Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum (https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toyota - FJ Cruiser (https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   FJC Lefty (https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1427594)

fjbeirut 08-27-2013 03:48 PM

FJC Lefty
 
i was trying to get the 4.7 Lefty single case for my FJC but it seems both Marlin and Inchworm are out of adapters and are not willing to get back in production soon, if ever!

so the gears and output shafts are there, but nothing to fit them in!

any ideas, inputs? anywhere i can buy a Lefty already in stock?

fjbeirut 08-28-2013 07:01 PM

any feedback?

FJLED 08-30-2013 02:54 PM

They will fit into the OEM FJC transfercase housing with modification. It has been done before. Way more work than a pre-built lefty is though. I'd just toss an Atlas in instead.

vegask 08-30-2013 04:11 PM

I got the same response from Inchworm, they are not sure when they will be making or getting any more lefty adapters/cases. Your best bet is to go with a dual tcase setup.



Quote:

Originally Posted by FJLED (Post 20617794)
They will fit into the OEM FJC transfercase housing with modification. It has been done before. Way more work than a pre-built lefty is though. I'd just toss an Atlas in instead.

What??

FJLED 08-30-2013 04:33 PM

You can take Marlin's gears and install them into an OEM FJC transfer case. The transfer case housing will require modification, but it has been done before as I mentioned previously.

For all the work that would go into it I'd just install an Atlas since it's as bolt in as the lefty is for the most part.

vegask 08-30-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FJLED (Post 20619218)
You can take Marlin's gears and install them into an OEM FJC transfer case. The transfer case housing will require modification, but it has been done before as I mentioned previously.

For all the work that would go into it I'd just install an Atlas since it's as bolt in as the lefty is for the most part.

Never heard of this, got a link?

Wilson 08-30-2013 09:06 PM

Atlas2 : Atlas 2 Speed Transfer Case | Advance Adapters

vegask 08-30-2013 10:16 PM

Was referring to stuffing gears into a chain drive case, pretty sure thats not been done. But I have been wrong before.

FJLED 08-31-2013 07:00 AM

Might be right. I saw a thread years ago (07/08 time frame) where I thought I guy ordered all the parts and modified it to work on what I thought was his OEM TC. Can't find it now though.

Gslander 08-31-2013 01:39 PM

Looks like the resale value of my lefty just went up!! I want to see pics of these 4.7s stufed into an fj chain drive case, are you sure it wasnt an fj landcruiser case (40 series)?

vegask 09-01-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gslander (Post 20633146)
Looks like the resale value of my lefty just went up!! I want to see pics of these 4.7s stufed into an fj chain drive case, are you sure it wasnt an fj landcruiser case (40 series)?

Hold onto that lefty!!

Yeah I'm gonna call bull shit on gears being put into a fjc chain drive case. I've seen the chain drive case torn down and turned into a twin stick but thats about it.

Gslander 09-01-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegask (Post 20644394)
Hold onto that lefty!!

Yeah I'm gonna call bull shit on gears being put into a fjc chain drive case. I've seen the chain drive case torn down and turned into a twin stick but thats about it.

Yea two completely different low range and case designs.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.