to drive for an ogre like myself.
jr4x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2007, 10:52 AM   #41 (permalink)

Member # 40846
One nice thing about sami's is that they are narrower and shorter. SO when the jeeps dig out the trails, the samis won't get stuck in the same ruts and /or holes. It's very nice.

Also

J apanese
E ngineering
E ventually
P revails
Zippy7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2007, 12:10 PM   #42 (permalink)

Member # 85771
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr4x View Post
I have a heep flattie with 12k invested to make it capable. Wife has a sammurai for 6k that shows my flattie up some times. We now have two sammi's will have one for sale when finished. 88 rebuilt 1.3 4.12 t-case soa on 31 pro comp mts lock rites f/r. $2000? Works excellently. I have driven it through some of the hardest trails in moab (pritchet canyon) and made black bear pass in colorado look easy compared to familys jeeps. Sammi's have some week parts that need to upgraded once you have larger than 30 inch tires on them. Also my 53 cj3b is for sale so I can put the money into a sammy of my own. They are so easy to work on compared to my jeep and much more comfortable to drive for an ogre like myself.
Okay you are comparing a 50+ year old Jeep to a Sammi They make great wheelers but you still have to put work into them like anything else.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:53 PM   #43 (permalink)

Member # 80641
ya samis are cheap, purchase cost of my jeep 1990 yj was $4500. Included a drivetrain with 95k miles, 6 new BFG mud terrain 33', detroit in the rear with the superior shafts. Arb in the front. Overall im happy with it. Just sucks that i had to spend another $3000 to get a fuel injection system put on it because the carb was unreliable. i still love my jeep, or as they are called here heep.
For both jeeps and sammis i think deals will always be out there, i got a dana 60 rear from a 77 f250 for $150 and a spooled, totally rebuilt with 0 miles on it dana 44 out of a chevy for $350. In the end dont we tend to run other trucks parts anyways? ive seen some nice samis but i love my Jeep, because shes all mine. to each there own.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:47 PM   #44 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 8540
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenyCAR View Post
I absolutely agree, but the resale value will always be much higher on a jeep (both vehicles being built similarly).
I agree that resale will be higher but so will the initial investment. I think that the resale for similarly modified vehicles will be proportional to the initial investment.
I had a 92 Sammi in High School and to this day I regret selling it. I didn’t know much back then. (35x16x15 Boggers on stock axles with 5.13) I sold it to buy a YJ because I thought it had stronger components. 8 years and approximately 10K later I wish I still had that little Samurai to play around in.
92YJ/2.5L/HD4:1D300/F&R D44/5:38/36 SX/99"WB

Nothing is stronger than stupid...

Last edited by B.A.R.K; 07-21-2007 at 02:48 PM.
B.A.R.K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2007, 03:46 PM   #45 (permalink)

Member # 85771
Before I answer this I have to tell you I am a die hard Jeep guy. First car, dad always had one, got 3 now, blah, blah blah....

The only reason I would choose a Sammi over a Jeep...is the people. Jsut like the Yota people (kind of) . They seem to be more educated and do things with a little more common sense. With the introduction of the TJ all the fawking retards came out of the woodwork. Then the Rubicon shows up and the real idiots make there presence known.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:00 PM   #46 (permalink)

Member # 38100
Send a message via Skype™ to Reflexx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ky scrambled View Post
The only reason I would choose a Sammi over a Jeep...is the people. Jsut like the Yota people (kind of) . They seem to be more educated and do things with a little more common sense. With the introduction of the TJ all the fawking retards came out of the woodwork. Then the Rubicon shows up and the real idiots make there presence known.
SO true. I was up at Big Bear (So.Cal) and I saw a lot of REALLY nice Rubicons, all decked out in the latest bolt ons and not a single scratch (in the paint or the tires). Just like the sandrail scene was runied by big dollar players, so will the 4x4 scene. We will have parking lots on the trails, because all you need is money and now you're a 4x4 expert.

The samurai guys are real, because they have to be. They can't drop 20 large on a "nice" rig. Granted, a lot of them are the cheapest bastards you'll ever meet. Like a homeless MacGyver with a fancy cardboard box!
Reflexx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2007, 12:05 AM   #47 (permalink)

Member # 40846
See...the thing is

Jeeps are like Samurais for fat people...
Zippy7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2007, 12:36 AM   #48 (permalink)

Member # 68973
lighter is better

sami-swift motors are about a100lbs ,powerglide's are about 90lbs,atlas 4-speeds are 120lbs[10.34 in low]...... 310lbs.. and 53 inches long. head swap makes a big difference in power, i'll soon have video or dyno run. sg-
flexedout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2007, 01:15 PM   #49 (permalink)

Member # 94747
Quote:
Originally Posted by ky scrambled View Post
Okay you are comparing a 50+ year old Jeep to a Sammi They make great wheelers but you still have to put work into them like anything else.
Yes its a 50+ year difference. What the hell does that have to do with anything. Better is better right? My point is this. Flattie wheel base 78", Sammy wheelbase 81". They are relatively the same shape and size. For the money you get more rig with a sammy than with a jeep. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE my jeep. Have had a jeep for 8 years, family had one my whole life. I just drove it through the rubicon for the first time. Did all the optional hard stuff in it except for the little sluice. No damage what so ever. I was the only one in the group to not touch a body panel on anything. I think that with a built sammy I could do the same thing just more comfortably.
jr4x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2007, 02:49 PM   #50 (permalink)

Member # 85771
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr4x
Yes its a 50+ year difference. What the hell does that have to do with anything. Better is better right?
No not right. Take a 50+ year old woman and a woman that is in her early 20's. Which one is going to take the most work before you can take her out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr4x
For the money you get more rig with a sammy than with a jeep.
You get lighter weight I will give you that. Are they all IFS? Are they all anemic 4cyls?

You can't talk about money anymore cause they are not that much cheaper if any...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in