The Rubicon trail is in the State of Jefferson - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northern California
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2017, 11:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 143977
The Rubicon trail is in the State of Jefferson

If northern California (currently 21 counties) got what they want & separated to become the 51st State (the state of Jefferson) I would imagine all the restrictions / laws on the Rubicon trail would be reviewed and voted on? I would imagine the new state gets to make new rules / regulations on everything. I would guess that many hobbies would become welcomed in this new state & even promoted as a reason to visit.

What do you think?
Old 03-06-2017, 11:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
I think you're drunk

Companies helping me get dirty:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2017, 12:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 143977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat95YJ View Post
I think you're drunk
I'm definitely drunk sometimes but not this morning. Clearly your from Socal so your probably not as aware to this ongoing movement. All you have to do is drive through these counties to see it is very alive & real for the majority of people that LIVE in these rural areas.

Old 03-06-2017, 12:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnsnowridr View Post
I'm definitely drunk sometimes but not this morning. Clearly your from Socal so your probably not as aware to this ongoing movement. All you have to do is drive through these counties to see it is very alive & real for the majority of people that LIVE in these rural areas.
Actually I am from Nor Cal. Don't make assumptions.

If the pipe dream of Jefferson did go through, the same idiots that run the other 50 states would swoop in and run shit. Don't fall for the illusion that the people would have the power. Also the Rubicon may be important on this board, but that value would mean jack shit to politicians jockeying for power.

& Blaine

Last edited by Beat95YJ; 03-06-2017 at 12:27 PM.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 143977
[QUOTE=Beat95YJ;40083153]Actually I am from Nor Cal. Don't make assumptions.

QUOTE]

It wasn't an assumption as your tag says Redondo Beach... LOL.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 2873
It is a pipe dream that people like talking about, but do nothing toward it.

According to Article 4, section 3 of the constitution, a new state cannot be created from portions of existing states. First, you'd have to amend the constitution (which has been done a few times), then arrange for voting on it (some kind of referendum/proposition?) on a county-by-county basis.

The practical solution, for those who don't like the restrictions and high cost of living in California, is to move out of state.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetoy View Post

According to Article 4, section 3 of the constitution, a new state cannot be created from portions of existing states. First, you'd have to amend the constitution (which has been done a few times), then arrange for voting on it (some kind of referendum/proposition?) on a county-by-county basis.

The practical solution, for those who don't like the restrictions and high cost of living in California, is to move out of state.
It's about as likely as Texit.

& Blaine

Old 03-08-2017, 08:47 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 93772
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetoy View Post

It's been done in Kentucky, Maine, West Virginia and Vermont.

The following counties have voted for (either by committee or the public) declarations with intent, and AFAIK it only takes a simple majority vote in California senate and permission from Congress.

That being said, good fawking luck getting the blue parts of California to go with the program. They won't want to give up water rights.
bsdboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2017, 10:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
I doubt that the Democrats care as much about water rights as they do electoral college votes.

& Blaine

Old 03-08-2017, 10:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 143977
Now this is more along the lines of why I started this conversation. I'm not trying to talk sh!t & start an us vs them. However I truly feel this state is divided & something will come of this sooner than later & that something will be the state of Jefferson.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:55 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 93772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat95YJ View Post
I doubt that the Democrats care as much about water rights as they do electoral college votes.
Oh gawd you're probably right. Electoral votes and representative seats.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:56 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 93772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnsnowridr View Post
Now this is more along the lines of why I started this conversation. I'm not trying to talk sh!t & start an us vs them. However I truly feel this state is divided & something will come of this sooner than later & that something will be the state of Jefferson.
There's a SOJ51 meeting tonight in Placerville. I'm going to go check it out, I've never been.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 143977
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdboy View Post
There's a SOJ51 meeting tonight in Placerville. I'm going to go check it out, I've never been.
I've never gone either but I'm interested in what they have to say so schedule allowing I'm also going.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in