Ford Superduty bolt on airbag kit - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Tow Rigs and Trailers
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2017, 09:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
JAG

Member # 6858
Ford Superduty bolt on airbag kit

Who sells a decent ready to bolt in and go airbag kit for 99-03 F250? Manual fill is fine but if it can be had in 500ish range id go with the lazy incab controlled setup.

The new trailer squats the ass end of the truck alot and i still cant justify replacing the truck with a dually yet.

Last edited by JAG; 06-27-2017 at 09:33 AM.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2017, 09:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
JAG

Member # 6858

This is the scale ticket with the trucks 4 wheels on the front scale, trailer empty and unhooked with landing gear on the second scale and all 6 trailer wheels on the 4th scale. At most the cargo load would be 7-8k range. I didnt get numbers with it hooked up. But i will if thats needed to deturmine bag size.

Last edited by JAG; 06-27-2017 at 09:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2017, 03:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 27011
I used AirLift's Load Lifter 5000 bolt on manual fill air bag kit on my last SuperDuty. Pretty sure the kit was sub $300. Maybe Amazon can give you a better price spectrum. The kit worked well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Morgan Hill, California

(408) 778-7800
lowerd96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 04:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 82607
The last ones I used were Firestone air bags, they were manual fill but you could have in cab fill for more money. I think they were well worth the money. I think they make two sizes, a 3k and a 5k kit.
They were bolt on my GMC except for the schrader valves, i opted to put one on each side near the plate lights in the bumper. I think at the time they were sub $300.
dave_dj1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2017, 05:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
JAG

Member # 6858
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowerd96 View Post
I used AirLift's Load Lifter 5000 bolt on manual fill air bag kit on my last SuperDuty. Pretty sure the kit was sub $300. Maybe Amazon can give you a better price spectrum. The kit worked well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_dj1 View Post
The last ones I used were Firestone air bags, they were manual fill but you could have in cab fill for more money. I think they were well worth the money. I think they make two sizes, a 3k and a 5k kit.
They were bolt on my GMC except for the schrader valves, i opted to put one on each side near the plate lights in the bumper. I think at the time they were sub $300.

Ok. It doesnt seem as complicated as i was thinking then. I was thinking i needed to calculate weights and bag sizes and all that math stuff.

Is durability/longevity between airlift and firestone about the same? I assume theyre all like everything else and made in China in the same factory and a different name slapped on?

Last edited by JAG; 06-27-2017 at 06:02 PM.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 4135
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_dj1 View Post
This, I have the Firestone ride rights in the 5k rating. I also put the Schraders on either side of the plate. You just adjust your bag air pressure to the load you are carrying, there's a chart out there somewhere showing the psi to weight carried. It was sub $300 for the basic kit that I got.
The press is a gang of cruel faggots. Journalism is not a profession or a trade. It is a cheap catch-all for fuckoffs and misfits—a false doorway to the backside of life, a filthy piss-ridden little hole nailed off by the building inspector
wheelerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2017, 06:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 82607
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Ok. It doesnt seem as complicated as i was thinking then. I was thinking i needed to calculate weights and bag sizes and all that math stuff.

Is durability/longevity between airlift and firestone about the same? I assume theyre all like everything else and made in China in the same factory and a different name slapped on?
The only thing I know is that you have to maintain a minimum of 10 psi so the bags don't get beat to death. I loved the ride as you were always on air.
One thing to keep in mind is they hold less than a pint of air so a bicycle pump will pump them up in short order
dave_dj1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2017, 06:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 5295
I had had the firestones on my dodge since '03 and over 300k miles with no issues.

We-Rock Stock Class
Team Mall Crawler #609

Sponsored by:
The Drive Shaft Shop
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Delaware Jeep Assoc.
DE Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2017, 10:50 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 167070
I did the air compressor Airlift 500 because of hauling sap, lots of loading and unloading #4500 quickly. I have replaced some of the lighter location pieces, but none of the load bearing components. I would use this kit again.
BUCKLAND is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2017, 03:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 28779
Send a message via AIM to 98hd
I love having this little wireless compressor kit for my bags

Air Lift 25870 WirelessONE Compressor System
98hd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2017, 08:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Broke Bastard

Member # 1129
The bigger around the bags are, the smoother the ride will be with less pressure

I stuffed some semi bags under my mega cab. I also have a power inverter and a cheap electric compressor and valves/gauges in the cab.

I run half the pressure as my BIL does with the same load.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in