Ft 522 v2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Toyota - Formula Toy Forum
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 36007
Ft 522 v2

I picked up Ftoy chassis 522 from it's original owner "bunchr1". We built this chassis to a roller for Ronnie 2 years ago and he finished it out nicely. It's street legal with a NC plate!!!Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346033284.391789.jpg
Views: 2486
Size:  117.1 KB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I wanna get me a truck and soop it up with some metal!" -Wingo
mtbrjon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2012, 07:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 36007
Picked up in Cookeville, TN Friday 8/24/12. Wheeled Golden Mountain RV park on 8/25/12. We got a bit of a late start since we were out til 4am learning the fine art of Bowfishing. That's another story.....

Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 36007
Less than 30 minutes in to the ride we did this.Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346033531.058749.jpg
Views: 2511
Size:  80.0 KB

Which really didn't do much damage.
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346033575.059252.jpg
Views: 2526
Size:  116.1 KB

Old 08-26-2012, 07:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 36007
I'll be making some "personalization" changes including ARB's front and rear with taller gears, good seats like PRPs (to replace the cruel poly seats that are installed now), new trac bar, rework dash bars so my knees and shins don't get beat up so bad, and a list of other small items. Ronnie built this rig to be simple and reliable and I intend to stay with that theme. We will play with this rig and prep it for our "backup" KOH EMC car just in case we have issues with our EB project which is way behind schedule due to parts availability problems.

Last edited by mtbrjon; 08-27-2012 at 03:33 AM.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Not a Wenzelite

Member # 44480
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrjon View Post
I'll be making some "personalization" changes including ARB's front and rear with taller gears, good seats like PRPs (to replace the cruel poly seats that are installed now), new trac bar, rework dash bars so my knees and shins don't get beat up so bad, and a list of other small items including generous areas of diamond plate and green paint. Ronnie built this rig to be simple and reliable and I intend to stay with that theme.

Quote:
We will play with this rig and prep it for our "backup" KOH EMC car just in case we have issues with our EB project which is way behind schedule due to parts availability problems

Very cool.

-
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2012, 03:40 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 36007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT4Runner View Post

Very cool.
Nice edit. Yes green paint! No diamond plate!

x2

Last edited by mtbrjon; 08-28-2012 at 03:41 AM.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:51 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 36007
Anybody have or know of a ARB for sale? I have one but I want to do front and rear.

Old 09-04-2012, 06:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 92235
The guy who bought mine took the ARB out the rear. I will check with him on price. Will need the copper hose replaced.

Cool to see you back in the Ftoy game. Curious how long I will stay away.

My Ftoy was the most capable rig I have ever seen. Dollar for Dollar it will be hard to beat the Ftoy combo.

Willl see how the v8 deal does in about 2 weeks.
Were getting close
Old 09-07-2012, 02:54 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 36007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftoy507 View Post
The guy who bought mine took the ARB out the rear. I will check with him on price. Will need the copper hose replaced.

Cool to see you back in the Ftoy game. Curious how long I will stay away.

My Ftoy was the most capable rig I have ever seen. Dollar for Dollar it will be hard to beat the Ftoy combo.

Willl see how the v8 deal does in about 2 weeks.
Were getting close
Yes please let me know on the locker.

Oh you'll love the V8 but you'll miss the simplicity of the Ftoy. I ride mountain bikes and I have a few bikes. My "good" bike is a fully decked out Dean 29er but I mostly ride my single speed. Why? It's just simple and fun. I can do just as much as s guy in a fully geared bike with less. Ftoy is no different. We should meet for a trail ride after you get your ride done. I'll do my best to make you look bad in my little Toyota buggy!!

Old 09-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 92235
Quote:

I'll do my best to make you look bad in my little Toyota buggy!!
That will not be hard to do!

Will check on locker next week. Butch is going with me on new car test run.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:14 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 105784
I hope you show up to KOH with a rig that has been driven before you get there. LOL It would be nice to shop up and just have fun for a change.

Last edited by 88jp; 09-10-2012 at 09:18 PM.
88jp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 92235
Quote:
That will not be hard to do!

Will check on locker next week. Butch is going with me on new car test run.
V6 third with ARB.
Will need gears and ARB copper hose assembly installed,

will include new arb copper hose assembly

PM an offer plus shipping.

Last edited by ftoy507; 09-11-2012 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Typo
ftoy507 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2012, 09:12 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 36007
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88jp View Post
I hope you show up to KOH with a rig that has been driven before you get there. LOL It would be nice to shop up and just have fun for a change.
Agree!!!

Missed you at the Rubicon.

Old 09-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 36007
Quote:
V6 third with ARB.

Pm sent

Old 09-18-2012, 10:56 AM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 27286
Send a message via AIM to toyotanuts
nice
toyotanuts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2012, 05:32 AM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 36007
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotanuts View Post
nice
Still got David's Ftoy around? I'd love to do an East coast Ftoy ride.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:59 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 105784
Any updates.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:53 AM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 36007
Quote:
Any updates.
Yes. I spent a week riding mountain bikes near LA with Hobie then we rode the Rubicon Trail on our mountain bikes to the Marlin Roundup where there were at least 5 Hendrix chassis. My first time there. Had a blast, hung out with friends I don't get to see very often. Thanks Dad for hauling in all the food and drink for us!!!!! Then back home to work my ass off at the shop for a few days. Now I'm in FLA with my wife and daughter chillin at the beach. Oh the Ftoy is sitting at home with the same dirt we got on it at our Cookeville ride and probably going to stay that way for at least another month.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 27286
Send a message via AIM to toyotanuts
Quote:
Still got David's Ftoy around? I'd love to do an East coast Ftoy ride.
yes, in his barn
toyotanuts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2012, 05:59 AM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 36007
Quote:
V6 third with ARB.

You have a PM!

Anybody got a phone number for Wes?

Old 10-25-2012, 11:50 AM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 36007
Dash rework.....check
Better seats mounted......check

Got winch to mount and idea for new countersunk side body panels out of some aluminum composite material that my buddy at the sign shop turned me on to. He has a big "router table" that cuts from cad program. Once we get templates made he should be able to easily knock them out. I'll post up more info and pics when they're done.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 124334
Looks great!
Old 10-26-2012, 06:25 AM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 36007
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunchr1 View Post
Looks great!
Thanks!

I had considered hood bars until I took off the hood you built. I stood on it and even jumped up and down and it hardly moved! I may ad some bracing under it to "tie in" the front and rear to the sides then add a hinge and latches since my scrawny arse can hardly remove it without help....

I have 2 ARBs and will set up with 4.56 gears then switch the duals out to a single 4.7 case to improve front and rear driveline lengths/angles.

I love Ftoys! I think that regardless of what other rigs I build I'll keep this since it's so simple and fun.

Last edited by mtbrjon; 10-26-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:57 AM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 36007
Rode Superlift ORV in Hot Springs, AR. FT522 did much better for me with the improved ergonomics.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:27 PM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 136617
Quote:
Less than 30 minutes in to the ride we did this.Attachment 692440

Which really didn't do much damage.
Attachment 692441
No, no, the gear oil fumes must have gotten to you. That was at the 45 minute mark. I dont think we got any pictures of the flop at the 30 min mark.

Quote:
Who in there right mind would do something like that. Thats just dumb.

runnerboyy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in