Pirate 4x4 banner

2 seat chassis with 4 seats

7K views 29 replies 8 participants last post by  bluzuk80 
#1 ·
I know there's a thread or maybe 2 on this already but I suck at searching particularly with my phone. I want to see how you fit 4 seats in to your 2 seat Ftoy or X-chassis. Pics if you got em. Thx !

#4 · (Edited)
#9 · (Edited)
I believe Brian Ellinger is shoehorning a bench in his, too.
Edit:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/toyo...-progressing-improvements-2.html#post13961412

My fold + tumble tj jeep seat is 40" wide at the foam, but it's frame will sit between toy frame rails. I have to cut out the round crossmember it sits on now and will push it back ~4" for legroom and drop it the same 4" or a bit more. Bottom of seat will be at bottom of frame.
I will have to move my shocks and fuel back the same 4". At that point, I will probably move my fuel tank all the way back or make a custom cell that takes the Toy pump and sender.

#12 ·
#14 ·
When i built mine i added the rear seat bar option. Then when i went back and added the jeep seat i wished that i had used a straight bar mounted farther back.That would have allowed me to move the seat back and gave more leg room. The seat was just a bit wider than the bends in the bar. I have had adults ride in the back but its usually chicks. I mean female friends of the family.., or cousins... or my sister yeah thats the ticket deff not chicks.

#15 ·
I know mine's a little different because its a 4 sweater to begin with but I ran a PRP seat for a Razor. I had them make it a little wider to fully use the width of the Toyota. The Razor seat works well because of the shorter seat area (from front of the seat to the vertical area). I'm actually considering selling my rear bench seat and just putting a single seat. The bench is a tight fit for adults.

#17 ·
That's sort of why I'm thinking of the single suspension seat in the rear center so that person has a little more leg room between the front seats. I'd make a place to rest your feet above the rear case output.

#18 ·
I planned mine as a 4 seater from the start. I was going to not move the engine back at all but after measuring i went the full 8 inches. then i tried to fit a ice chest in the back an d it didnt fit anywhere. So i made it a station wagon. i made the 36 inch master craft bench easy to remove when no one is riding and the ice chest goes in that spot. The back seat can fit two small adults.

#25 ·
Maybe I'm getting older and wiser?

More likely I just don't give a shit any more and/or I know I can put it back like original if for some reason I want to. The older I get the more my motto becomes
"if it ain't fun I ain't doin it". Not being able to carry enough people and stuff is becoming Un-fun as is breaking axle parts. So I'm working to eliminate that which is Un-fun.

#27 ·
If I'm ever in a comp legal Ftoy and at a comp I don't think I would care if one of my competitors had a 4 seater with a bunch of extra tubes legal or not.....

That's not to say that anything goes. Narrowing or eliminating tubes is a different ball game.

#29 · (Edited)
Yea I've busted every 5.29 I've ever had. I just got a good deal on a ARB with a 5.29 and a spool with a 5.29 for a spare. I'm hoping I can make them last a few rides until I get the tons ready. Plus everybody wants 5.29s so I'm thinking they will sell easier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.