Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum (/forum/)
-   Toyota - Truck and 4Runner (https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/12-toyota-truck-4runner/)
-   -   Steel City Racing: King of the Hammers 2019 Toyota 4Runner IFS 4600 Build Thread (https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/toyota-truck-4runner/2660392-steel-city-racing-king-hammers-2019-toyota-4runner-ifs-4600-build-thread.html)

Jason4x4 09-22-2019 08:50 PM

I saw on Fb he made lexan windows for it.

DMG 10-16-2019 06:02 PM

Charles, who tuned your URD MAF cal?

Charles4x4 01-07-2020 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMG (Post 44647498)
Charles, who tuned your URD MAF cal?

We did. It wasn't easy :).

Charles4x4 01-07-2020 03:23 PM

Update:

Steel City Racing will be teaming up with Justin Reece @rustynailsjustin and the combined 4619/4602 crew again for KOH 2020. We're doing final prep and upgrades to the 4th Gen v8 4runner as we speak and all the Improvements listed above in the 2019 race recap will be completed prior to 2020's race.

Follow us on Facebook / Instagram for the latest pictures and news (I can already hear the :mad3: on it's way :)).

And if you're in Hammertown, come by, introduce yourself, and check out the car in person. And if you're mechanically inclined, we still have a few slots open to volunteers on our pit crew - PM me is you're interested.

Thanks for continuing to support Steel City Racing and be praying that all goes well for Justin and I in the 4619 and 4602 cars this year! We're hoping for a safe, fun, fast race for both of us. And of course, Justin's hoping to repeat after his win last year and we're hoping to become the first modern gen v8 powered IFS 4600 car to Finish King of the Hammers!

the78outlaw 01-07-2020 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles4x4 (Post 44758206)
Follow us on Facebook / Instagram for the latest pictures and news (I can already hear the :mad3: on it's way :)).

Soooo does this mean you won't be posting in this thread anymore? I know it's hard to believe, but to this day there are those out there who don't have Facespace or Instacrap, and they're interested in your build.

SLOWPOKE693 01-07-2020 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the78outlaw (Post 44758882)
Soooo does this mean you won't be posting in this thread anymore? I know it's hard to believe, but to this day there are those out there who don't have Facespace or Instacrap, and they're interested in your build.

This.

Only news I get about this deal is from Pirate. If it ain't on here, it may as well not have happened. Lol

gregj50 01-07-2020 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the78outlaw (Post 44758882)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLOWPOKE693 (Post 44758938)
This.

Only news I get about this deal is from Pirate. If it ain't on here, it may as well not have happened. Lol

All this^^^^^

Was wondering about this thread a couple weeks ago!!!!
Keep us posted!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charles4x4 01-08-2020 08:54 AM

I’ll do my best to keep the thread updated with the high points. But a majority of the images and details will go on FB and IG - it’s just fast and really easy to post there and allows us to do real time posts and videos without stalling progress.

snivilous 01-09-2020 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLOWPOKE693 (Post 44758938)
This.

Well considering nothing has happened in the past year, you haven't missed anything yet. Charles has posted like 10 times on IG/FB since KOH last year, and half of those were adding plexiglass windows to the truck. It hasn't had anything done to it from last year until now, and from the posts I've seen the "new improved long travel" took 11 months to build and he just got it like 3 days ago.

I'm not trying to hate, I just don't understand the logic. Truck breaks from an obvious and easy fix, it gets parked in a garage for a year instead of just fixing the original issues and going to races and testing it. Wait until 3 weeks before KOH, and now start getting parts for the one thing that killed it before. It would've taken less than a day to repair the steering that broke before and actually get miles and testing on the truck (which didnt happen last year, and probably wont this year). They can do whatever they want, I have no skin in it, but they have all these huge "sponsors" (even posted that Miller Welders got on board with them the other day) and seem to have more money and backing than a lot of limited class teams, let alone 4600 cars, and yet no progress or testing is made on it all year besides adding windows :confused: If the truck actually ever did anything it'd be totally different, but considering the relatively high end build (by 4600 standards) of this car, it's a shame that it pops up in the spotlight/social/pirate for a month and then disappears to not get used and shown off.

Murder Yota 01-09-2020 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snivilous (Post 44761586)
Well considering nothing has happened in the past year, you haven't missed anything yet. Charles has posted like 10 times on IG/FB since KOH last year, and half of those were adding plexiglass windows to the truck. It hasn't had anything done to it from last year until now, and from the posts I've seen the "new improved long travel" took 11 months to build and he just got it like 3 days ago.

I'm not trying to hate, I just don't understand the logic. Truck breaks from an obvious and easy fix, it gets parked in a garage for a year instead of just fixing the original issues and going to races and testing it. Wait until 3 weeks before KOH, and now start getting parts for the one thing that killed it before. It would've taken less than a day to repair the steering that broke before and actually get miles and testing on the truck (which didnt happen last year, and probably wont this year). They can do whatever they want, I have no skin in it, but they have all these huge "sponsors" (even posted that Miller Welders got on board with them the other day) and seem to have more money and backing than a lot of limited class teams, let alone 4600 cars, and yet no progress or testing is made on it all year besides adding windows :confused: If the truck actually ever did anything it'd be totally different, but considering the relatively high end build (by 4600 standards) of this car, it's a shame that it pops up in the spotlight/social/pirate for a month and then disappears to not get used and shown off.

That's probably why he doesn't post on pirate that much any more. who wants to hear the truth and have the glaring flaws in your build or your strategy pointed out when facebook and IG are basically a giant group hug and an occasional virtual handjob? I hope they do better this year. Teaming up with Justin should be a huge advantage.

Ghetto Fab. 01-09-2020 03:15 PM

Quote:

Racing is expensive. As far as I know no one has given them any actual money yet. Miller welders is the first large company I think I've heard them work with. Being "sponsored" to a lot of large companies means just getting a discount unless your one of the leading drivers.

Sounds like he may not have the actual racing end of things down, he seems to have the business of racing down fairly well at this point.

Kevin

SLOWPOKE693 01-09-2020 07:08 PM

Quote:

I heard about the window thing a while back, but ASSumed that because of his lackluster performance last year, they got their shit and their truck together and had it sorted out. Didn't I see pictures of his new parts a while ago???? He just got them 3 days ago? If so, he's gonna have another bad KOH.

Just like you, I would have fixed that steering arm issue on the lakebed and would have had it going again for the main race, just for seat time. It may not have been set up perfectly, but I would have used the opportunity to test the shit out of that thing.

I'm good at racing, but not good at the business of racing. Him and I should team up!

Hey Charles, want to hire me to drive the Yota this year?

I guarantee you a better finish than last year, or your money back.

PM me for more info.

:flipoff2:

Mattafact 01-10-2020 11:06 AM

Quote:

the "new improved long travel" took 11 months to build and he just got it like 3 days ago.

That's pretty quick deliver for Marlin. :flipoff2:

arickvan 01-10-2020 12:52 PM

Quote:

i think after KOH he had to send marlins prototype back to fresno