Paragon?? - Page 4 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northeast
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 06:04 PM   #76 (permalink)

Member # 63125
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtChevy View Post
yeah but that is way up by albany, and from what i understand it is private land that is used by a local club. you can only get on the property when the club is up there and they pretty much have to invite you. but front what i have heard they are very cool and pretty much let any one join in the fun. still a hike for me either way.
The owner of Rok-Park does open the park to other clubs and has posted up "open" events for Pirate members. NY is tough, tons of state land that we can't use.
1986 CJ7 resto modded, Howell Injected 4.2l, SUA, 33" Maxxis Bighorns, 4:56's, Aussie locked Dana 30, Detroit Tru Trac AMC 20,

1991 YJ 4.0L, 3 link CO's front and SOA rear, 37" Falken MT's on KMC Machete Beadlocks, 4:88's, Lockrite locked Waggy Dana 44 Front, ARB Waggy M20rear

Last edited by y2kmxz; 12-29-2010 at 06:09 PM.
y2kmxz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2010, 06:20 PM   #77 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 140040
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmxz View Post
The owner of Rok-Park does open the park to other clubs and has posted up "open" events for Pirate members. NY is tough, tons of state land that we can't use.
I've never heard of Rok-Park but live in Schenectady. I need to look around the rok-freekz.com website some more...
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2010, 06:45 PM   #78 (permalink)

Member # 63125
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLTHFJ60 View Post
I've never heard of Rok-Park but live in Schenectady. I need to look around the rok-freekz.com website some more...
Join the site, post up and introduce yourself.

Rok-Park was one of the stops on this years Peterson's 4 Wheel & OffRoad magazines Ultimate Adventure, not that that means anything but it has brought great exposure to the Park and the Rok-Freekz site.

YouTube - Offroad Ultimate Adventure 2010 - Part 3 - Rok Park, New York
1986 CJ7 resto modded, Howell Injected 4.2l, SUA, 33" Maxxis Bighorns, 4:56's, Aussie locked Dana 30, Detroit Tru Trac AMC 20,

1991 YJ 4.0L, 3 link CO's front and SOA rear, 37" Falken MT's on KMC Machete Beadlocks, 4:88's, Lockrite locked Waggy Dana 44 Front, ARB Waggy M20rear

Last edited by y2kmxz; 12-29-2010 at 06:59 PM.
y2kmxz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 07:15 PM   #79 (permalink)

Member # 12495
you guys should go out and get the real 2010 UA video to see what you are missing... about 30 minutes of Rok-Park footage. my buggy even made several appearances in the real deal.

and pay attention... i do post up rides at the park from time to time here.

infact: Night run tonight (Thurs Dec 30)

Last edited by muddyrover; 12-30-2010 at 05:33 AM.
muddyrover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2010, 08:29 AM   #80 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 140040
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmxz View Post
Join the site, post up and introduce yourself.

Rok-Park was one of the stops on this years Peterson's 4 Wheel & OffRoad magazines Ultimate Adventure, not that that means anything but it has brought great exposure to the Park and the Rok-Freekz site.

YouTube - Offroad Ultimate Adventure 2010 - Part 3 - Rok Park, New York
Well apparently I am already registered on that site I must have forgot. I'll make sure to get on there more often!
Old 09-23-2011, 07:11 AM   #81 (permalink)

Member # 154345
Gotta love politics. Round and round. I did some searching on Gladstone a while back and found some interesting stuff on it, I think it was some "development" in Reading along the river that went penniless...

http://republicanherald.com/news/jud...oard-1.1207757

Schuylkill County zoning officials will make the next decision about whether to allow construction of a cargo airport primarily in East Union Township, as a judge on Thursday dismissed an effort to block consideration of the issue.

At the end of a 15-minute hearing during which he took no testimony, Judge John E. Domalakes quashed East Union Township's May 25 appeal of the county Zoning Hearing Board's ruling that it would decide whether to permit construction of the airport.

"What I would really like to see is a decision on the merits," Domalakes said. "The appellate courts don't want to take these things piecemeal."

Domalakes directed the board at least to start holding hearings on the issue, which has generated much controversy in the township, as soon as possible after the court returns the official case record to it.

Board solicitor Christopher W. Hobbs, Pottsville, told Domalakes that the board probably would have to hold three hearings on the case to take all the testimony it will need. He did not provide a definite date when the first hearing would be held.

As part of his ruling, Domalakes allowed Gladstone Partners LP, Pittsburgh, which is seeking to build the airport, to intervene in the case before the board.

Gladstone wants to build the airport, which would have 13,000-foot runways, on 4,500 acres in East Union and Kline townships, Schuylkill County, and Hazle Township, Luzerne County.

Supporters have argued it will bring thousands of jobs to the region, but some East Union residents say the airport would bring too much growth to an area that does not have the infrastructure to support it.

The board has ruled it has exclusive jurisdiction over the Gladstone case under the county zoning ordinance and the state Municipalities Planning Code, rejecting the township's argument that East Union's zoning hearing board should decide the case.

The board ruled the pending ordinance doctrine, which forces applicants to proceed under a local ordinance that has been publicly advertised and is enacted without substantial changes, does not apply in Gladstone's case because its proposal constitutes land development under the Municipalities Planning Code.

Domalakes' decision Thursday is a rejection of the township's effort to overturn the board's ruling.

Domalakes had made a similar ruling Jan. 5, and Gladstone asked him to penalize the township $1,500 for trying to litigate the issue again.

"You've ruled on it," Frederick J. Fanelli, Pottsville, Gladstone's lawyer, told Domalakes. "Here, we're back again. All this ... is bad faith."

Township solicitor Donald G. Karpowich, Drums, told Domalakes that he raised the issue to make sure it is preserved for possible appellate review.

