Pirate 4x4 banner

extra cab space ideas?

2K views 24 replies 20 participants last post by  OOP'S 
#1 ·
you guys have any cool ideas of what i can do with the space behind my seats in my extra cab pickup?

#9 ·
I made a sub/toolbox in mine. I didn't renue my star yet so I don't think I can post any pics. Send me a pm with your email and I'll send some pics to you. You can post them if you would like, or if anybody else can do it.

#11 ·
PM'ed

2nd Gen xtra cab?..... put two 30 packs back there. 3rd Gen extra cab?.....put two 18 year olds back there.

You're welcome
yea its a 2nd gen. i still have the factory shelf back there but i feel liek its so useless. i wanna have something with either a lid so i can store stuff inside and then i want the top to have a big lip so that it actually keeps stuff from sliding around. OR just build a new sturdier shelf altogether with a large enough lip

#12 ·
I plan to build a box for mine one that will hold 2 tens on one side uppside down so I can still put my coat gear (maybe an action packer) and then on the other have a shelf to hold shit tickets gloves ect. then underneath have my spare birfields and fluids. things that don't get accessed all the time and have my fire ext. in the middle

#13 ·
I wish mine was an extra cab. Since it's pretty useless as an actual seating area, it's perfect to make a flat bottom for Fido to ride back there or to store whatever gear you need for off-roading so you don't have to worry about your shit getting stolen when you run in to the store.

But, it would also be cool to make a false floor to be able to store shit underneath it like my rifle so, once again, it's not just visible when I run in to a store and have it get stolen.

#21 ·
I would just put a high lift.
worst idea yet, last thing i want is the jack to be in the back of the cab when i need it...

Your only option.

Speakers are dumb because with a 3.5 front speakers, and 6.5 rears. The acoustics is all off, especially with no doors
you clearly don't know anything about "acoustics" do you

now i am thinking maybe i will mount some jump seats back there so i can have two more people ride with me in the back

#22 ·
When I was a kid, dad put a jump seat in the back of his '85.
When I was 5, he admitted there wasn't enough room back there.

When I had a second gen xtra cab, I kept a dog and a sub box back there.
In my third gen xtra cabs, I usually keep two or three dogs back there.

#24 ·
Stuff a couple old tube socks and a 80's Hustler mag back there... 8=👊=D

Maybe a boom box that plugs into your cigarette lighter? That would b neat.

How about a mini McDonald's style ball pit?

Honestly, what were you looking to get out of this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.