3rd gen antiwrap bar, or shims? I got the vibes..... - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Toyota - Tacoma
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2019, 02:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 99991
3rd gen antiwrap bar, or shims? I got the vibes.....

anyone ever do an antiwrap bar for a 3rd gen, I have a 2016 tacoma DCSB TRD OR.

Getting vibes while driving 40-65mph, and I believe its from the rear axle.. used to be only during hard braking, but now seems to be while cruising along, and while coasting down hills.. truck has about 26k miles on it.. only mods are the 1.25" wheel spacers I put on a few weeks ago. and my wheeling gear/boxes in the bed (about 200lbs)

I know about the TSB, and have mentioned it to the dealer the 2 times I have been there... bought the truck in october of last year used with 20k miles on it.. love the truck, but the vibes are irritating..

I'm to the point I'm about to get a set of 4* shims and see if they will fix the issue, and check my u-joints. dealer tried to tell me the fix was replacing the u-joints.. when the TSB for vibrations under braking is a new set of updated leafs that correct the pinion angle..

eventually i plan to put on an AAL, to gain 2" rear, and new coils up front for nearly 3" (planning on winch bumper weight, as well as other gear/armour to settle it).
killahxftjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2019, 08:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 165420
I can’t get enough info from your post to make a decision on whether or not it’s axle wrap you’re facing here. But if you’re sure, tmr make some nice universal track bar kits.
Old 06-02-2019, 04:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 134112
trying shimming the carrier bearing
Trailertruck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2019, 10:11 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 145344
have you measured the pinion angle to find out if it actually needs shims?
theytookmyname is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in