My $65000 cigarette lighter (Powerstroke diesel) - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Tow Rigs and Trailers
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2019, 01:42 PM   #51 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 104517
I know a guy who bankrupted his business with a brand new F-550. Small time framing contractor who couldn't afford the $26k they quoted him by the time they were done. Truck had 30k miles.

Then the dumb fuck bought another new 6.7. He's already had issues in less than 20k miles but will still tell you how awesome the truck pulls (when it runs).

Dodge can't be beat for a work truck. They start out cheap, they last long enough, and they'll be hammered before they're wore out anyways.
Old 03-30-2019, 03:05 PM   #52 (permalink)

Member # 172746
ANY newer diesel motor is a crap shoot no matter what brand, you either need to go gas or buy extended warranties and use dealers for scheduled service so you have a record.

Im suprised to here others complaining of the 6.7s, we have about 40 in our fleet right now, 2012-2019 and besides problems with guys idling the shit of them we havent had any horror stories. Plenty of the older ones are pushing 300k now and run like a champ.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2019, 04:46 AM   #53 (permalink)

Member # 82644
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300zx_tt View Post
Iím trying to get prices now from a few local shops and the dealership. I donít want them to take it apart honestly. I only owe them 300 for labor right now so Iíll probably pack it up and haul it down the road to a reputable shop.
So you'll never get help from the dealer if you ask for it again.

Old 04-01-2019, 07:53 AM   #54 (permalink)

Member # 25632
Funny how the "any Ford diesel is trash" bandwagon is so strong online. I can say they are without issues. But out of the dozen or so people I know with them for personal use and 60-70+ I've driven and been around at work. I've only seen 1 have a major failure ('12 F550, needed a long block) if you read on here they are worse than the 6.0

Again, I wouldn't want to own one out of warranty.
YotaAtieToo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2019, 07:53 AM   #55 (permalink)

Member # 25632
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadfield4wd View Post
Doesn't sound like they are helping him now.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:31 AM   #56 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 151139
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaAtieToo View Post
Funny how the "any Ford diesel is trash" bandwagon is so strong online. I can say they are without issues. But out of the dozen or so people I know with them for personal use and 60-70+ I've driven and been around at work. I've only seen 1 have a major failure ('12 F550, needed a long block) if you read on here they are worse than the 6.0

Again, I wouldn't want to own one out of warranty.
How many people do you know?

I "know" maybe 12 people in the world, and maybe have passing contact with another 12.

Out of those, I know maybe 3 who I would have a close enough relationship with to know their auto warranty issues.

Out of those, I don't know ANY who have a FORD DIESELS.

How the hell do you know DOZENS of people that close, period? And out of those, How the hell do they all have Ford diesels? And out of those, how come they ALL tell you about their auto service?

And if you are driving 60-70 different vehicles how do you keep track of which one was in the shop for what?

I smell a mixture of bull shit & Ford fan boy.

Last edited by Grumpy356; 04-01-2019 at 09:33 AM.
Grumpy356 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2019, 12:03 PM   #57 (permalink)

Member # 82644
Quote:
Fair enough. I just don't think he should ever complain again as he is not a customer.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:05 PM   #58 (permalink)

Member # 82644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy356 View Post

I "know" maybe 12 people in the world, and maybe have passing contact with another 12.

Out of those, I know maybe 3 who I would have a close enough relationship with to know their auto warranty issues.

How the hell do you know DOZENS of people that close, period? And out of those, How the hell do they all have Ford diesels? And out of those, how come they ALL tell you about their auto service?

And if you are driving 60-70 different vehicles how do you keep track of which one was in the shop for what?

Maybe you don't have any friends because you're grumpy.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:52 PM   #59 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 151139
Quote:
Maybe you don't have any friends because you're grumpy.
I prefer to think they are just intimidated by my superior intellect and sparkling good looks.

