The Red Truck... - Page 7 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Toyota - Truck and 4Runner
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2018, 08:15 PM   #151 (permalink)
OCD
Wheeler

Member # 341361
Quote:
Originally Posted by zidaro View Post
My favorite tool!! that and a sledge hammer. But i don't normally carry one of those on the Con!!

Oh, and pics or it never happened!!

I wish we had pics!!! Had we seen the trail ďadjustmentsĒ take place Iím quite certain Iíd have learned some new hi-lift skills. We only briefly saw your rig on the way back to Loon that Sunday. One very nice runner you gots there! Well, the fenders could use a little work last time I saw it, but other than that, very nice...

Finally got our red truck all back together. Or so we thought. Finished a couple minor upgrades and some basic service work just in time for rubithon. Then the starter crapped out, and the clutch master and slave needed replacing, blah, blah, blah. Oh joy, more maintenance!

Hereís a few random pics of the new motor mounts, and afm mount all finished up. Have a couple runs on it now, itís worked out well so far...

Will put up more old pics of this one being built soon...
Attached Images

OCD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2018, 06:56 AM   #152 (permalink)
OCD
Wheeler

Member # 341361
WTF? I posted pics & stuff last night, where’d it all go...?

Guess I’ll try again later when I’ve got a little more time. Sorry guys, not exactly sure how I screwed that up...

Well that’s strange. Last nights post shows up just fine now....strange.

Last edited by OCD; 07-24-2018 at 06:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2018, 07:25 AM   #153 (permalink)
RBX
Wheeler

Member # 152661
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCD View Post
WTF? I posted pics & stuff last night, where’d it all go...?

Guess I’ll try again later when I’ve got a little more time. Sorry guys, not exactly sure how I screwed that up...

Well that’s strange. Last nights post shows up just fine now....strange.
I can see them

Quote:
I wish we had pics!!! Had we seen the trail “adjustments” take place I’m quite certain I’d have learned some new hi-lift skills. We only briefly saw your rig on the way back to Loon that Sunday. One very nice runner you gots there! Well, the fenders could use a little work last time I saw it, but other than that, very nice...

Finally got our red truck all back together. Or so we thought. Finished a couple minor upgrades and some basic service work just in time for rubithon. Then the starter crapped out, and the clutch master and slave needed replacing, blah, blah, blah. Oh joy, more maintenance!

Here’s a few random pics of the new motor mounts, and afm mount all finished up. Have a couple runs on it now, it’s worked out well so far...

Will put up more old pics of this one being built soon...

Last edited by RBX; 07-24-2018 at 07:26 AM.
RBX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 01:11 PM   #154 (permalink)

Member # 15032
bomber mounting
Old 09-12-2018, 09:09 PM   #155 (permalink)
OCD
Wheeler

Member # 341361
Quote:
Originally Posted by zidaro View Post
bomber mounting
Thanks man. Weíve run a half dozen trails with this new setup and everything seems good so far...

Came to post some more pics, but canít manage attatchments? Page just closes every time? Did I not pay my bill or something? Hmmmmm.....???
Old 09-12-2018, 10:18 PM   #156 (permalink)
OCD
Wheeler

Member # 341361
Apparently itís just my iOS device giving me grief...wow, thatís new...

Anyway... Installed some Check Corp. 3 stage, back & bottom seat heaters. Real nice on those cold mornings on the trail. Didnít take any pics of the installation process, but was very easy to do. Only pics I took was of the part numbers for future reference....
Attached Images

Old 09-13-2018, 05:43 AM   #157 (permalink)

Member # 3886
Seat heaters are on my to do list when i recover my corbeaus.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:33 PM   #158 (permalink)
OCD
Wheeler

Member # 341361
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnob View Post
Seat heaters are on my to do list when i recover my corbeaus.
Highly recommend the Check Corp brand. Iíve used a few on other projects over the years, these hold up good...

Hereís a few pics of the battery relocation and fitting of the fridge...
Attached Images

Old 09-14-2018, 11:13 AM   #159 (permalink)
OCD
Wheeler

Member # 341361
Came across an old post on here where someone had modified the inclinometer for increased angle reading. Also found an image that another guy on here made that more closely matched the truck. Then took things further than I had originally planned.....

Just need to router out a new plexi cover and put it all together....
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2019, 08:30 AM   #160 (permalink)

Member # 23011
Any updates on this POS?
vikingsven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2019, 10:11 AM   #161 (permalink)

Member # 3886
Idk how I didn't see the inclinometer update. I would kick down for a custom bezel like that.
Very cool.
Old 01-06-2019, 05:12 PM   #162 (permalink)
OCD
Wheeler

Member # 341361
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingsven View Post
Any updates on this POS?

No big updates, but have done a bunch of small stuff. Added a POV camera and digital recorder, hardwired ham radio, minor frame reinforcements at the front leaf spring mounts, etc. Iíll post some pics soon, lifeís just been busy lately....
Old 01-06-2019, 05:28 PM   #163 (permalink)
OCD
Wheeler

Member # 341361
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnob View Post
Idk how I didn't see the inclinometer update. I would kick down for a custom bezel like that.
Very cool.