Domalakes did not make a ruling on Gladstone's request for sanctions against the township.
Schuylker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2011, 09:55 PM   #82 (permalink)

Member # 57739
why do these fawks have such a hardon for building an airport at this location?

this shit never ends

Last edited by -Sudz; 09-30-2011 at 10:00 PM.
-Sudz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2011, 10:46 AM   #83 (permalink)

Member # 103689
Cuz it's at the intersection of i81 and i80 with 2 huge industrial parks next to it. Shit ton of trucks everyday to distribute their dirty money. Too bad basically every legal aspect is against them. Fuckers
Old 10-05-2011, 01:28 PM   #84 (permalink)

Member # 154345
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sudz View Post
why do these fawks have such a hardon for building an airport at this location?

this shit never ends
I kind of think it might be more of a hard on for getting paid to plan to build an airport. Some developers get paid and never break ground. Just another nail in the Schuylkill County coffin. Bloodsuckers.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:58 AM   #85 (permalink)

Member # 154345
New story today with the appeal up at the County zoning extra crooked level:

http://republicanherald.com/news/tes...ship-1.1254016

In my view there was a good sign towards the end:
"Robert S. Sensky, a lawyer representing Service Electric Cable Vision which would share the industrial park Humboldt Industrial Park with the proposed airport, said the company has yet to receive any reports on the impacts of their service signals as well. "
Service Electric is quite powerful and should have some sway in the whole thing. Hopefully there intentions are to oppose and not for a payoff.
On a side note, the typo aint mine, its the usual Republican Herald sloppiness.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:00 PM   #86 (permalink)

Member # 47212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozzy Nutz View Post
WOW FLEXY!!! Great job on the spelling this time buddy....although, you DID forget the "E" in statement. Also, you probably should have used a comma, or started a new sentence between guide, and that. Just face it, your a complete douchebag that just needs to be argumentative. Go find a tall bridge.
While we're at the grammar festival..you used the wrong 'your'. It's supposed to read, "you're a complete douchebag".

Just sayin'
Old 01-25-2012, 10:55 AM   #87 (permalink)

Member # 9474
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndorphinJunky View Post
While we're at the grammar festival..you used the wrong 'your'. It's supposed to read, "you're a complete douchebag".

Just sayin'

Wow I totally missed that reply. LOL Oh well no since in being a douchebag if you don't show it. LOL
Old 02-03-2012, 05:01 AM   #88 (permalink)

Member # 154345
Next up...

http://republicanherald.com/news/car...sues-1.1266674
Old 02-03-2012, 05:16 AM   #89 (permalink)
Learn to swim

Member # 174079
"There was no place like paragon." -Martin Pennington

Yup, sucks I'll never get to go there unless they open it up again.

Last edited by TimJ408; 02-03-2012 at 05:16 AM.
TimJ408 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2012, 05:36 AM   #90 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 32585
It still boggles my mind how they're going to get an airport on that land. It's a giant valley full of rocks.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:57 AM   #91 (permalink)

Member # 154345
If they brought in a crusher I guess they would have plenty of material. I know they did that during the construction of the Schuylkill Mall. Maybe feasibility isn't as much of a concern as making money off of determining it?
Old 02-07-2012, 08:57 AM   #92 (permalink)

Member # 140379
Back in 07 Kyle, opened another paragon next to the old, what happened to that? I also ran into Kyle in couple of the jeep jamboree few yrs back and he said he was still working to opening another one in the area.
md_rubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #93 (permalink)

Member # 18614
From what I remember and I could be wrong. There was some sort of tax break on the land for not using it to create revinue and it was closed shortly after. I beleive Redridge campground actually owned the land I know I never got to go there and it wasnt open long at all. I'm sure I will be corrected if I am wrong.

I'd love to see it open back up but dont see it happening. At least there is a new game in town to break up the sameness of running the same place all the time now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

94toytruck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2012, 11:52 AM   #94 (permalink)

Member # 140379
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94toytruck View Post
From what I remember and I could be wrong. There was some sort of tax break on the land for not using it to create revinue and it was closed shortly after. I beleive Redridge campground actually owned the land I know I never got to go there and it wasnt open long at all. I'm sure I will be corrected if I am wrong.

I'd love to see it open back up but dont see it happening. At least there is a new game in town to break up the sameness of running the same place all the time now.
I went it was first opened and I think you are correct, a camp site owns the land. I'll have to ask Kyle when I see him next time at the jamboree
md_rubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2012, 02:11 PM   #95 (permalink)

Member # 9474
Yes you are correct Eric.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94toytruck View Post

Old 03-02-2012, 04:50 AM   #96 (permalink)

Member # 154345
Local "coverage", great to see Service Electric opposing Gladstone. They are old school cable with the first HBO uplink on the east coast and def a force to be reckoned with.
http://republicanherald.com/news/pro...says-1.1280122
Old 05-03-2012, 09:40 AM   #97 (permalink)

Member # 18601
I would give my right nut to wheel there again
SVENG52 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2012, 07:50 AM   #98 (permalink)

Member # 154345
Not as nice as the previous article but here was the next action FWIW:
http://republicanherald.com/news/sch...port-1.1310373
Old 08-03-2012, 05:26 AM   #99 (permalink)

Member # 154345
The political machine will do it every time:
http://republicanherald.com/news/sch...port-1.1353933

Hope the appeal and/or financing tenant shit ends this thing for good.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #100 (permalink)

Member # 6420
aint that the truth, so the economy hits the shitter and now they need a cargo airport ???

http://m.standardspeaker.com/news/schuylkill-zoners-ok-airport-1.1353892
semper fi

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing
JeepinJP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in