Pirate 4x4 banner

NEW SUPER C 4X4

9K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  Ghetto Fab. 
#1 ·
Dynamax super c

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
First unit of the 28SS lithium batteries, 800 watts solar getting debuted at dealer only show next week. It IS going into production.

Brian C from dynamax had a 38 page post soliciting suggestions over the last few months,kinda cool to see the actual figure head of the company taking a direct role with potential buyers to try and get something people want.

Though maybe not perfect for all it is by far the best 4x4 diesel unit out there.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f240/short-isata-5-with-all-time-bed-179626-38.html

#3 ·
We looked at those and the Renegade Veracruz. Nice vehicles but got scared of vehicle weight on that chassis. Seemed pretty close to maxed out so towing a decent size trailer was gonna be out of the question.

At KOH last year, a guy with they same camper in pic had an open stacker trailer with Buggys and RZRs on it. Pretty sure way way over loaded but said it towed just fine.

#4 ·
Correct the isata 5 line hed very low CCC capacities.

This is a brand new model, shorter and lighter were 2 of the main goals
If you read the post one of the goals was weight reduction.

From the design thread;
I just got the first weights back.
28SS FULLY loaded. That includes the Xplorer Package (formerly the extreme package), so you do save some for Lithium....but 4x4, kitchen option, bike rack, about every option you can get and we ended up with 2,600lbs of CCC. Over 1,000 lbs under on the front axle and over 3,000lbs under on the rear axle.

#5 ·
Prob not the ideal rig if purpose is to tow a sizeable load.

2600lbs of CCC does not include fresh water, propane, people or the crap in your fridge or ice chest.

If it holds 95 gallons of fresh water like before, subtract appx 760lbs

if it holds 20 gallons of propane, subtract appx 90lbs

if you have 2 adults, subtract 300lbs or more

We down to 1450 CCClbs appx

We know we will have all the storage used for standard, general stuff like sew hose, tire chalks, tools, add cloths, food, ice filled ice chest. Not unreasonable that we down to 1000 lbs CCC. Well this is 10% of the rated 10,000 lbs the hitch can tow.

After hooking up, don't add a dog, don't be a combined married weight of over 300 lbs. Don't stop by Buc ee's and load up on beef jerky.

I wish RV mfg would give us more wiggle room on weight. I'm not dogging the product, I would love a 4x4 super C as a tow rig. I'm stuck with a 2wd Super C cause I purchased specific to tow

#6 ·
I don't know why everyone has a fetish for staying under GVW. We all know that these trucks can BDL like it's nobody's business as long as the weight is distributed sanely. I'd be far more concerned about where the weight is on the trailer and that long rear overhang than I would about a few thousand pounds that's mostly inside the wheelbase.

#8 ·
I'll never understand why RV designers refuse to shift the rear axle back 2' or more. Max that front axle out, and understand that some of the weight will come off it when you hook up a trailer. My little Class C has the best WB/overall length ratio you can really get in a small machine that can tow, and it still has far too long of a rear overhang. 650 lbs of tongue weight on the trailer adds 1200 lbs of weight to the rear axle, and pulls 550 lbs off the front axle, or something like that. If that axle was 2' further back, trailer tongue weight wouldn't really affect steer weight, AND your frame would only be extended once, between the axles.

#14 ·
This is a brand new model

The 30FW advertises around 150
This one I assume to be on the higher side, lithium batteries and 800 watt solar and quite a bit when you get them with the rig as opposed to adding yourself.

The one in the pic is debuting at dynamax dealer show next week, it is theonly unit made currently

A live walk thru is supposed to happen tuesday or wednesday on facebook

#15 ·
Just finished reading through that whole thread. That unit sounds pretty badass. And damn, are rv'ers stupid. "but there's no outside TV" "how do you entertain guests?" "can I get a residential fridge?"

These morons want a 4wd, small rv designed to tow. Then they want to only use it for tailgates and hanging out in an rv park.

#16 ·
The conversation tooks some wrong turns, but the end product is good, Brian is working on another "short" version based on the M2 chassis but at this point does not think that chassis in 4wd is doable from a price point. It would have a rear locker though.

I would like a folding bed in a rear slide out and chop off another two feet.

I talked to Nexus RV they are working on something 4x4 supposedly however I havent heard any update from them in a while.

#17 ·
Video walk thru wednesday 8:30am ET

Quote from the construct thread

Tune in Wednesday for the live walk through. As I mentioned it will be 8:30-ish. Tuesday we will cover all the changes to the Isata 3.

The video will remain on Facebook and if we can, we will download and post on Youtube.

#21 ·
They have the XG32 at 33'-6" but not much CCC or 800 watts solar and lithium batteries though that could all be added.

Not sure on the Ford trans? any good for that kind of weight?

The 5500 aisin is reasonable?

#22 ·
#23 ·
A bit overkill on the luxury side of things, but damn, that thing seems thought out. I do love having enough open floor space in my small class C to have a beer cooler, and I'm not quite sure where that would go. I use the heck out of my under-dinette & under-sofa storage, so a person would have to make some adjustments there. I'd also like to see one in person to see how well you can make the climb from the cab seats to the living area. Oh, and I'd like to be able to have enough to buy one...

#32 ·
I feel its still a pretty small market. Wheelers in general are a pretty small market as is.

Even in the boat scenario, I feel a lot of people simply drive two vehicles out anyways. They get the mobile house out there, or rent it already there, then tow the boat or whatever out with their truck or suv. Once there they have accomodations, toys, and best of all, another vehicle to go to the store in.

Kevin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.