Toyota Racer #4611: KOH Stock Class Build - Page 28 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Toyota - Truck and 4Runner
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2016, 06:13 PM   #676 (permalink)

Member # 166048
Josh Roach

79 pickup 2rz, w56, dualed, e-locked, caged and injected :smokin:[/COLOR]
Build Thread-ish
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by jroach3210; 01-26-2016 at 06:14 PM.
jroach3210 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2016, 06:23 PM   #677 (permalink)
Mr. DJ

Member # 85595
Charlie Wenzel..........

04 Rubicant Ultra4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My precious.... 72 K5 Blazer

web wheeler...
DJ404564X4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2016, 06:37 PM   #678 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 3835
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ404564X4 View Post
Charlie Wenzel..........

Yours I already know...

If that's what you want it to say though

Special Thanks to:
, West Kern Environmental Consulting,
desertPOS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2016, 07:22 PM   #679 (permalink)

Member # 40301
Kris Scrivens
Old 01-27-2016, 10:51 PM   #680 (permalink)

Member # 203479
Well...back to the Livestream I go.
I can't afford to go because I gave all my lunch money to you Chris so you can race

Shit kidding. Plans didnt work out, so i'll just have to stream it
Old 01-27-2016, 11:56 PM   #681 (permalink)

Member # 41156
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndefinedTaco View Post
Well...back to the Livestream I go.
I can't afford to go because I gave all my lunch money to you Chris so you can race

Shit kidding. Plans didnt work out, so i'll just have to stream it
Bah...went to a great cause
Old 01-30-2016, 01:50 PM   #682 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 3835
Well, quick update. Felt like taking a step forward and two steps back for a day or two there, but had to redo a couple things.

When I had my axle apart a couple weeks ago, found a broken tooth on the rear ring gear, and a funky wear pattern. Apparently it's not good for the r&p to drive with low or no oil in the diff

Put the axle all together and was just going to run it for trail riding, but as soon as it was clear that we were racing, I knew I needed to deal with it. Send the diff off to Yotamasters - they got it set up with a new r&p in record time, and my brother picked it up from them yesterday morning and brought it up. Also picked up a new set of front springs, bushings, and front axle rebuild kit with some new wheel bearings.

Rear axle is all reassembled and done. Next setback was checking fluids in the tcases/tranny - rear tcase drainplug/oil was nice and clean, no metal. Front tcase drainplug was COVERED in steel shavings, and had large flakes mixed in the oil

So, tcases had to come out.

One of the bearings was eating itself alive in there. Luckily I had a replacement bearing right there in the shop, swapped it out, and got everything back together...

Tcases are all back together, reinstalled in truck, filled with oil and DONE. Spent some time cutting welding shifters so their a little more ergonomic to use - was a pain in the ass shifting them last year. Little things...

Took both driveshafts apart, cleaned all old grease out, filed any burrs or rough spots on the splines, and put back together with fresh grease in the splines and pumped some grease into all the ujoints.

Got belly skid back on, rear dshaft installed, tracbar installed. Tracbar will be seeing some modification today, then just have to rebuild front axle and get the new front springs on... Looking good, and feeling good after getting RA/tcase issues dealt with

Special thanks to Yotamasters for the super fast turnaround on my diff and other parts. They even through in a set of Old Man Emu bushings for the front - apparently they're the shit

Special Thanks to:
Old 01-30-2016, 02:06 PM   #683 (permalink)

Member # 45
Kick ass update.
When are you hitting the road ?

Swedish American :usa:
rugburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2016, 02:20 PM   #684 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Member # 138976
nice

freedom of choice is what you have, freedom from choice is what you want

keep your head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums
Provience is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2016, 05:31 PM   #685 (permalink)

Member # 19077
You are going to like those OME bushings Chris. They are better than any others we have used. Good luck. See you thurdsay.
Old 02-02-2016, 04:20 AM   #686 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 3835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Volume View Post
You are going to like those OME bushings Chris. They are better than any others we have used. Good luck. See you thurdsay.
They seem a lot 'harder' than the normal bushings - I like that. We'll see how they do. Last year the only thing in the front spring eyes was a bolt and air - no bushing to be found. We'll see how these do

I don't have much in the way of pics, but thought I'd update. I'll have a better update later today. Other than throwing some nitrogen in the rear shocks, suspension is 100% done.

