Your Recent Toyota pics/ Trip Reports - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Toyota - Truck and 4Runner
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2017, 04:24 PM   #26 (permalink)
ADD

Member # 22080
Quote:
Originally Posted by zukijames View Post
Did you get it running better while you were down there? I posted on Facebook and tried to get some Locals to help ya.
nope, never did get it figured out. swapped the 2 vacuum lines on the distributor to up the rpms and just dealt with it all week
Old 01-15-2017, 04:54 PM   #27 (permalink)
Suzuki/Toyota Parts

Member # 80948
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJXJ View Post
We got a big cow about a mile as the crow flies from there. I drove back around to the main forest road and we had ourselves a nice downhill mile pack out. We weren't truck hunting by any means but the truck definitely made it way easier!
That's always nice when ya don't have to pack it out too far especially down hill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post

coming down the drop on steel bender in moab
More like going around the fall.. But that is way more sketchy! Kinda crazy how well traveled that line is IIRC it wasn't even there like 8 years ago.

Does it run fine now that you are home or still having issues?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check us out on Facebook

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us on instagram:

#lowrangeoffroad @Lowrangeoffroad

YOUR Suzuki and Toyota Parts SUPER SHOP. Over 7800 Products and Counting.

We ship WORLDWIDE.

Why buy from Low Range Off Road?
We keep records of sales from the day you buy your product. Need a product warranty? Lost your receipt? Yep, we have it.
Low Range is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2017, 05:02 PM   #28 (permalink)
ADD

Member # 22080
yeah hell no was i taking the line on the left. the bypass is sketchy enough. thats where the 147" wheelbase comes in handy.

while i was out there i drained the oil (only had 1100 miles on it) and it had A LOT of fuel in it and was jet black. By the time i made the trip home it was dieseling really bad when i shut it off. I put it under a tarp and didnt drive it for a month and a half.
I fired it up 2 weeks ago and drove it around town. runs like a fucking champ again....no idea why

Last edited by ADD; 01-15-2017 at 05:02 PM.
ADD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017, 06:09 PM   #29 (permalink)

Member # 704497
Corral Canyon

Nothing too special 😀

Last edited by Sabot; 01-15-2017 at 06:10 PM.
Sabot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2017, 12:10 PM   #30 (permalink)
Suzuki/Toyota Parts

Member # 80948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabot View Post
Corral Canyon

Nothing too special 😀
That looks like a great place to wheel. Is it private property? Open travel? BLM? Most places here driving in the bushes is a big no no!

Good looking rig how do you like those Goodyears?

Check us out on Facebook

Follow us on instagram:

We ship WORLDWIDE.

We keep records of sales from the day you buy your product. Need a product warranty? Lost your receipt? Yep, we have it.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:42 PM   #31 (permalink)

Member # 704497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Range View Post
That looks like a great place to wheel. Is it private property? Open travel? BLM? Most places here driving in the bushes is a big no no!

Good looking rig how do you like those Goodyears?
Corral Canyon ohv park is in Campo, CA (at least according to google maps).. Cleveland National Forest.

New trails/off shoots are added pretty often. I think the newest is "Jackass". Haven't done it though.. I believe a buggy would be required for that or at least a really good ego/exo cage 😀
https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2324529

The MTRs hook up fine. My first trip out I had a sidewall puncture.. discount tire replaced under warranty and no issues since. I definitely avoid sticks now.

Last edited by Sabot; 01-16-2017 at 05:30 PM.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:16 AM   #32 (permalink)
Suzuki/Toyota Parts

Member # 80948
That is awesome . Glad they replaced it. I have an old style goodyear 40 inch MT/R with less than 50 miles on it and 2 holes in the side wall lol
Old 01-17-2017, 10:14 AM   #33 (permalink)

Member # 576626
Here is a few of pictures of mine from some semi local spots. Its all within a couple hours from where I live.

ChadStich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2017, 02:43 PM   #34 (permalink)

Member # 704497
Quote:
That is awesome . Glad they replaced it. I have an old style goodyear 40 inch MT/R with less than 50 miles on it and 2 holes in the side wall lol
Yea, I didn't bother researching because I see so many vehicles with these tires. After that puncture I did though, and it seems to be very common. Will be my last set... and probably last set of radials too.
Old 01-17-2017, 03:18 PM   #35 (permalink)

Member # 963
Did anyone say how much Toyota?

I have 3/4 of a hood, 4.5' of frame and a 22r turboed on propane.

I still call it a Toyota.

Old 01-17-2017, 09:54 PM   #36 (permalink)

Member # 221653

thebonds is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2017, 08:42 AM   #37 (permalink)
Suzuki/Toyota Parts

Member # 80948
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadStich View Post
Here is a few of pictures of mine from some semi local spots. Its all within a couple hours from where I live.

What a contrast in terrain that is awesome nice pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabot View Post
Yea, I didn't bother researching because I see so many vehicles with these tires. After that puncture I did though, and it seems to be very common. Will be my last set... and probably last set of radials too.
Great tires and I love that they are so big ( 40 inch good year is like a 42 inch swamper)

Quote:
Originally Posted by overeasy View Post
Did anyone say how much Toyota?

I have 3/4 of a hood, 4.5' of frame and a 22r turboed on propane.

I still call it a Toyota.