Old 04-01-2019, 02:41 PM   #60 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 73302
What good is a warranty if they deny multiple claims for "contaminated fuel" when the truck is well within mileage and time limits on the warranty. If the fuel source was contaminated then other diesel vehicles in the fleet would have had issues besides the Ford 6.7s. A company in Texas owns the fleet that I was speaking of in an earlier post.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
pvkj454 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2019, 03:23 PM   #61 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 66684
Quote:

I know a lot of people. Over 10 that dd 6.0 diesel fords and every single one had at least one major failure. I currently know 15 ish that dd 6.7 fords and only know of 1 major failure. Mine is at 90ish with nothing other then oil changes and fuel filters once.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-01-2019, 08:04 PM   #62 (permalink)

Member # 676153
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300zx_tt View Post
I’m trying to get prices now from a few local shops and the dealership. I don’t want them to take it apart honestly. I only owe them 300 for labor right now so I’ll probably pack it up and haul it down the road to a reputable shop.
Quote:
Quote:

Exactly, There’s 10 ford stores within 20 miles of me. I’m not pleased with the whole situation including how the dealership handled everything. So I’ll go somewhere else. As a consumer that’s how we speak, with our wallets. Not to mention the fact that they fucked up my brand new $900 ladder rack.
300zx_tt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2019, 08:14 PM   #63 (permalink)

Member # 25632
Quote:

How much of a hermit are you that you only know 12 people?

I didn't say dozens, I said a dozen or so. 6.7s are popular over here. I am pretty confident that I would hear from any one of them if thier truck was in the shop for a new long block or $15k in fuel components.

I usually work for small companies, every company I've worked for except 2 uses Fords. So at least the small companies, I would have heard about major issues. You know, like you show up to work on Monday and Jim is driving a rental truck, "hey where's your service truck?"

You're right that I don't know the history of every single one. But my point is that I've been around the 6.7 a lot, and I feel like if they were failing left and right that I would have seen it first hand. Id say 80%+ work trucks I see are Ford and a large majority of them are 6.7s.
Old 04-02-2019, 06:07 AM   #64 (permalink)

Member # 174963
I talked to the owner of a landscape company I bought an old Dodge from a while back, he said he ran Fords because of how they do the financing or leasing or something that the other companies wouldn't do and that that was the only reason he ran Fords. Not sure if there's anything to that, you would think all the dealers would offer similar commercial credit/leasing programs.
lunacy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2019, 06:32 PM   #65 (permalink)

Member # 676153
Long block got delivered to the shop Friday. Hopefully I’ll get this thing back soon. Been a month.
300zx_tt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2019, 08:18 PM   #66 (permalink)

Member # 101209
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2big bronco View Post
I know a lot of people. Over 10 that dd 6.0 diesel fords and every single one had at least one major failure. I currently know 15 ish that dd 6.7 fords and only know of 1 major failure. Mine is at 90ish with nothing other then oil changes and fuel filters once.
This has been my experience too,

I know 6 people that had 6.0 Fords,

one got a long block at 60k miles in his Excursion, but he's now at 200,000 with no further issues.

One had the oil cooler failure at 80k miles, did the full Bulletproof kit on it, and it lifted the head gaskets at 120k .. he fought that for the next 20k miles till he cut bait. ... he now drives a Dodge diesel

Another put a edge tuner on his truck at 60k miles and lifted the head gaskets at 90,000 plus blew the radiator.

Another buddy Put A banks kit on his truck at around 60 miles and blew the head gasket at 80,000... I warned him not to f*** with the truck... but he didn't listen.. he now drives a Dodge diesel.

Another one started to blow coolant at 80k when the EGR cooler was going, luckily he had it replaced under warranty.

Another one has an 09 Ford 6.4 that made it a hundred thousand miles and it was tuned before it lifted the head gaskets and cracked the heads

I had an 08 Ford diesel that went through 2 radiators a steering box and a DPF filter.. I now drive a Dodge

A Nation of sheep will beget a Government of wolves.[/COLOR]
Edward Murrow
DT75FLH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in