Ft 522 v2 - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Toyota - Formula Toy Forum
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 11:35 AM   #51 (permalink)

Member # 36007
Ft 522 v2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propane View Post
60's with a 22r = unlimited fun I'd sure like to make it out that way someday. Maybe next summer. Is it too hot to wheel there in the summer?
I'll have all the parts for 9" axles with 60 outers soon. Can't wait. I've always limited how far I push my rig by my axle assembly strength. Now when I break something it's going to be really bad!!

We can wheel here year round. Meet us over in Disney OK. That would be a little closer. Looks like 16 hours for you +/-. There's a wide variety of terrain mixed with some cool locals. You'd fit right in !!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I wanna get me a truck and soop it up with some metal!" -Wingo

Last edited by mtbrjon; 03-20-2013 at 11:37 AM.
mtbrjon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #52 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 30839
It's on my wish list. For some reason I thought that place was in the dakotas. My wife is just about to have our next son so I think this summer is out. Ok is doable for sure though!

Bulletproof propane kits for extreme off road and carbureted engines. Please visit our website for details.

TO ORDER ONLINE:

Check us out on Facebook
Propane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2013, 02:33 PM   #53 (permalink)

Member # 36007
Now have a TG front housing (had this one stashed away for a few years), front V6 ARB with 5.29, mini CO2 bottle( for now, will rig up compressor later), rear V6 ARB with 5.29, a full set of remote res Bilstein 7100s, full leaf packs front and rear, hacked out everything in the back of the rig for a new rear bed area, rear shock mounts upper and lower, and battery and propane bottle relocation.

Also doing some prep work for rear cage re-work and rear bench seat later this year.

I found this very cool perforated steel sheetmetal for the rear bed and floor pans. It has 1/4" holes on 1/2" centers, .125 thick and it's steel so I can weld it in. It won't hold muddy water or sand and I can easily bolt stuff to it with 1/4" bolts. The place I bought from has tons of different configurations with different home sizes and offsets. I'll post pics of all of this in the next couple days.

Last edited by mtbrjon; 04-01-2013 at 02:35 PM.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #54 (permalink)

Member # 43587
Send a message via AIM to TBItoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrjon View Post
Now have a TG front housing (had this one stashed away for a few years), front V6 ARB with 5.29, mini CO2 bottle( for now, will rig up compressor later), rear V6 ARB with 5.29, a full set of remote res Bilstein 7100s, full leaf packs front and rear, hacked out everything in the back of the rig for a new rear bed area, rear shock mounts upper and lower, and battery and propane bottle relocation.

Also doing some prep work for rear cage re-work and rear bench seat later this year.

I found this very cool perforated steel sheetmetal for the rear bed and floor pans. It has 1/4" holes on 1/2" centers, .125 thick and it's steel so I can weld it in. It won't hold muddy water or sand and I can easily bolt stuff to it with 1/4" bolts. The place I bought from has tons of different configurations with different home sizes and offsets. I'll post pics of all of this in the next couple days.

Definitely interested in the perforated steel
Old 04-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #55 (permalink)

Member # 36007
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBItoy View Post
Definitely interested in the perforated steel
Here's a link to the company I bought the perforated sheet metal from. Check out their site but be warned this shit is $$$!!!!

It came in a 4'x10 sheet so if I'm very conservative with it I figure I can use on 3-4 rigs to ease the $$ pain a bit.

http://www.brown-campbell.com

Last edited by mtbrjon; 04-02-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #56 (permalink)

Member # 43587
Send a message via AIM to TBItoy
Quote:
Here's a link to the company I bought the perforated sheet metal from. Check out their site but be warned this shit is $$$!!!!

It came in a 4'x10 sheet so if I'm very conservative with it I figure I can use on 3-4 rigs to ease the $$ pain a bit.

Specialty Steel Fabricator & Distributor
I've seen tons of that perforated metal on different kinds of industrial equipment (mostly stainless on food processing equip), never priced it out though.

A lil google searching found a couple other places in TN that sell perforated sheet. Here's one in east TN (Cleveland)

H&K Perforating Company - Specializing in Perforated Metal

I may have to cheap out and go with the ol "trailer bed" expanded metal though
Old 04-07-2013, 03:40 AM   #57 (permalink)

Member # 36007
If you only need a small amount let me know dimensions. I may be willing to part with a bit of this.

