1GRFE 85 4 doors adventure 4Runner - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Toyota - Truck and 4Runner
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2016, 07:15 PM   #26 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 429
Love what your are doing. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Jack
locrwln is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2016, 04:19 PM   #27 (permalink)

Member # 78023
Thanks for the compliments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbiker4evr13 View Post
Awesome build, very interested in the R150 to 1GR bell housing situation. I have been looking into a 2GR swap lately but cant gather much on bell housing interchangeability.
R150F-1GRFE marriage.

After mesuring the R150F put on the V6 engine without the bell, the front of the of the A750F bell with the rear of the R150F were cuted and welded

I used a Hilux KUN 2.5L cluth flywheel. A spacer be putted on the center of the KUN clutch flywheel to fit on the cranshaft of the 1GRFE

The circumference was lowered to fit the of the ring gear automatic flexplate.

The center of the KUN Clutch flywheel was perfored to fit the bolts on the crankshaft.

The bolts used was from a 2RZFE clutch flywheel.

Now I can use a presure plate and a cluth disc from a Hilux KUN

Pilot bearing its from a 2RZFE crankshaft

I used the KUN clutch set, because its a comon replacement part in Chile.
Fourwheelrod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2016, 04:39 PM   #28 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 3132
Send a message via AIM to NOODLES Send a message via Yahoo to NOODLES
Have you looked into having a billet steel or aluminum flywheel machined with only one flywheel bolt to crankshaft pattern? Only problem I see so far is I think that flywheel is going to crack between the 2 sets of holes eventually.
NOODLES is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2016, 05:52 PM   #29 (permalink)

Member # 201216
Awesome build. I loved my 1st gen 4runner, but got rid of it to get a 2nd gen with 4 doors.
Billythekid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2016, 11:36 AM   #30 (permalink)

Member # 217829
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOODLES View Post
Have you looked into having a billet steel or aluminum flywheel machined with only one flywheel bolt to crankshaft pattern? Only problem I see so far is I think that flywheel is going to crack between the 2 sets of holes eventually.
Looks like plenty of meat between the holes. I don't think there will be an issue.
smracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2016, 12:14 PM   #31 (permalink)

Member # 156657
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by smracing View Post
Looks like plenty of meat between the holes. I don't think there will be an issue.
Some where i saw this scenario and the unused holes were filled by machined pins with a slight interference fit . Pins frozen and flywheel warmed up in the oven and they fit right in.
cryptic toy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2016, 02:27 PM   #32 (permalink)

Member # 78023
Quote:
I think that the mecanical flywheel from and FJ cruiser would fit on the R150F.... but it not exist as a auto part replacement in Chile. I could have imported it from USA va amazon or Ebay and include the presure plate and disc. The problem on that is that take a month or more for the parts arrive to Chile.
The clutch its a "fuse", a normal spare to change, and I cant wait a month or more every time that I would need to change it. So the most important reason to make an hybrid flywheel was to have the KUN clucth spare on every corner store in Chile.
As you said, the holes are a concern, and I did not welded and filled it, only for fear of losing the balance of the flywheel..... but still a concern.
A friend of mine did the same solution on his Hilux without problem untill now... does not mean that is not a failure point
Old 04-06-2016, 02:28 PM   #33 (permalink)

Member # 78023
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic toy View Post
Some where i saw this scenario and the unused holes were filled by machined pins with a slight interference fit . Pins frozen and flywheel warmed up in the oven and they fit right in.
Excellent, I will do that, Thanks!
Old 04-06-2016, 06:27 PM   #34 (permalink)

Member # 156657
Having those extra holes there is probably like having someone in the back seat telling you how to drive, be careful don't beat on it to hard I think the main concern would be any nicks in the old holes to act as a stress riser .
cryptic toy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2016, 10:15 AM   #35 (permalink)

Member # 561154
I dont think you will have any issues with the extra hole.
TurboKiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in