? About T.A.P recycling returns - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Toyota - Truck and 4Runner
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2000, 11:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 13
Send a message via ICQ to Loco Send a message via AIM to Loco Send a message via Yahoo to Loco
Unhappy ? About T.A.P recycling returns

Has anyone ever returned anything to T.A.P recycling? I had a friend pick up an IFS steering box for my X-over and they gave him the wrong one. I got a 2wd box that doesn't even fit on my frame, it's funky. The thing is that I don't have the receipt, but the pump still has the writting on it. So I'm wondering if they'll exchange it without the receipt.

------------------
Miguel
84 Toy, 35" Boggers, Marlin #476, Lock-rite, 5.29's, Warn 8274-50 winch with BR Fabworks Winch bumper!
Loco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2000, 12:39 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 715
Good luck homey, those guys are dicks. Sorry we didn't get to work on your power steering tonight. I would tell you the haneous story of how today went, but there isn't enough hosting space on the BB to fit the text. I did bring up your tow strap though. It's at Sab's house in the back of the little truck.

------------------
84' Toy p/u, 4:88's, ARB, Detroit, Marlin Crawler, birfield elim kit, Hysteer, HS9500i, onboard generator/welder, 35x16 boggs, etc.
Build it bulletproof. Bankruptcy is temporary, Wheelin is forever!
Aceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2000, 06:01 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 6
Send a message via ICQ to Brandon
they sold me the wrong part before - I looked and saw it was totally wrong and went right back - A$$ HOLES would not give me my money back! I will NEVER got to TAP again!

------------------
Brandon Miller
WWW.PIRATE4X4.COM

2 miles from the Rubicon..

brewery that is
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2000, 07:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Wicked Raciest !

Member # 30
TAP sucks on their return policy and the are way to high on there prices. They want $65.00 for one Aisin locking hub for a solid axle. How much did they charge you for the steering box?? They wanted $425.oo for a door for my truck and I got one at Antelope Foreign Wreckers for $125.00

------------------
David Fritzsche, 1990 Ex-Cab V-6, "NO-MO-IFS", Roseville, CA Gateway to the Sierra's. "Serenity Through Sobriety"
http://www.geocities.com/solid_4x4/
OOP'S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2000, 11:00 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 90
TAPS wanted $170 for a USED set of 5.29's. I couldnt believe it. Good luck getting them to exchange. They f*cked my buddy on a R&P set that he bought. The pinion gear had a huge crack in it, and we didnt notice until we got home. They took it back, but we just about had to go postal. Lucky for us, the store was full of customers, and we where making a huge seen

------------------
I have a lot of quality stereo stuff for sale. Check the 4sale section, or email me at [email protected] or call (530)677-4145
Nick Z is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2000, 11:19 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 41
TAP forgot that they are a junkyard, and want new prices for used parts. Plus, as you say, they are complete jerks.

------------------
Mark
82FB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2000, 11:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
4x4 Consultant

Member # 227
Angry

My brother works at Arrow truck parts here in the Bay Area. His boss says that its hard for any junk yards to get anything for Toyotas because TAP has all of its buyers buying everything and they are willing to pay more for a wreck and buy it before anyone can.... I have got a few parts from Todd at TAP when I was living in Folsom and he treated me pretty well? There prices are absolutly too high!!! Boycott em.

------------------
UGET IT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2000, 12:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Administrator

Member # 1
TAP makes J&W (Jeep autowrecker) look like the Dollar Tree! I wouldn't give TAP a red cent, them theiving assholes!

It amazes me that places like that survive. Treating customers like crap, overcharging them (putting it mildly) etc...

------------------
Lance Clifford
1970 FJ Foe-dee
Got Propane????
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2000, 12:42 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 778
This is why i like the BB. How i know not to buy anything from T.A.P. thanks guys....

------------------
84' Bobbed SR5, 7" of lift, 4.7:1 Marlin, 5.29's, all locked up, on 35's,
Stomper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2000, 01:15 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 59
I see I'm not the only one who feels this way about them!!! Does TAP stand for "Toyota Assholes, Priced highest" ??

TAP!!! Too bad that jet didn't crash on THEM!!

Lets start our own Toy junkyard. Make it a co-op so members get the best prices!

------------------
Erik Bibelheimer
http://home.off-road.com/~bibelheimer
ErikB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2000, 01:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Wicked Raciest !

Member # 30
Quote:
Originally posted by Lance:
TAP makes J&W (Jeep autowrecker) look like the Dollar Tree!
JW sucks also!!! I went in there looking to get some measurements on a YJ gas tank and the guy told me "we do not have anything that will work on a fucking Toyota" I just looked at him and said "bring your fucking jeeps on, I will match you wheel for wheel" and walked out. Funny part is now there is a "Runner" that sits out front all the time, I think the guy works there.

------------------
David Fritzsche, 1990 Ex-Cab V-6, "NO-MO-IFS", Roseville, CA Gateway to the Sierra's. "Serenity Through Sobriety"
http://www.geocities.com/solid_4x4/
OOP'S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2000, 01:16 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 926
i personally have worked at a yard on recycle road. everything you say about T.A.P. goes on at every yard down there. the prices are very high but they get it 'cause sometimes its hard to find the stuff elsewhere and alot of people are too lazy to do a little research. my recommendation is to stay away from ALL those yards. if you do go down there go to the ones who are not part of R.C.S.R. prices are a little better. also all the yards require a receipt for exchange or yard credit only. it is pretty rare to get your money back. good luck!!!!!