Tracbar was under an extreme amount of tension, and I think it was causing the rear springs to not be able to cycle the way they should, and wear out more quickly. Decided to make a little tweak:

No finished pics, you'll just have to use your imagination

Biggest things left to do are bleed brakes, and replace valve stems in 3 more tires. Then just a lot of little things. Should be loaded on the trailer and KOH bound late tonight or early tomorrow morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMKYTXN View Post
And I was serious about sending some of my magnetic koozies your way. PM me your addy when you get a chance.

Magnetic koozies from Trail Toys | Trail Toys
Thanks! They don't seem strong enough to hold a beer to the dash while racing, unfortunately, but are a big hit in the shop

Special Thanks to:
Old 02-02-2016, 05:37 AM   #687 (permalink)
YANHFUYAB

Member # 463786
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertPOS View Post
Thanks! They don't seem strong enough to hold a beer to the dash while racing, unfortunately, but are a big hit in the shop

Glad to see you're getting some use out of them. Good luck getting things wrapped up and out the door.

And the electromagnet version of the koozies was tossed due to high battery drain.

SMKYTXN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2016, 02:40 PM   #688 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 3835
Steeker update! I was slightly sleep deprived and in a rush to get this made - if I left anyone's name off the list I sincerely apologize. Post up, and I'll write it on the hood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndefinedTaco View Post

I want a sticker on the truck that says

' "Fuck your buggy" - Justin '

You want it you got it. I tweaked it a bit though...

Special Thanks to:
Old 02-02-2016, 02:47 PM   #689 (permalink)

Member # 203479
HOLY FAWK...I am dying of laughter at work and people are staring at me thinking I'm crazier then I already am
That is AWESOME!!

Fuck yeah can't wait till Thurs to watch now
Old 02-02-2016, 02:54 PM   #690 (permalink)

Member # 19077
I need the Ricky sticker!!!!
Old 02-02-2016, 02:58 PM   #691 (permalink)
YANHFUYAB

Member # 463786
That's awesome!

Old 02-02-2016, 02:58 PM   #692 (permalink)

Member # 145042
Nice!
Old 02-02-2016, 04:08 PM   #693 (permalink)

Member # 41156
Awesome! love it!
Old 02-02-2016, 06:12 PM   #694 (permalink)

Member # 143131
Wish I was seeing it in person.
xj chopper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2016, 07:27 PM   #695 (permalink)

Member # 166048
Shit yea!

79 pickup 2rz, w56, dualed, e-locked, caged and injected :smokin:[/COLOR]
Build Thread-ish
jroach3210 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2016, 06:35 AM   #696 (permalink)

Member # 45
Good Luck out there !!!!!

Swedish American :usa:
rugburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2016, 09:15 AM   #697 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 3835
Ready for battle...

Special Thanks to:
Old 02-04-2016, 09:28 AM   #698 (permalink)
YANHFUYAB

Member # 463786
Good luck!

That was Chris starting in the 2nd to last group, correct? I'm not seeing 4611 on the live tracker though.

Last edited by SMKYTXN; 02-04-2016 at 09:35 AM.
Old 02-04-2016, 09:57 AM   #699 (permalink)

Member # 140656
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMKYTXN View Post
Good luck!

That was Chris starting in the 2nd to last group, correct? I'm not seeing 4611 on the live tracker though.
Same. They're not popping up on live tracker. I saw them take off. What happened to your tracker?
Pirate Joe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2016, 10:15 AM   #700 (permalink)
YANHFUYAB

Member # 463786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Joe View Post
Same. They're not popping up on live tracker. I saw them take off. What happened to your tracker?
At least we know he's out there!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in