Tons underneath build.. - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Toyota - Truck and 4Runner
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2007, 04:08 PM   #26 (permalink)
Not a Wenzelite

Member # 44480
Get a custom longer pitman arm made?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2007, 04:18 PM   #27 (permalink)

Member # 40293
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT4Runner View Post
That's the only thing I could think of. I appreciate the info. I'm sure several others have done this and wondered what they done. CRASH and any others that have done this what did you do? Thanks again MT4runner.
zooker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2008, 06:07 PM   #28 (permalink)

Member # 40293
Got a little more work done. Got the console about finished and seats in. I know the console is probably overkill, I just wanted something different. I got a set of Bilstein coilovers off a guy here a few weeks back and I'm going to undo everything I've done to this point and link it frt. and rear. I'll never get this thing in the woods. Part of it.

Last edited by zooker; 01-06-2008 at 07:54 PM.

Old 01-06-2008, 07:00 PM   #29 (permalink)

Member # 74981
does the link work for anyone?
jeepcj3a is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2008, 07:46 PM   #30 (permalink)

Member # 21887
Send a message via AIM to extremetoy

by the way, that center piece is sick
Old 01-06-2008, 07:53 PM   #31 (permalink)

Member # 40293
Thanks alot for the pic help.

Thanks for the compliment, I still have to get another shift boot for the frt. shifter and I'm looking for something to put around the Pro-stick also. You wouldn't believe how much time I've got in it. It was the first piece of work like that I had done with the bender.

Last edited by zooker; 01-06-2008 at 07:56 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:14 PM   #32 (permalink)

Member # 56751
Truck looks sweet, I'll be mounting my 4.3/R150/dual cases this week and then the 60's and 14b in the weeks to come if my link JOINTS EVER GET HERE.

How far forward did you move the front hanger?
1987 Buick Grand National 6.0/TC76 turbo/4L80E
1996 Toyota T100, 40's, 60/14B
toyin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2008, 09:25 PM   #33 (permalink)
CRS

Member # 11669
Send a message via AIM to CRS
center console looks Whats your overall heigth?
Old 01-06-2008, 09:32 PM   #34 (permalink)

Member # 40293
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyin View Post
Truck looks sweet, I'll be mounting my 4.3/R150/dual cases this week and then the 60's and 14b in the weeks to come if my link JOINTS EVER GET HERE.

How far forward did you move the front hanger?
It's flush, it has all-pro springs(4") in the frt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
center console looks Whats your overall heigth?
It's a tall 78", but in the previous post I'm getting ready in two weeks to pull all the leafs out and go coilovers. It's to tall for me.[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-07-2008, 12:07 PM   #35 (permalink)

Member # 40293
Got a camera finally for Christmas, so I'll show a few more pics for the pic lovers. The fuel cell mount isn't done yet. More bracing to come and a lid to mount other stuff on to maximize space and protect the top. The Dash still has a few indicator lights to be installed yet. [IMG][/IMG],[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-07-2008, 05:40 PM   #36 (permalink)

Member # 40293
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT4Runner View Post
I checked with Sky on that. No go. He told me I needed his steering arms, that the ratio was correct for the 2 to correct my problem. Lets just say I got'em. Skys (Sky-Manufacturing) been awesome to deal with, I'm sure everyone knows that, but a guy like that doesn't get the kudos he probably deserves.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:06 PM   #37 (permalink)

Member # 40293
Back from the dead hopefully

It's been along time, but today me and a buddy hauled the truck to Tim at Bent Fabrications (builder of the conquistador in General forum) and we are looking at him building basically a buggy chassis and mounting the cab and doghouse on it. I want to keep the cab for the comfort and his chassis idea will be a cool custom. Hopefully we can make this happen soon and I'll post pics if we do. It should be pretty cool. This guy has some good skills and does great work. Look at his toyota chassis build thread in here. Cool idea.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:09 AM   #38 (permalink)

Member # 81136
Your project looks great, I'm sure it's gonna be even better with a new chassis under it. I can't wait to see pics of it. Holy crap!!!!!!!

