Accumove 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Vendor Forums > Torchmate CNC Forum
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2015, 08:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 95568
Accumove 3

went to Torchmate today and watched as the Accumove setup cut one of my most complicated files at 240 ipm. The system is very impressive. I especially like the ohmic sensing. and accurite height control. The look ahead and corner lockout worked flawlessly. The torch never colided with the material. It was cutting 16 Ga with Hypertherm finecuts like I use. I am extremely impressed. I ordered the Accumove 3 upgrade for my TM3 4X8. The only downside is the 10 week lead time on delivery .
Not a commercial, just my impression of the system. I called and asked for a demo with my file and Hypertherm speeds on 16 Ga with finecuts. TM was able to let me watch and video as the cut was made.
Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TM3 4X8 , AVHC, Water Table
Hypertherm PMX 85
Hypertherm 1250
Lincoln V205-T
Lincoln 250 Wirematic
Eastwood 175 with Spoolgun
Eastwood 135
Dillon 2000 Oxy Acet:)
aicomp is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2015, 05:57 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 194708
Thanks Mike for posting this info. I was curious how the accumove would work on thin art myself (I do 12 gauge) and was concerned with the slower speed of the ohmic sensor over the smart motor. Some of my designs have over 200 pierces in them and I'm wondering how much extra time that will add to the cut time. Right now I can cut that design in 15 minutes. If it doesn't add too much time and I can walk away from the table to do other things that would be a big plus. Can you share some of the video?

Thanks
Z
Old 10-24-2015, 07:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 49708
Like to see the video. Please post it up. When I was there.... It wasn't offered to run a demo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Turning visions into reality
cpreston is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2015, 07:52 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 95568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zydenet View Post
Thanks Mike for posting this info. I was curious how the accumove would work on thin art myself (I do 12 gauge) and was concerned with the slower speed of the ohmic sensor over the smart motor. Some of my designs have over 200 pierces in them and I'm wondering how much extra time that will add to the cut time. Right now I can cut that design in 15 minutes. If it doesn't add too much time and I can walk away from the table to do other things that would be a big plus. Can you share some of the video?

Thanks
Z
I will try to get it up soon. It is a long video. The machine cut the work really fast. the ohmic sensing was a little slower, but the rapids between pierces were smooth and fast. I really like the stepper over the smart motor because of the cost difference.
Mike

Hypertherm PMX 85
Hypertherm 1250
Lincoln V205-T
Lincoln 250 Wirematic
Eastwood 135
Old 10-26-2015, 09:36 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 98865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zydenet View Post

Thanks
Z
You will likely find increased speed with the ACCUMOVE controls over our old systems. We are working on a video currently that demonstrates a side by side comparison.

Jeff
Torchmate is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2015, 04:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 95568
Thanks Jeff. My video is pretty shakey. Hope it gets here before the 10 weeks. Can't wait to get started with it.
Mike

Hypertherm PMX 85
Hypertherm 1250
Lincoln V205-T
Lincoln 250 Wirematic
Eastwood 135
Old 10-26-2015, 06:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 49708
As I think about this. I wonder what the " move between cut " time is. Is it faster than what we have now. With what I do now about 30% of my cut time is cut time. I spend more time moving than cutting. . If it is 1/2 of a second slower than what I have now moving between cuts. Then that will add almost 20 minutes to a sheet.

TH Support. Is it faster or slower moving between cuts?

Old 10-26-2015, 09:58 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 95568
The rapids between cuts were awesome. I don't know the speeds, but it was fast.
Mike

Hypertherm PMX 85
Hypertherm 1250
Lincoln V205-T
Lincoln 250 Wirematic
Eastwood 135
Old 10-27-2015, 07:45 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 77176
Send a message via Skype™ to sierravalley
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpreston View Post
Like to see the video. Please post it up. When I was there.... It wasn't offered to run a demo
You could of had a demo had we had more time to set one up Charlie!

The torch height is adjustable on how much the torch will retract in between pierces. So say you know your highest tip up would be 1" above the material then you can program your torch to only retract just above the 1" so that you can have faster cut times and not retract the entire 3-4" for every pierce.
sierravalley is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2015, 07:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 49708
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierravalley View Post
You could of had a demo had we had more time to set one up Charlie!

The torch height is adjustable on how much the torch will retract in between pierces. So say you know your highest tip up would be 1" above the material then you can program your torch to only retract just above the 1" so that you can have faster cut times and not retract the entire 3-4" for every pierce.
ya, ya..... day late and a dollar short....

Old 10-28-2015, 08:23 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 115732
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierravalley View Post

That's pretty cool.
JEd A is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2015, 03:22 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 98865
Thanks to cpreston for the cut file, we used for our ACCUMOVE vs Flashcut speed test.

cpreston really has his machine dialed in. That being said a few of our techs and engineers really want to step up to the challenge of emulating your quality with the same material, but we just can't dedicate the time to playing with the file when we are so busy, so hats off to you sir. When time allows, I know a few of the team are going to revisit this exceptional piece you have produced.

This test was performed for speed only, we ran the machines at 100IPM with 45 amp shielded consumables. Nothing special, and again this was a speed comparison only.

We will be doing some additional comparison video's in the near future as we captured a lot of good stuff yesterday in our design and demo learning center here in Reno.
Torchmate is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2015, 09:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 49708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchmate View Post
Thanks to cpreston for the cut file, we used for our ACCUMOVE vs Flashcut speed test.

cpreston really has his machine dialed in. That being said a few of our techs and engineers really want to step up to the challenge of emulating your quality with the same material, but we just can't dedicate the time to playing with the file when we are so busy, so hats off to you sir. When time allows, I know a few of the team are going to revisit this exceptional piece you have produced.

This test was performed for speed only, we ran the machines at 100IPM with 45 amp shielded consumables. Nothing special, and again this was a speed comparison only.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-KL...9RemyThQnAUcZr

We will be doing some additional comparison video's in the near future as we captured a lot of good stuff yesterday in our design and demo learning center here in Reno.
Might plan a trip down and maybe we can set up some time to play in the shop.

Old 10-30-2015, 03:00 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 584961
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpreston View Post
As I think about this. I wonder what the " move between cut " time is. Is it faster than what we have now. With what I do now about 30% of my cut time is cut time. I spend more time moving than cutting. . If it is 1/2 of a second slower than what I have now moving between cuts. Then that will add almost 20 minutes to a sheet.

TH Support. Is it faster or slower moving between cuts?
Rapid or slew moves between cuts execute in less time with Accumove due to a math trick applied to the contouring algorithms, enabling the end effector to reach it's target (next pierce point) in less time without exceeding accel, decel or velocity limits.

IK
inkognito is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2015, 04:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
DLE

Member # 203747
I'd sure like a quote on the accumove system. I've emailed a few times (once just a few days ago) and can't seem to get a price. For a torchmate X
DLE is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2015, 05:07 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 152411
DLE, send me an email to [email protected] put it to Attn: Dennie and I will see that you get a quote on your X table, apologies for the delay.

- Dennie
TorchmateSupport is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2015, 06:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 227992
Any chance you guys will do a buy back or credit for old control boxes that are not accumove?
Razorweld 200ac/dc tig
Razorweld 195 Mig/stick
Razorweld & SSC Controls
Gamble is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2015, 08:45 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 95568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
Any chance you guys will do a buy back or credit for old control boxes that are not accumove?
That would be really nice.

Hypertherm PMX 85
Hypertherm 1250
Lincoln V205-T
Lincoln 250 Wirematic
Eastwood 135

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in