Yotabo - Lwb 1st gen on pane - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Toyota - Truck and 4Runner
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2018, 05:56 PM   #51 (permalink)

Member # 134699
Haven’t heard of it til now, I’ll go check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rooster18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2018, 08:24 AM   #52 (permalink)

Member # 149013
carrier

On the first page the pic of the rear carrier, it looked like it had a crack in it. Weld looked cracked but it looked like it went into the carrier as well. Nice toy.
I got a 83 short bed but I'm 6'3 and I'm tired of hitting my head on ceiling and door jam. Legs are cramped, Im donating the frame axles to my jeep project.

Hope you get a good cage, that cab offers no protection in roll over.

Last edited by kottunmewth; 09-14-2018 at 08:27 AM.
kottunmewth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2018, 05:39 PM   #53 (permalink)

Member # 134699
Quote:
Originally Posted by kottunmewth View Post
On the first page the pic of the rear carrier, it looked like it had a crack in it. Weld looked cracked but it looked like it went into the carrier as well. Nice toy.

I got a 83 short bed but I'm 6'3 and I'm tired of hitting my head on ceiling and door jam. Legs are cramped, Im donating the frame axles to my jeep project.

Hope you get a good cage, that cab offers no protection in roll over.

Sure does look cracked. It’s coming apart after the front end gets finished up. Rear suspension is getting redone. Will inspect and report back. It has been driving fine on and off-road for the last year and a half or more since that pic was taken. Post was made a few weeks after or something like that.

Old 11-15-2018, 12:22 PM   #54 (permalink)

Member # 134699
Quote:
Originally Posted by wentz912 View Post
Why not go with Front ranges keyed set up? It's a few bucks cheaper last time I did the math.

Well wentz, I ordered a set of FROR keyed arms and 25mm upgrade w/ billet lower caps. Was hoping to have them for RBD but doesn’t look like it. Ordered them on Oct. 17th and they’ve been “shipping out in the next day or two” for 3 weeks now. No answer or call back, it’s starting to get frustrating. At least send me my new steering arm studs so I can put it back to regular high steer for the ride until the arms are actually are ready.

Old 11-15-2018, 04:09 PM   #55 (permalink)

Member # 73194
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster18 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wentz912 View Post
Why not go with Front ranges keyed set up? It's a few bucks cheaper last time I did the math.

Well wentz, I ordered a set of FROR keyed arms and 25mm upgrade w/ billet lower caps. Was hoping to have them for RBD but doesn’t look like it. Ordered them on Oct. 17th and they’ve been “shipping out in the next day or two” for 3 weeks now. No answer or call back, it’s starting to get frustrating. At least send me my new steering arm studs so I can put it back to regular high steer for the ride until the arms are actually are ready.

Bummer to hear they are letting you down a bit. I was on their list for the new FJ80 knuckles/steering. That was more than a year and a half ago now. Never heard one peep from them. Was hoping the mini stuff was more available.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:42 PM   #56 (permalink)

Member # 777769
Sorry to hear that it’s taking a while to get your arms. I ordered the keyed arms and 25mm pins for last season. It took about 8 weeks iirc. Parts looked nice when they showed up.
Old 11-15-2018, 09:15 PM   #57 (permalink)

Member # 134699
Yotabo - Lwb 1st gen on pane

They’ve been nice to deal with on the phone when they answered. I really just need my studs so I can put it back together for RBD. At this point I don’t think there’s time for me to get my knuckles machined even if they shipped tomorrow. However, I would like to get a shipping notification tomorrow. An accurate answer on my order status would be cool too

Edit: don’t keep me hangin expecting my parts and then they just never ship/show. If I need to do something to get me through until the new ones get here let me know so I can do something about it if possible. I could’ve had this thing back together 2 freakin weeks ago. Fack!

Last edited by rooster18; 11-15-2018 at 09:20 PM.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:41 AM   #58 (permalink)

Member # 134699
Yotabo - Lwb 1st gen on pane

Wound up ordering another set of knuckle studs from jegs last night. Should be here on Monday.