No kick down necessary. Send me a pm with an email address and Iíll send you the file when I get a chance. Itís real easy to print onto transperancy film with a standard inkjet and cutout with an exacto. The file is layered so itís easy to remove the OCD logo. Did it in both standard and mirrored image as well as with white and yellow numbers. The mirrored image looks best when backlight is on, but you can pick what you like. You can either use your plastic lens and remove the factory print from the back, or use your lens to make an MDF router template and router yourself a new lens. It was time consuming, but all simple stuff...

I still need to print out the x-cab truck images for the gauges and put mine back together. Hopefully before summer....
Old 04-06-2019, 04:50 PM   #164 (permalink)
OCD
Wheeler

Member # 341361
Not much of an update, but did get a couple minor things done on this truck. Had an issue with the threads of the 18mm x 120mm front spring hanger bolts cutting into the hanger itself. Added some weld washers for spacing and cut down some 150mm bolts so the bearing surface is on the shank of the bolt and not on the threads. Also, finally added some little storage boxes under the bed. Originally went with larger ones, but they looked funny. These will be fine. Got a couple spill kits in mine. The wife wants to keep a bottle of JD in hers....

I tried to fix the first 2 pics multiple times, but my phone is angry with me, I give up.
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2019, 10:37 AM   #165 (permalink)
OCD
Wheeler

Member # 341361
Rear shackle bolt holes are worn out and the threads of the 120mm long bolts severely cut into the inside shackle. Adding spacers and going to 150mm long bolts to get off the threads on this new set. Weíll see how it goes....

Considering a 3rd 18mm bolt and thick wall tube / sleeve in the middle of each shackle to help keep them parallel. Figure it would give me the ability to shorten / lengthen the sleeve if width adjustment is needed. Know Iíve seen other build threads where this has been done before, but canít find them now that Iím looking. Anyone know where I can find pics of this type of shackle setup or something similar? Not looking for fixed / welded parallel setups, found lots of those, looking for ideas on something adjustable. Come on, itís Sunday, spoon feed me...
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2019, 10:38 PM   #166 (permalink)

Member # 165420
Absolutely phenomenal work!!
Old 04-15-2019, 07:45 AM   #167 (permalink)
Run what you brung.

Member # 40432
I had a Jonny Joint on the frame side rear. It's not adjustable but it did a good job at reducing the binding.

Quote:
Rear shackle bolt holes are worn out and the threads of the 120mm long bolts severely cut into the inside shackle. Adding spacers and going to 150mm long bolts to get off the threads on this new set. Weíll see how it goes....

Considering a 3rd 18mm bolt and thick wall tube / sleeve in the middle of each shackle to help keep them parallel. Figure it would give me the ability to shorten / lengthen the sleeve if width adjustment is needed. Know Iíve seen other build threads where this has been done before, but canít find them now that Iím looking. Anyone know where I can find pics of this type of shackle setup or something similar? Not looking for fixed / welded parallel setups, found lots of those, looking for ideas on something adjustable. Come on, itís Sunday, spoon feed me...
gottoys2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2019, 06:15 PM   #168 (permalink)
OCD
Wheeler

Member # 341361
While the shackles are out being plated, figured Iíd get another small project off the list.

Was at my buddyís shop using the lathe and he asks me ďwhatcha buildin?Ē. Told him how itís a PITA to get a wrench out to take the nuts off that hold down the hi-lift, and that these would help me get my jack off faster. Once he stopped laughing at me, he named my new part the ďjack-off fasterĒ

Iíll build them out of SS eventually, but I had a chunk of the T6 hex stock laying around and wanted to make sure Iíd like them before I go buy material. They worked out nice so far. Could have just bought a wing nut I guess, but whereís the fun in that...
Attached Images

Old 05-05-2019, 09:56 PM   #169 (permalink)

Member # 54873
Send a message via AIM to shomsky462
Quote:
Could have just bought a wing nut I guess, but whereís the fun in that...

A knurled knob might be cool too, especially if your're looking to always just take it on and off by hand.

clean work
Old 05-06-2019, 08:20 AM   #170 (permalink)
OCD
Wheeler

Member # 341361
Quote:
Originally Posted by shomsky462 View Post
A knurled knob might be cool too, especially if your're looking to always just take it on and off by hand.

clean work
Agreed. A knurled knob would have been sweet, but Iím not allowed to use the knurling tool for the lathe anymore unsupervised. Got a little aggressive once upon a time and broke one of the wheels, took about a week to get the replacement and held up one his shop projects. He was NOT happy with me...

These are large enough to get a good grip on by hand and seem to work well. Little big and funny looking, but whatever, no wrench required. Definitely going to do a few things differently on the SS set later...
Attached Images

Old 05-06-2019, 11:05 PM   #171 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 71603
Send a message via Yahoo to the78outlaw
I think those look really cool.
Old 05-08-2019, 06:13 PM   #172 (permalink)

Member # 293418
Awesome build just read the hole thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
luxhvn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in