Anyway I read where you used 4" All-Pro springs, but who's crossmember and front shackles did you use? I am looking for alternatives (besides making my own) to the Sky full width kit (nothing wrong with it, just looking for alternatives before I buy). Thanks for your help.
DirtWorshiper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2008, 08:58 AM   #39 (permalink)

Member # 40293
The front and rear is all All-Pro. It's all new and coming out shortly if you might be interested.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:46 AM   #40 (permalink)

Member # 81136
Great, thanks!
DirtWorshiper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 04:56 PM   #41 (permalink)

Member # 87218
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
It's been along time, but today me and a buddy hauled the truck to Tim at Bent Fabrications (builder of the conquistador in General forum) and we are looking at him building basically a buggy chassis and mounting the cab and doghouse on it. I want to keep the cab for the comfort and his chassis idea will be a cool custom. Hopefully we can make this happen soon and I'll post pics if we do. It should be pretty cool. This guy has some good skills and does great work. Look at his toyota chassis build thread in here. Cool idea.

Well....... I guess it's time to post a few pics.

-Tim

Want to see what's going on in the shop?
Bent Fabrications is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 05:24 PM   #42 (permalink)

Member # 87218
Before...

Now....

Before...

Now...

-Tim

Old 10-27-2008, 05:33 PM   #43 (permalink)

Member # 87218
Allen came to me wanting to link his truck front and rear... After some time in the shop and kicking around a bunch of ideas I sent him home with lots to think about. The final decision was to ditch the old frame completely and bring me his drive line and cab. From there I set out to build the bottom part of one of our Evolution GP truck chassis and set his cab down on it. So far the project is coming along good, don't get me wrong, there are several changes made to get the cab to fit the chassis base.... But in the end, Allen is essentially going to have all the performance and stance of a full buggy yet still have the good looks of his cab too.

more details soon...

-Tim

Old 10-27-2008, 05:51 PM   #44 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 38006
Thats awesome, If my cab survives this would be a great option. Keep up the good work!
Old 10-28-2008, 12:50 AM   #45 (permalink)

Member # 40293
Wow

Tim,
The first thing that came to mind man is "wow". That's what i was hoping for and your pulling it off very well. Can't wait to see more pics and get up there this weekend. I've got to get some colors together quick to get this tidied up a little.

Awesome stance.

Allen
Old 10-28-2008, 07:58 AM   #46 (permalink)

Member # 87218
Still wanting to use the stock steering box... I thought a 3 link design would be perfect.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:06 AM   #47 (permalink)

Member # 87218
With a new rolling chassis ready, It was time to set the cab back on and see if it will fit....

I had to rig up a hoist in the ceiling of the shop to pull the cab up until we could roll the chassis back under the cab. Some how this pic reminds me of most Toy builds

With the cab over the engine, I could mark out how much firewall to start cutting...

After a little cutting the cab sat down just as planned.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:08 AM   #48 (permalink)

Member # 14094
Send a message via AIM to Hvy_Chevy
That's fuckin sick. Makes me want one.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:11 AM   #49 (permalink)

Member # 87218
Now... here is where this project is interesting for me... I built the chassis bottom and placed the engine and suspension just as if I was building one of the new Truck chassis.... Look at how far back and down this motor is compared to where it would be in the stock location in the truck. This is a perfect demonstration of how much difference the Evo GP chassis offers in balance and performance over keeping your truck!! Like I said, Allen will really be going home with a buggy that has a Toy cab stuck on it

Old 10-28-2008, 09:26 AM   #50 (permalink)

Member # 40293
Man I don't have to worry about the heater issue now, just duckwork. That is crazy how that engine sets back. I might box end under the hood and make a trunk, not really.

You have TOTALLY FUNKED it up. BAD ASS man.........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in