Pirate 4x4 banner

6.7 Cummins guys

4K views 45 replies 13 participants last post by  D45 
#1 ·
I ordered a fuel pressure relief valve plug that will hopefully fix my low fuel pressure when towing issue and I'm wondering if I have to remove the intake elbow to get the fprv out and the plug in? It looks like I might have to. If I do, is that a reusable gasket or do I need to order one of those too? Google has yielded nada on writeups.

#38 ·
There's two shops here that aren't dealerships. One is all brodozer bolt on and the other works on commercial rigs and such. I went for the guy that isn't gonna try to up sell me a light bar and some truck nuts.

#39 ·
I've never had to deal with flow testing injectors, and only replaced what was wrong. Which solved any issues I may have had.

However, if you have the equipment to successfully test and determine which injector is "bad". Why do you need to pull the other 5 and have then tested so they're good?

#40 ·
He said cylinder 5 had a knock and made it sound like the injector was dumping too much fuel. He's thinking the low pressure issue could be other injectors allowing too much fuel on the return side. Only way to test that is on the bench.

#41 ·
Well all the injectors but the one are fine. So his guess is the cp3. I'm having him replace the injector and I'll do the pump at a later date since it didn't seem too complicated. I only get the code when towing so I've got some time before I need it replaced.

#44 ·
Well he called today. I'm looking at $1400 to replace the injector and pay for the work already done. He said he's pretty sure it's the cp3 which would add another $2800 to the bill. I'm just having him do the injector and I'm gonna have my cousins Dodge diesel tech friend take a look at it.

Who knows, maybe the injector was the problem. Either way, I'm not paying those prices.

#46 · (Edited)
$2800 for a CP3????!

That's also alot of money for ONE injector..... Is that r&r, diagnostic and testing?

I paid $1200 for my 85%

Do it yourself and get a built aftermarket pump.....Exergy, T&C, .....not one from Industrial Injection

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.