Ftoy report We-rock Sequatchie TN 07 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Toyota - Formula Toy Forum
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2007, 11:52 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 36007
Ftoy report We-rock Sequatchie TN 07

On Saturday at the 2nd round of the We-rock East in Sequatchie TN it was slick, tight, and a seriously fun. Most rigs had a hard time clearing the first gates and many didn't finish a course the entire day. Our first course C4 had a seriously large off camber boulder with a tree at the base to lean on. Several Mod Stocks whooped on the tree and I don't think any cleared it. We leaned on the tree and it broke then we got stuck on it and timed out. I don't think Rob in the other Ftoy that attended had much better a time of it. Next was C1 where we cleared all the gates but apparently touched a "do not touch" banner for an extra 10 pts. I don't think Rob had such a good time on this course. Off to C3 where we had some trouble. My spotter's (brother James was filling in for April) radio or headset quit and he couldn't hear me telling him I thought we were about to flop......then we did. Fell off a 4-5 ft ledge on the passenger side and couldn't get it back on the tires due to being stuck between the ledge and a big log. Here's the only pic I have from the weekend.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I wanna get me a truck and soop it up with some metal!" -Wingo
mtbrjon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2007, 12:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 36007
Only slightly tweeked the "vent window" bar and added a couple small scratches. Gotta love the East coast and all this loamy dirt that partly covers most of the nasty rocks. Not sure how Rob did on C2. I was admittedly a little ticked off on C3 but we made it thru that one as well.

Sunday: Yipee it's sunny and dry. Back to C4 and that damn big boulder but no tree to lean on and we run the course backward. No big problem until we try to line up on the boulder. It was ugly but we got 3 wheels thru and on to C1. No real problems from here on out. Watched Rob on C2 and he did great easily clearing the bonus gate and obviously getting the hang of his rig and his temporary spotter-GOOD JOB!

More lessons learned. Thanks again to all the other teams for advice and support. Thanks to the Kleins and all their crew and volunteers.

Hoping to get more pics.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2007, 02:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 292
Sounds like you had a good time. 2 down, 3 to go.
X-Chassis #12
6 time KOH finisher
2008/2009 W.E. Rock West Coast Series Champion
2008 Pro Rock Champion
Just "HAMMER" it!!
My Buildup
desertoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2007, 07:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 16333
Send a message via AIM to RedNeckRea Send a message via MSN to RedNeckRea
good to meet ya jon. sorry bout the bad luck on saturday with that tree. overall it seemed like your rig was workin real well.

hopefully jellico will be a bit better. and maybe your normal spotter will be back out.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 90703
Sounds like a good time dude, Hopefully i'll be there with you guys next year as soon i get my f-toy done.
F-550 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2007, 09:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 81150
Glad to hear your updates!

See you in Texas!!!
PTM Racing #37
Craig Thompson
Spotter: Red Dragon

2010 CalRocs Champion
2011 Cal-Neva Champion

TK1
Artworkz
Any7
Tom Woods
YELLOWHOBO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2007, 10:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
a2b

Member # 22547
great jon. so there were 2 ftoys? paul had emailed me and told me he was going. mabey he's going to the next one. dont know. is rob going to the next one? if so, we could have 3 ftoys which would be great. - hobie
a2b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2007, 02:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
Pf

Member # 54195
I was unable to make it so Rob took 09 there and was driving. He said it was a good learning experience. We are going to change a few things on the buggy and then be at the next one.
Pf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2007, 02:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
a2b

Member # 22547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pf View Post
I was unable to make it so Rob took 09 there and was driving. He said it was a good learning experience. We are going to change a few things on the buggy and then be at the next one.
oh okay. good deal. i would really like to see it in person. here's a pic of #09 getting loaded onto trailer

Old 05-17-2007, 03:32 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 36007
Sorry I didn't have any more info on your rig Paul. 09 so you guys have had this rig for a while? I think with the couple upgrades we discussed you'll have a much better time in Jellico. Maybe your entire team can make it, that would help.

Does anyone know the chassis # of the other chassis on that trailer?

Old 05-17-2007, 03:54 AM   #11 (permalink)
a2b

Member # 22547
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrjon View Post

yep #10....it came after #9
Old 05-17-2007, 05:21 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 36007
Oh that guy. I was hoping to find another East coaster.

Old 05-17-2007, 10:38 AM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 51823
great job

I had a good time watching you guys and followed you all day Saturday...The terrain was pretty slick. Me and a couple buddies talked quite a bit w/ mtbrjon and we appreciated him taking the time to talk to us. Good luck in Jellico. I will be going to the 4runner jambo which is the same weekend in Tellico, why they scheduled it that way I will never know. Maybe after I put a few more dents in the Runner I will order the chassis.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:53 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 3196
Here a few pics of #09. Nevermind the 18 on the hood. WE Rock wanted a number so I put that on the sheet. Then later when I looked at Jons, his said F Toy #48 (I think), thats when I realized that these are all numbered.

