A340 trans question - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Toyota - Truck and 4Runner
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2017, 03:48 PM   #51 (permalink)

Member # 199301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisin View Post
Nice bit of info. I have a 5 speed sitting in the basement but am now considering an auto.
I was planning to throw a 5 speed behind my 3.4 but ended using the auto that was there, I read a lot on here and found many people like the setup. So far I am really enjoying the auto. Only thing I do miss is high RPM clutch drops. I dont feel the auto is as responsive as I want it to be. Maybe a shift kit would help with this.

I run a 2.28 front and 4.7 rear with 5.29's on 39.5's. Other than its kinda fun/cool to crawl at such a low ratio I dont think it will ever be needed.

I do a lot of snow weelin and a big tranny cooler was definitely a must for this setup.
CarportMechanic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2017, 03:56 PM   #52 (permalink)

Member # 416682
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarportMechanic View Post
I was planning to throw a 5 speed behind my 3.4 but ended using the auto that was there, I read a lot on here and found many people like the setup. So far I am really enjoying the auto. Only thing I do miss is high RPM clutch drops. I dont feel the auto is as responsive as I want it to be. Maybe a shift kit would help with this.

I run a 2.28 front and 4.7 rear with 5.29's on 39.5's. Other than its kinda fun/cool to crawl at such a low ratio I dont think it will ever be needed.

I do a lot of snow weelin and a big tranny cooler was definitely a must for this setup.
Couldn't agree more.. although I've only got one run on mine so far I really like it. You might try the transgo shift kit.. I put that in mine from the get go so I've no personal experience without but Rory at RADesigns highly recommended it.
lostbuckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2017, 11:46 AM   #53 (permalink)

Member # 210689
is everyone using the Winters shifter with RADesigns adapter? I'm using the factory pistol shifter and some homemade electronics. I'm eyeing the RAD/Winters setup though.

Old 09-28-2017, 12:01 PM   #54 (permalink)

Member # 199301
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambertvr4 View Post
is everyone using the Winters shifter with RADesigns adapter? I'm using the factory pistol shifter and some homemade electronics. I'm eyeing the RAD/Winters setup though.
I run the stock shifter for going between P,R,N,D. Then have the RADesign Rail 2 to select the gear. I like how small and compact it is.

Ill see if I can remember to grab a pic tonight. Due to my dual case setup my T-case sticks are back about 6" from stock, I built a plate to cover the original hole and incorporated the Rail 2 into the plate so it sits right next to the stock unit.

Rail Controller this is the controller I use. Seems to be a good quality unit.

Last edited by CarportMechanic; 09-28-2017 at 12:12 PM.
CarportMechanic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2017, 12:06 PM   #55 (permalink)

Member # 416682
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarportMechanic View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambertvr4 View Post
I've got the Winters/Rad shifter w/the RAD triple sticks.. I've heard good things about his rail controller as well.

Last edited by lostbuckaroo; 09-28-2017 at 12:07 PM.
lostbuckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in