Edit: cancelled order from jegs and ordered oem stuff through low range. Will be here tomorrow.

Last edited by rooster18; 11-16-2018 at 09:19 AM.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:39 AM   #59 (permalink)

Member # 134699
Called and left a message to front range off-road yesterday. Still no update, reply, shipping notification or parts.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:47 AM   #60 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Member # 138976
Quote:
Called and left a message to front range off-road yesterday. Still no update, reply, shipping notification or parts.
dang, that is a bummer

freedom of choice is what you have, freedom from choice is what you want

keep your head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums
Provience is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2019, 09:21 PM   #61 (permalink)

Member # 777769
Quote:
Man, really? How many weeks has it been? Did you send your knuckles too or are you able to drive it?
Old 01-06-2019, 10:13 AM   #62 (permalink)

Member # 134699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubirunner85 View Post
Man, really? How many weeks has it been? Did you send your knuckles too or are you able to drive it?

12 weeks Wednesday. A friend is machining the knuckles for me so I still have them. I put the truck back together with regular high steer back in November so I could go to RBD.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:34 PM   #63 (permalink)

Member # 134699
Called morning and afternoon all week so far with no luck. This is getting ridiculous and I’m becoming impatient. Payment was taken 10/19/18. Could they possibly be on holiday still..?
Old 01-10-2019, 04:50 PM   #64 (permalink)

Member # 189068
That's a long time to wait for any part they can't be to busy still have time to post on there FB
zachwrench is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2019, 10:16 PM   #65 (permalink)

Member # 134699
I just sent them a message on Facebook. Hopefully I get a reply.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:41 AM   #66 (permalink)

Member # 134699
The FB message has been showing read for two days and still no answer on the phone. From all I’ve read you would think these guys would be good to go, sure doesn’t seem that way.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:05 AM   #67 (permalink)

Member # 134699
I’ve opened up a dispute with the credit card company. I really would like to have these keyed steering arms as I love the design but it’s not going to happen. I will update as it unfolds more. Very disappointed to say the least.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:55 PM   #68 (permalink)

Member # 31763
Quote:

New steering box location. Drag link/tie rod clearance is much better. Flat pitman arm should be here tomorrow and with any luck my shocks will too.

Picked up my driveshaft from NAPA today. I swapped out the double cardan for a single ujoint. And fedrilled the tcase flange for the new yoke.

On the transfer case side I used a yoke from tcase side on a rear 89 ext. cab shaft.

Used tubing from the same ‘89 shaft. It measures .098 on my Pittsburg digital caliper. I set it up with 3.25” of splines showing, like this I needed ~1” of tubing.

Still a lot to do before hawk pride this weekend. We’ll be there fri-sun with 6 or 8 rigs. Anyone else going to hawk pride this weekend?

Edit: added shaft specs and pic
Did NAPA in Oxford build this driveshaft for you?
craigellis77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2019, 10:04 AM   #69 (permalink)

Member # 134699
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigellis77 View Post
Did NAPA in Oxford build this driveshaft for you?

Yes they did. I took measurements and cut the tube at home then brought it to them to weld it true.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:31 PM   #70 (permalink)

Member # 743545
Truck looks good. Wish I still had my 82.
Bailey925 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2019, 01:54 PM   #71 (permalink)

Member # 134699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey925 View Post
Truck looks good. Wish I still had my 82.

Thanks Bailey. I love how easy it is to jump in and go compared to my other rigs.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:37 PM   #72 (permalink)

Member # 134699
I finally got an email response from Front Range today from my November 17,2018 email. They said “I am actually waiting on bearings from their main supplier. We found a supplier, finally, who can offer the bearings (about double our cost)

We did just receive paperwork to cancel the order permanently, just verifying that is the case”

No update, answer or response for over 3 months until they get a letter from my credit card company. What a shit show. I told them cancel please. Anyone else have any experience with them?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in