Anyway, we had a blast, and despite a few issues (new driver, new spotter, first comp, carburetor, blah, blah, dog ate my home work, etc) did ok.

I will say that comps are a lot harder than "trail riding" but I was super amazed at how cool all of the competitors were.

See ya in Jellico!

Rob
Attached Images

UTV #1999
Husqvarna 400 #19

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]MJ Motorsports[/COLOR]
yield2me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2007, 05:51 AM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 36007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdee00 View Post
I had a good time watching you guys and followed you all day Saturday...The terrain was pretty slick. Me and a couple buddies talked quite a bit w/ mtbrjon and we appreciated him taking the time to talk to us. Good luck in Jellico. I will be going to the 4runner jambo which is the same weekend in Tellico, why they scheduled it that way I will never know. Maybe after I put a few more dents in the Runner I will order the chassis.
TOY AUTOS KICK ASS

All you manual tranny guys ignore this.

Old 05-18-2007, 02:17 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 3196
Here is a good one coming down the bonus on C2

Still interested in that other chassis!!

Rob
Attached Images

UTV #1999
Husqvarna 400 #19

Old 05-18-2007, 02:28 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 51823
Quote:
TOY AUTOS KICK ASS

All you manual tranny guys ignore this.

Word....I wouldn't trade mine for a manual anyday.....Some people just dont believe us though
Old 05-20-2007, 01:36 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 51614
Good to see you had a better day on Sunday John. The courses were so slick it made for great action. Really good to see another ftoy at the event. I got SN 508 rollin yesterday (looks sick on 42 iroks on the h1 wheels) and as soon as I get the DUI distrubter it will be running on propane, just gotta get the seats and floor in, dshafts, ram, etc. See you at the Jellico event to cheer you and the other ftoys on.
superpile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2007, 01:53 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 36007
Quote:
Originally Posted by superpile View Post
Good to see you had a better day on Sunday John. The courses were so slick it made for great action. Really good to see another ftoy at the event. I got SN 508 rollin yesterday (looks sick on 42 iroks on the h1 wheels) and as soon as I get the DUI distrubter it will be running on propane, just gotta get the seats and floor in, dshafts, ram, etc. See you at the Jellico event to cheer you and the other ftoys on.
Great to hear your progress. Have you started a build thread? You need to do that so everyone can critique your fab work and give you crap, I mean give you advice. Next year we want at least 4-5 rigs at every comp. We're starting a 2nd Ftoy soon.

42 Iroks! Holy Axle Snappin Crap! I've had my 40's on mine and it looks good but I like the hook up of my little 37's just fine and lower c.o.g..

Old 05-20-2007, 02:00 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 3370
Quote:
Sorry I didn't have any more info on your rig Paul. 09 so you guys have had this rig for a while? I think with the couple upgrades we discussed you'll have a much better time in Jellico. Maybe your entire team can make it, that would help.

so what are the needed upgrades... fill us is in
Old 05-20-2007, 04:54 PM   #21 (permalink)
Pf

Member # 54195
Pretty basic stuff: fuel, tires and brakes. We never got the carb set where it needed to be and we were not running a pressure regulater; so it flooded if it was nose up for any period of time. We were also running super swampers 5-8# psi without beadlocks. The sticky tires and psi others were running was gripping alot better than what we could do. We also had an issue with the front brakes. Not sure why; but the lack braking ability doesn't help much.
Right now it looks like propane is in the future, still looking at the wheel and tire issue. The biggest thing was just experience. I asn't able to go so Rob was the one driving the buggy and that was his first time driving it. He is 6'2 and I am 5'9 so it was real cramped for him.
There are alot of small things that need to be done to increase performance.
Pf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2007, 05:24 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 3196
I am 6' 4" and 245# Fawker Dont short me those 2 inches!

Gonna give Fatty a call tomorrow. I will call ya when I find something out.

Rob
UTV #1999
Husqvarna 400 #19

Old 05-20-2007, 05:31 PM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 51614
Quote:
Great to hear your progress. Have you started a build thread? You need to do that so everyone can critique your fab work and give you crap, I mean give you advice. Next year we want at least 4-5 rigs at every comp. We're starting a 2nd Ftoy soon.

42 Iroks! Holy Axle Snappin Crap! I've had my 40's on mine and it looks good but I like the hook up of my little 37's just fine and lower c.o.g..
Yeah, snap crack pop, guess we'll see how well the 30 kit holds up unless someone wants to trade for a set of sticky 37's, but the 42's are paid for and brand new so on they went. I thought about doing a thread but I don't make enough solid progress to do a build thread in any order or speed, I've asked alot of questions on here though to get a good general idea.
Rob hope you and your team make the jellico event, john gets lonely out on the courses. Good effort on the spotter turned driver though. Props to him.
superpile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2007, 07:11 PM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 3196
Thanks man.....

It "should" be me spotting and Paul driving at Jellico.

I know Jon gets lonely, and we dont want him to get scarred with all of the Jeeps in the Stock Mod class he has to follow around!!!

Rob
UTV #1999
Husqvarna 400 #19

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in