Pirate 4x4 banner

Tackett Creek Challenge. $5000. payout!!!!

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  TJ4rocks 
#1 ·
$5000.00 payout, Memorial weekend at Burris Valley Ranch

Join us at Burris Valley Ranch on memorial day weekend as we present the “Tackett Creek Challenge”!!! Two qualifying runs on Saturday will determine the starting field and positions, as the top 20 drivers and rigs will advance to attack the infamous Tackett creek on Sunday.
Drivers will race the clock and test their machines on 2 miles of the most brutal terrain, with giant rocks, boulders, and ledges with increasingly difficult obstacles. Bonus lines will test strategies and drivers along the way…
Who will win…a crawler? A bouncer? An ultra4? Be there memorial day weekend as we present a unique, challenging competition to determine who will take the money home!!!
For more info call 713-806-9410 or check us out on facebook.

#4 ·
We had a great time at this event. It was very organized and everything moved smoothly. You could not ask for better wheeling then they have to offer at Burris Valley.

Hopefully I'll have the new rig done by the next event so that I can enter it.

Thanks again for putting this on.

#6 ·
For those that have Facebook, search Burris Valley. Pictures and videos and popping up now.

What a great event!! I was there for 4 days as a spectator, took my RZR to get around to different parts of the park to see the race. They cut trails around the qualifying course as well as the race course. Super easy for all the spectators to get to the areas they wanted to watch at.

Staff really did a great job!! Thanks guys!! They all had radios and spectators could hear the times and status of other areas of the coarse. Maybe it real exciting, we were constantly on the move to see vehicles go through the big obstacles.

The trails are awesome!! From mild to wild. 3700 acres. Can't wait to go back.

#7 ·
Ok, finally home, here's a recap and official results from this past weekend's event.
Qualifying day one:
1st Kenny Blume .08 seconds after bonus deduction
2nd Rusty Gaines 1.22
3rd Matt Christian 1.35
4th John Jones 1.39
5th Roland Kirkes 1.44
6th Cade Turbeville 2.12
7th Frank Vonderheide 2.13
8th Jason Kunkel 2.42
9th Jay Spivey 2.57
10th Steve Woods 3.12
11th Travis Ridley 3.16
12th Roy Coleman 3.58
13th Robert Minnix 5.43
14th Henry Burdick DNS Blown transmission
Kenny Blume and John Jones took the bonus line and had two minutes subtracted from their overall time. Roy Coleman broke a throttle cable and had the spotter pull the cable and he pointed the wheels. Jay Spivey slammed a tree real hard at the finish line and sheared the knuckle, bent a rockwell housing and wadded up a link. Every one gave it hell and sure put on a heck of a show for the spectators!
Tackett Creek, day two:
1st John Jones 40:55
2nd Rusty Gaines 41:49
3rd Steve Woods 1.02:22
4th Roland Kirkes 1.03:01
5th Jason Kunkel 1.05:02
6th Robert Minnix 2.02:05
7th Frank Vonderheide 4.00:12
8th Matt Christian DNF Shifter cable, air locker, two flats
9th Cade Turbeville DNF Broken dana 300 front output
10th Kenny Blume DNF Overheating
11th Travis Ridley DNF Broke tie rod
12th Roy Coleman DNF Broke tie rod, knocked diff cover off
13th Jay Spivey DNS Bent housing, qualifying damage
14th Henry Burdick DNS Blown trans
Only two bonus lines were completed, Roland Kirkes made bonus #3 at the gate keeper, and Jason Kunkel made bonus #2.
Robert Minnix's spotter (his son) pretty much walked the entire course and must have pulled cable twenty times or more. Frank Vonderheide broke all the lug studs, repaired and was the last one to cross the line. It was one heck of a show!!!
Special thanks to our volunteers with Bohica off road, Oklahoma iron goats, and all the other people that helped make this event a success.
Also a major hats off to our sponsors: Eco-staff, PanAmerican Electric, Napa auto parts in Hartshorne and the Oklahoma Iron goats.
Our competitors put on a heck of a show for us and really gave it a 100%!!! All the spectators along the course were cheering cheering them on when the going got tough. It was a blast and we will defenitely do it again next year!!!

#11 ·
It really was a great event and lots of awesome rigs giving it hell. Can't wait for the next one!

This is my favorite place to wheel and I mainly stick to the mild trails. Building one tons so I can get in on the 5* action.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.