Thats plenty Toyota! I need to go wheel AZ someday! Cary keeps telling me to come down .. But I don't think my axles would hold up with 200 lbs of water in the tires. And you can't wheel AZ with out water!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebonds View Post

The need to go snow wheeling is strong! After the event this weekend I will take of my stickies and throw on my 40 inch oldstyle MT/Rs or my 42 inch Iroks and hopefully get to hit some good deep snow.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:42 AM   #38 (permalink)
Suzuki/Toyota Parts

Member # 80948
We've been having a blast down in Southern Utah at Winter 4x4 Jamboree!
I went by myself Thursday playing around and got in a bad spot.. Luckily I have nice friends with monster trucks that came and winched me to keep me from flopping.

With all the rain it made it hard to get pics.

Check us out on Facebook

Follow us on instagram:

We ship WORLDWIDE.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:06 AM   #39 (permalink)

Member # 102813
Issues on "Joint Effort"?

Did you get into the section that has the multiple 4'+ vert ledges shaped like this? Many miss it.

You drive it this direction. --->> \/\/\|
.................................................. |
.................................................. v
.................................................. v

[COLOR="Lime"]The good guys...[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]Marlin Crawler, Hellfire Fabworks, Dave'z Offroad, gearinstalls.com (Zuk), Diamond Axle, RADesigns, Advanced Adapters, Jantz Engineering, G-Fab motorsports, Got Propane, JHF [/COLOR]

Last edited by Mr Stubs; 01-22-2017 at 11:09 AM.
Mr Stubs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2017, 11:17 AM   #40 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 44390

hoppa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2017, 01:15 PM   #41 (permalink)
Suzuki/Toyota Parts

Member # 80948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Stubs View Post
Issues on "Joint Effort"?
I'm telling you it was puking rain
Click to watch the video

Made the slick rock really slick

Check us out on Facebook

Follow us on instagram:

We ship WORLDWIDE.

Old 01-22-2017, 01:29 PM   #42 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 18433
Not an older truck, but its more mini truck and land cruiser than tacoma anyway.

Top pic is the end of iceman and the bottom is hal johns, both in SD.
IFS core flopping on white tail crawl in harlan way back when.

Last edited by Gslander; 01-22-2017 at 03:14 PM.
Gslander is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2017, 02:27 PM   #43 (permalink)

Member # 102813
Quote:
I'm telling you it was puking rain
Click to watch the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FIHYNC-mZs

Made the slick rock really slick
Ill keep my heckling to myself now after seeing the water flowing vid. That's super cool.

Now I understand how the trails change, think about how much the sand moves with storms like that.

[COLOR="Red"]Marlin Crawler, Hellfire Fabworks, Dave'z Offroad, gearinstalls.com (Zuk), Diamond Axle, RADesigns, Advanced Adapters, Jantz Engineering, G-Fab motorsports, Got Propane, JHF [/COLOR]
Old 01-22-2017, 03:18 PM   #44 (permalink)

Member # 136778
Quote:
Ill keep my heckling to myself now after seeing the water flowing vid. That's super cool.

Now I understand how the trails change, think about how much the sand moves with storms like that.
It was crazy from one afternoon to the next morning seeing how much things had changed. Some holes got filled in . Other spots that were not holes the day before were huge holes now.

Let the heckling continue! I was getting pretty irritated with how much I struggled but on the other had it made for a fun challenge !

Friday My buddy Dave was denied on the gate keeper to Arrow Head. 42 inch reds , lots of seat time, rear steer, been on the trail many times.. .

He backed out of this and the whole group went to run something easier (TNT)
It was a crazy day!

Crappy part is all the rain resulted in some aggressive impressive driving but no one wanted to ruin their phones or cameras. So not many pics

Last edited by zukijames; 01-22-2017 at 03:19 PM.
zukijames is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2017, 03:33 PM   #45 (permalink)

Member # 102813
The ability for this place to change year to year really excites me. I
have a 17 hr drive and knowing that things will be different every year is nice.

Old 01-22-2017, 04:04 PM   #46 (permalink)
Suzuki/Toyota Parts

Member # 80948
Quote:
The ability for this place to change year to year really excites me. I
have a 17 hr drive and knowing that things will be different every year is nice.
I think there will be new trails popping up every year also.

I'm glad its only a 5 hour drive for me.. Was a little longer on the way down because of the snow.. Put the tow rig side ways once .. Probably got more adrenaline from that than I did from wheeling
Old 01-22-2017, 04:21 PM   #47 (permalink)

Member # 103154
Pretty mild but I'm excited.. just got done tuning and breaking in the motor.
whatafkwasat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2017, 02:30 PM   #48 (permalink)
Suzuki/Toyota Parts

Member # 80948
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatafkwasat View Post
Pretty mild but I'm excited.. just got done tuning and breaking in the motor.
Man that is pretty !

So many Heeps

Check us out on Facebook

Follow us on instagram:

We ship WORLDWIDE.

Old 01-30-2017, 03:15 PM   #49 (permalink)
Suzuki/Toyota Parts

Member # 80948

#Winter4x4Jamboree ^^^^

Lucus Oil Short Course

Cedar City WERock 2016.

Old 01-31-2017, 04:38 AM   #50 (permalink)

Member # 51266
Sand Hollow in November;

Payson AZ in November;

Payson AZ 2 different days in December;

Payson AZ, 3 different days in January;

High Country Renegades

Last edited by Symon623; 01-31-2017 at 04:40 AM.
Symon623 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in