Old 04-16-2013, 03:24 AM   #58 (permalink)

Member # 36007

Moved bottles in some, remounted rear shocks and replaced with 7100 Bilsteins. Built subframe for new rear deck. Cutting the perforated sheet this morning and installing it later this week.

Old 04-16-2013, 03:27 AM   #59 (permalink)

Member # 36007

I like these air toggles for the ARBs and they work great mounted "Hobie style" on the shifter. Running a small CO2 tank for the lockers for now but switching to a compressor in the future.

Old 04-16-2013, 03:28 AM   #60 (permalink)

Member # 36007

Can't wait to try out the Bilsteins at speed.

Old 04-16-2013, 03:30 AM   #61 (permalink)

Member # 36007

Been working on tidying up some stuff like these cables, ARB line, and propane line routing.

Old 04-16-2013, 03:34 AM   #62 (permalink)

Member # 36007
Need to replace the hard line for the rear brakes from the MC back to the braided hose and reroute it then everything I want to do will be finished for now. I'll wheel like that this summer and slowly build up the front 9" and rear D60 then swap those prob this winter. After that we'll wheel a while as I finish the big turbo engine and save up for an Atlas to go behind my sweet Marlin built AX15 hybrid trans.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:56 AM   #63 (permalink)

Member # 66153
Digging the simplicity of that interior
F-TOY #36
Ricks72ntx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2013, 05:11 AM   #64 (permalink)

Member # 36007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricks72ntx View Post
Thanks. I've been building switch/gauge pods on our last couple buggies. I like to be able to see the front wheels and that's tough with a full dash or a huge console. This way I have good visibility and still have easy access to all the wiring should a problem arise.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #65 (permalink)
a2b

Member # 22547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricks72ntx View Post
ya my next ftoy i build will be designed to be open and easy to work on a fix. (provided its not suppoesd to be koh legal). i am done with the days of being on a trail and having wiring issues that are ridiculously hard to get to because of panels and what not. i want a clean look but open and easy access to work on it out of the garage.
a2b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2013, 03:11 AM   #66 (permalink)

Member # 36007
Got the perforated sheet cut to size and tacked in before I ran out of wire for the mig. I really hate when that happens.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:42 PM   #67 (permalink)

Member # 36007
Done! That took way to long....

I'm ready for our Memorial Day trip to Disney OK!! We'll try to make one day at a park closer to home before then to make sure all the changes work as intended. Maybe Wolley's ,Summertown, or Hawk Pride depending on weather.

Last edited by mtbrjon; 04-29-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:22 PM   #68 (permalink)

Member # 200702
Looks good! Did you just tac weld?
hjpcummins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2013, 07:47 PM   #69 (permalink)

Member # 36007
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjpcummins View Post
Looks good! Did you just tac weld?
I did about a dozen 1" welds around the outside and plug welded on the support tube across the center. I jumped up and down on it before I painted it and it didn't budge.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:15 PM   #70 (permalink)

Member # 105784
Quote:
Originally Posted by a2b View Post
ya my next ftoy i build will be designed to be open and easy to work on a fix. (provided its not suppoesd to be koh legal). i am done with the days of being on a trail and having wiring issues that are ridiculously hard to get to because of panels and what not. i want a clean look but open and easy access to work on it out of the garage.
When you build another ftoy please call me. All wire it for you.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:16 PM   #71 (permalink)

Member # 105784
Quote:

Been working on tidying up some stuff like these cables, ARB line, and propane line routing.
I would cover that stuff up. Hobie's old ftoy has hit marks there.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #72 (permalink)

Member # 36007
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88jp View Post
I would cover that stuff up. Hobie's old ftoy has hit marks there.
That's not really so relevant as Hobie's old Ftoy has hit marks everywhere.....

I planned that for when I re-do the floor panels with the perforated. Plan to build a removable cover.

Last edited by mtbrjon; 05-09-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #73 (permalink)

Member # 27286
Send a message via AIM to toyotanuts
looking good
toyotanuts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2013, 07:29 PM   #74 (permalink)
a2b

Member # 22547
Quote:
That's not really so relevant as Hobie's old Ftoy has hit marks everywhere.....

I planned that for when I re-do the floor panels with the perforated. Plan to build a removable cover.

hey enough about my "old ftoy"
a2b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2013, 09:36 PM   #75 (permalink)

Member # 105784
Quote:
Originally Posted by a2b View Post
hey enough about my "old ftoy"
It's still a great rig.But it looks like the t-cases need work. Looks good John. Hope to see it some day

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in