Pirate 4x4 banner

Best source for complete axles?

3K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  D60 
#1 ·
I'm hoping to swap out shitty 5 lug 3500lb axles for some 8 lug 6000lb'ers on a tired and ailing utility trailer. Whatever "standard" WMS is for your average 16' car hauler/utility trailer (I'll measure before dropping any $ of course)

Question is, last time I priced axles they were stupid expensive, be it online or thru my local dealer. So if'n you was gonna order new trailer axles (preferably online pricing since your local dealer probably isn't my local dealer) where would you go?

#5 ·
Shop around online. ******* or Southwest Wheel generally has decent prices.

I found a bargain basement Dexter dealer Trailer Parts Unlimited and ordered the 6000lb axle kit they have, but received 5200lb axles. And even after arguing with them for a month, still couldn't get them swapped out. So be careful. I have ordered from Southwest wheel plenty of times with no issues, but to save ~$100 I used these guys, so you get what you pay for. In my case I didn't need the capacity so I just kept them and saved the money, but they won't get my business next time.

#16 ·
Late follow up: I just spoke w Josh at R&P 815-357-3292

He was RIDICULOUSLY helpful and informative, taking tons of time to answer all my questions.

I really don't know if their prices were the BEST because he put together an entire package for me with everything I would need (springs, hardware etc) so I can't compare apples to apples...

....but the price seemed very fair and I plan to order here just because the SERVICE was fawking amazing. I just need to confirm spring spacing and WMS (apparently they call it "hub face" in the non-'wheeling world)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.