------------------
kbeerboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2000, 01:26 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 926
funny you say that OPP'S. i drive a (GASP!!!)jeep and a toy pickup. when i walked in the door at J&W one of the guys made a comment "you didn't just park that toyota in my parking lot." i don't like those guys down there at all and use them as a very last resort.

------------------

[This message has been edited by kbeerboy (edited 06-15-2000).]
kbeerboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2000, 04:57 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 177
I never have tried returning anything to TAP, but I once asked for a price on a "heater blower resistor", they wanted $24 I laughed in their faces and told them I'd rather have a new one especially sice the new part was way cheaper. The I ordered it from Jay Marks Toyota in Houston for $9.10

Screw TAP, I've never been back since...

------------------
Slick - 83' bobbed & lockt posuer-mall rig
Slick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2000, 05:55 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 90
Someone should seriously call them and have them check out the BB. Maybe that would change thier tone. Same with JW. If I owned a business, I would be scared shitless by people posting this. They deserve it though.

------------------
I have a lot of quality stereo stuff for sale. Check the 4sale section, or email me at [email protected] or call (530)677-4145
Old 06-15-2000, 06:04 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 13
Send a message via ICQ to Loco Send a message via AIM to Loco Send a message via Yahoo to Loco
Well it looks like i am screwed then. But I will try to go down there and see if they will exchange my box. After they do or don't exchange it I will tell them to look at this website and to click on this link so they know what's up.

------------------
Miguel
84 Toy, 35" Boggers, Marlin #476, Lock-rite, 5.29's, Warn 8274-50 winch with BR Fabworks Winch bumper!
Old 06-15-2000, 08:27 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 177
Quote:
Originally posted by Loco:
Well it looks like i am screwed then. But I will try to go down there and see if they will exchange my box. After they do or don't exchange it I will tell them to look at this website and to click on this link so they know what's up.

Be sure to post back & let us know how it turns out...

------------------
Slick - 83' bobbed & lockt posuer-mall rig
Slick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2000, 10:05 PM   #18 (permalink)
wes

Member # 168
Parts Natzis, I would not go to them if they had the last toyota in the world!

------------------
wes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2000, 04:52 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 13
Thumbs down

I just got back from TAP trying to exchange my IFS Box and no dice. They needed a reciept and he wouldn't even budge on trying to help me. Told me I should have kept my reciept and I should have known right away it was wrong. Then he pulled the 30 day no exchange policy thing on me and then proceded to ignore me and help the next customer. I even told him I would eat 50 bucks of the box and would pay the difference for the new box and he laughed and said no way. Well I know that I will never give them my business again!!!!!!!

------------------
Miguel
Old 06-17-2000, 05:02 PM   #20 (permalink)
RockCrawler

Member #
Had an excellent experience with Chevy world today, very nice guys - got 4 coil springs and 2 struts for a car I was workin on for $100 - not bad I'd say. Course they want $4500 for the LT1 and NV4500 I want but that is a different story..

------------------
Brandon Miller
WWW.PIRATE4X4.COM
83' Toy, 53' Jeep
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2000, 02:32 AM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 694
T.A.P. SUCKS!!!! They are over-priced rude jerks!

------------------
Nate C
Nate C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2000, 04:47 AM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 715
Everyone repeat after me: " I, Aceguy, hereby promise never, never, ever to walk into, call, get a quote from, do any business of any kind with, or even so much as say a single decent thing about TAP. I shall always use another method to get my parts, even if they are convenient at the time. I will tell of my and others' horrible experiences with them every chance I get to save others from the hell that we have been through with TAP. TAP is the lowest scum that retail has to offer." It's the new anti-TAP pledge of allegience. I suggest that it be spread to everyone you know to help end the pain. TAP!!

------------------
84' Toy p/u, 4:88's, ARB, Detroit, Marlin Crawler, birfield elim kit, Hysteer, HS9500i, onboard generator/welder, 35x16 boggs, etc.
Build it bulletproof. Bankruptcy is temporary, Wheelin is forever!
Aceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2000, 05:54 AM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 1130
Send a message via AIM to Dustinstoy
Cool

hey loco guess who Check out my profile and you will see. I will have to agree with every one else TAPS sucks and I have found that if you be an ASS to an ASS they seem to understand better so if you have problems with them just be a ASS hole just like they are.

------------------
95 toy extra cab 35" BFG 4:88 Air locker 7" lift It makes me smile
Dustinstoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2000, 10:18 AM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 90
He seriously laughed at you?! I would have knocked his ass out right then and there. What a bunch of punks! Your a nice guy Miguel, I would have gotten violent lol TAP

------------------
Old 06-18-2000, 03:51 PM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 13
I say we all gather at TAPs and go into the store and open a can of whoop ass on them untill they give me the right box. Hey dustin are you in town? I saw your truck by the parking garage a few days ago.

------------------
Miguel

[This message has been edited by Loco (edited 06-18-2000).]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in