Crozet - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2014, 11:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 120643
Crozet

the new property is open to club memebers only an you have to be a member before you can wheel there

who has any info on this?

who has been there an wheeled?

whos trying to plan a trip up there soon to go wheeling the new property?

From the information that i have gathered is that the property is only open for the club memebers an that it is a privite club an you have to pay a club fee to wheel the property

also from what i gathered is that the club is looking for memebers but can only have a certain number of club members

if anyone can add to this please do id hate to see another club fall apart or another wheeling spot get shut down
mundie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2014, 07:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 80867
I used to be a member there when they had the old property. It's been kinda hard to get info from them about what the status of the new property is and what you get for membership. Hopefully one of the members will chime in on this thread. I do know membership is $250/year or $90/quarter.

This is their official forum: RCPFA
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2014, 04:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 49595
It's members only, The trails that a cut are mid range, New trails are always being cut as the property is still under development and if you wheel and see a line feel free to clear it and make a run.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you to the companies that have helped me out

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RSWORDS is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 11:01 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 117969
Albemarle County has some strict rules about what you do with your land.

The club doesn't own any land. They are a normal club that can wheel on other members properties. The new property is owed my a member and only members can be allowed to use the property. The club can not charge a fee to use the property. If they do they must get permits to do so. I believe they can hold two open events on the property a year also with these permits. From what I was told RCPFA does lease a field near the two properties where members can camp.

You are joining a club. The club wheels on various properties around. They had a club run up at Big Dogs where you received a discount to ride if you were a member, last year.

The new property is nothing like the old, but doesn't have some decent challenges.

No idea if the old property will ever be available again.

Last edited by -jb-; 03-13-2014 at 11:02 AM.
-jb- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2014, 06:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 178822
RCPFA is indeed alive and active, but the workings of the club have changed. Access to the old property is no longer available, but there are new venues open to members to go wheeling. The membership fee for RCPFA is $90/quarter or $250/year.

RCPFA hosted an event at Big Dogs last year and Cheap Truck Challenge is coming up on March 29, 2014, at Big Boys Playground in Harrisonburg, VA. See RCFPA Cheap Truck Challenge (CTC) for more details.

It's cheap enough to join for a quarter, go wheeling a few times, and see what we're all about so please come check us out at Rock Crawlers for the Preservation of Future Access (RCPFA).
dwilsonxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2014, 09:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 120643
went an checked out the property that the club can wheel have to say i had a blast very very good wheeling
mundie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2018, 08:14 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 39663
Send a message via AIM to busteddodge
Current Info?

Hey Guys,
Looking for current info or contacts on Crozet. I've never been, but would love to check it out. The RCPFA website is down at the moment (maybe permanently?).

Any info is appreciated. Either reply here or send me a message.

Thanks in advance.
1989 Dodge w150, D60 4:56's welded, 14bolt 4:56's welded, 5.5in. superlift system, 40" Ground Hawgs, np241D, NP435, 440 w/670 truck avenger, hydro assist steering, OBW

Last edited by busteddodge; 11-27-2018 at 08:15 AM.
busteddodge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2018, 05:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 239330
I'm also interested in this information.
BuckeyeNative is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2018, 08:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 198573
Crozet is closed. There was not enough participation to continue to pay for the new property. Everybody wanted to take advantage of the one time free trial run, but nobody wanted to spend the $90 for a 3 month pass.
Old 12-01-2018, 07:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 239330
Thanks for the update. That's too bad because it would have been nice to have some place closer to wheel.

Last edited by BuckeyeNative; 12-01-2018 at 07:20 PM.
BuckeyeNative is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in