Pirate 4x4 banner

Milwaukee Porta-band to Vertical Band Saw Mounting Plate

72K views 126 replies 50 participants last post by  twoslo4five0 
#1 · (Edited)
Convert your Dewalt or Milwaukee Porta-band to a vertical band saw in seconds.

Use in the shop, on the job site, or weld to a 2" receiver for maximum versatility.

Bolts on to existing foot guard mounting screws.

Laser cut from 1/4" steel and formed on a press break.

Fits deep throat Porta-bands only.

$39.99

http://www.swagoffroad.com/Porta_band_Product.html

[URL="http://www.swagoffroad.com/SWAG-Portaband-Tables-_c_35.html"]
Technology Electronic device Enclosure Metal

Tool Bandsaws Machine Power tool

Abrasive saw Miter saw Tool Mitre saws Saw

For anyone who purchases a Portaband mount from me they can also purchase a 120V maintained foot switch. I have used daily in the shop for the past 10 months with out any complaints.

Just released.

Bolt on Portaband miter gauge attachment.

Accepts the industry standard 3/4' x 3/8' miter gauge slide, and can be bolted on the right of left hand side of either Portaband table I sell.

Helps keep your strait cuts strait and your miter cuts repeatable & consistent.

If you purchased a Portaband table from me in the past and your table does not have two mounting holes on the side your will need to drill (2) 3/8" holes, per side.

Take a look at the attached YouTube video.

SWAG Off Road Miter Gauge Attachmet For Swag Portaband Tables.mp4 - YouTube

http://swagoffroad.com/Porta_band_Product.html

See less See more
#40 ·
Bump for you, I got mine in a few days ago, and got my Porta-band delivered this morning. This is a great setup and everything went together perfect

FYI- if anyone is looking at this setup but doesn't have a portaband, I got mine from www.tool-king.com for $230 Shipped.

Great setup and tested it on some 1/2 and 1/4" plate, and some .120 DOM this morning, Cuts perfect, I'll never use my old chopsaw again!

#43 ·
Wall mount

This is a great product. I bought it a while back it works great but I needed my vice back!!! So I built a wall bracket for it. Before I had the mounting plate my porta band just collected dust. Now I actually use it all the time.
Pics of my wall mount for it based on your mounting plate. The saw and mouting plate is attached to the wall stand with 2 bolts, so its still easily removable.
Great product!

Attachments

#44 ·
Nice wall mounted portaband.

I did a bit of shopping around and found a new fab shop to do the laser cutting. I have returned the savings on to you guys. The Portaband mounting plate is now $39.99. not $44.99 and ships USPS flat rate shipping. I have plenty in stock.

Thanks for the orders.

Troy

#49 ·
I came out with a new product that attaches to the Portaband mounting plate.

For thoes of you who have already purchased a gen 2 mounting plates from me, you will need to drill three holes on each side to addapt these plates. These plates are used as drill templetes, instructions will be provided on hole locations.

Portaband bench mount and or wall mount side mounting plates.

These plates can be used in many different configurations, wall mounted and or table mounted in 4 different height positions.

$39.99 for both side plates.

$74.99 If the Portaband mounting plate and side mounting plates are purchased at the same time, and as an added bonus they can be shipped in the same box to save on shipping.

http://www.swagoffroad.com/Porta_band_Product.html

Thanks Troy

Attachments

#51 ·
Def gettin me one of these seein as i lost my guide and i love my milwauki but i will just have to swing by and get one when im workin back in portland save on the shippin ya know lol

#52 ·
Are there any plans to make the mount with the relief cut for the blade in the front and narrower? I want to mount my Dewalt to the wall permanently and don't want to have to take it down every time I need to change the blade. Or can you sell me a mount with just the holes in it and no relief cut ? I know it's a long shot but thought I'd ask. Thanks for the time and effort that it takes to dream up and fab such great products.

Corey

#53 ·
Corey,

The .5" wide slot for the band saw blade is there to accommodate both the Milwaukee and the Dewalt. The blade locations are different depending upon which brand you have, hence the .5" wide slot.

If you mount your Portaband to the wall, you would have to make it attach with one mounting bracket, this way you would be able to slide on the blade around the single mounting bracket. This is not possible the version I sell which is two plates, one on each side of the Portaband mounting plate.

Are you guys really changing the blade that much? I use mine every day I'm in the shop and as long as I don't cut heat hardened steel the blades last for months.

#54 ·
I cut a good bit of tool steel that I use in knife and gun applications as well as input/output shafts and axle shafts that I cut down for hotrods. The last big band saw I had was over-rated and over-priced. The blades themselves would eat you alive. The Dewalt is much cheaper to use considering the frequent blade changes. I'll have to fab one up to work with a single sided arm to mount to the wall. I just thought I ask you in case you had others ask about it. If you'd like I can send you the specs when I done if it's something you think you'd like to offer as an alternate to what you already have? Thanks

Corey

#56 ·
Does anyone know if this will work for the HF portabands? I don't have the cash to buy a Dewalt or Milwaukee portaband right now but would love to use it with my HF one.

Thanks.

#61 ·
I took my plate to Home Depot and the mounting plate I sell will need a new hole to mount up this saw, along with longer screws. I know for a fact that if your ordering this mounting plate then your more than capable of handling this modification needed.

Troy

#66 ·
I just got my mount in and the build quality as awesome. The only problem is I can’t get to work with my saw (think it is my fault):confused:. I have a Milwaukee 6223 saw. I read at the beginning of the post that it will not work on the shallow saw and as my luck would have it I think that is the one I have. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks
Wes

#73 ·
I have been searching Google looking for and image of the older D28770 without and luck. They all show the new version which will work with this mounting plate.

Like you said if your saw does not have the bolts next to the blade you are out of luck.

Troy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.