3" buggy springs? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Toyota - Formula Toy Forum
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2010, 10:29 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 143278
3" buggy springs?

so ive been searching for a complete set (front and rear) of 3" all pro buggy springs for about the last 8 months but cant find any at all so i figured id come ask the f toy guy if anyone has a set that they are willing to part with please pm me thanks
Old 12-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Not a Wenzelite

Member # 44480
Set on AP's?
I've been happy with my Davez Offroad 3.5" springs with 1 leaf removed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2010, 12:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 143278
i guess im not stuck on ap's but my buddy has a set of ap's and i love the way they work, there the best all aroung spring ive seen (in my opinion) im basicly looking for a spring 2 keep me low that flexs good and that i can still run through the desert without beatin me and my truck up.

Old 12-16-2010, 12:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Not a Wenzelite

Member # 44480
TG's worked well for a lot of people, but when more and more bent, the warranty sort of dried up.

I've got probably only 300 (all trail) miles on my Davez springs, including 85mi of racing. I started with RUF packs all the way around, they flexed great, but I bottomed out a lot and got beat up. The Davez leafs are higher, but still flex well, and only bottom out on huge hits. No matter what, leafs will still beat you up in the desert!

(I'm running the 3.5" Davez pack in the rear, and a buddy's used AP 5" set up front with 2 leafs out). I do agree the AP's are great leaves.
Is AP out of buggy leaves, or are you just trying to find used to save some coin?
http://www.allprooffroad.com/pickups...kupleafsprings

Call Dave. He would give you an honest answer how his springs compare to AP's.

-
Old 12-16-2010, 02:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 143278
ap doesnt make the buggy springs anymore, ill call dave and see what his comparisons are, im runnin tg 5" springs, after the last trip i took 2 leafs out of each pack to get it lower and maybe softin up the springsbut i havent had the chance 2 run em since then
Old 12-18-2010, 07:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 36007
Has everyone that's bent TG springs had leaves removed? I would think in that configuration and when competing it's probably a good idea to replace them every season or so.

"I wanna get me a truck and soop it up with some metal!" -Wingo
mtbrjon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2010, 09:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
a2b

Member # 22547
flex good = up travel

build your buggy with low COG in mind. not, build the buggy, oh wait, its too tall, now lets run flat springs to keep it "low"
a2b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2010, 09:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 143278
who said anything about building a buggy??? i have a truck, i was just asking if anyone had any buggy springs because i like the way they work
Old 12-20-2010, 12:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Not a Wenzelite

Member # 44480

Well, 83crawlyota, you did ask in the FToy section!

That info might have been helpful. You do say you've got an '85 in your .sig, but your username is 83crawlyota; who are we to know you might have also bought an FToy and forgotten to update your sig!!

"Hey guys, I've been running AP buggy leafs on my full-bodied rig. They don't make them anymore. Any of you FToy peeps have any suggestions?"

-
Old 12-20-2010, 03:26 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 97393
Hey. I got a set. But they are on my truck. And they aren't. For sale.
I'm the reason he's lookin for them. I'm running ap buggys on my full bodied rig and. Since they were designed for a light weight buggy like an ftoy that is why he asked about them in here.
84socal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2010, 03:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Not a Wenzelite

Member # 44480
did you get a chance to talk to Dave yet?

Call AP and see who made their springs. If it was Alcan or Deaver, you could go direct to them??

-

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in