New off-road Park in Tennessee - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2010, 06:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 160446
New off-road Park in Tennessee

Hello

Looking for some feedback from you on what your looking for in an off-road park. We are building a place now that has over 1000 acres and miles of trails with 80 acres section just for Extreme crawling area. ATV's, UTV's & Jeeps all welcome. We are also thinking of building some mud pits and racing strips and want some feedback how many boggers are tere that would be interested. We will be holding three day events with camping. The property is located in Athens, TN just off I-75 so please give me your feedback and how far your willing to travel so we can give you what you want.

Thank and looking forward to seeing you soon
AthensExtremeOffroad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2010, 05:42 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 128449
East TN needs more places to ride for sure. Athens is a short drive for us (Knoxville). So if its good I'm sure we would hit it up a lot. I don't really know anyone that is interested in mud. We try to avoid it. But I'm sure the more you have to offer the more people will come. We prefer the rocks. A nice camping area will diffently bring in people for a weekend vs just one day . Which means more money for you. Do you have a website yet?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
yellowjeep1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2010, 07:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 154277
x2 ^

There are not many places around Knoxville to wheel...Windrock being the closest and at $17 a person it gets really steep when your trying to bring along a few friends.
sgtskid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 07:50 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 160446
Thanks for the feedback, we are working on the site as we speak so I will keep you updated. Would you camp or do you tend to go for just the day?

Thanks
Old 05-17-2010, 08:55 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 128449
Some of us have RVs so hook ups would be nice. Some of us tent camp so Bath houses would be nice. If those were provided I'm sure we would camp. After a long day of wheeling its really nice to have a shower if your camping.
Once you get a website send me the link and I will post it on our web site under the places to ride.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
yellowjeep1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2010, 10:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 95493
Just south of Chattannooga and we would come for sure! Group of about 10 buggies and Jeeps all extreme. Harder the better. Visit Grayrock, Hale MTN. Golden Mtn. and Choccoloco for refferences
BadRockOffroad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2010, 11:42 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 26296
Sent you a pm
Old 05-17-2010, 03:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 160446
Thanks for the feedback the more info from people the better.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 156407
hey if you postup when u guys are buildin trails. im sure peoplewill show up and lend a hand. they bring there rigs and you can get a good idea how tuff the trails are. and its like free labor lol
jeepster jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2010, 05:12 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 140069
If you build it we will come. (Hiawassee, Ga)
Stewedpickles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2010, 06:26 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 85483
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster jason View Post
hey if you postup when u guys are buildin trails. im sure peoplewill show up and lend a hand. they bring there rigs and you can get a good idea how tuff the trails are. and its like free labor lol
X2...will be more than glad to lend a hand.

Also have to agree that the cost of windrock at $17 a head is pretty steep for a family of 4. Please charge per rig...
Old 05-18-2010, 06:45 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 138064
20 miles west of ATL. We could possibly make a club ride there a few times a year. www.gbr4wd.com.
wcurleyq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2010, 07:10 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 92930
We are about to put up storage buildings in Cleveland, Athens is barely a drive.
78stepsideUAK10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2010, 04:56 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 160446
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78stepsideUAK10 View Post
We are about to put up storage buildings in Cleveland, Athens is barely a drive.
Yes your right Cleveland is a hop, skip away see ya soon please stay tuned and any suggestions pm us
Old 05-20-2010, 05:34 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 45977
Could you post some pictures of the terrain?
twentyfootdaredevil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2010, 08:27 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 96289
My vote would be a wide variety of terrain and obstacles from mild to wild and crazy. I think to make a park a big destination for groups, organized events, and large masses of people a full service RV Park/Campground is a must. And, if you really want large events to use your park as a venue, a big pole barn for the vendor setup areas would be ideal. It's not 100% necessary, but it sure makes it nicer for paying vendors. Make it so Semi's can park on the outsides of the barn creating the walls and use their big fancy awnings for their cover. Then, everyone inside with smaller booths would be under cover and blocked by the wind and rain.

As far as per person costs, to me $17/day/person is reasonable for a day's worth of fun with friends and family. Sure, it adds up, but I can't even begin to imagine the cost of buying 1000 acres of land then setting up and maintaining it for us to enjoy, not to mention marketing it so people know about it.

As far as terrain goes, I could care less about mud, but a ton of people love it. If it was me, I'd establish a park for both ATV's, UTV's, Dirtbikes, and vehicles. I'd mimick what Highlifter has done in the mud world for ATV/UTVs with mud racing pits but for all types of vehicles(likely more than 1 pit). Then, depending on layout of the terrain and how natural it is for trails versus obstacle sections, I'd say great sections of rock crawling from mild to wild would be great. If scenery is available, mild to moderate trails are great too to capture larger audiences.

I think if you contacted all the different race series/promotors in the off-road scene you could also see what it would take to make your park a destination for their next season, as well. Essentially, you need to get yourself on the map as the ultimate off-roading place in the region offering everything you could imagine.

Sorry for my rant...but that's my thoughts. I'm biased...I live in Boone, NC, so I'm close. We need an awesome place to wheel.

Chris
RangerXP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2010, 05:27 AM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 160446
Well RangerXP looks like we are on the same page so with time, support and alot of investment we will be there hopefully soon. As you are all aware that when you purchase a piece of property you pay alot but thats a kick in the bucket to what we are putting into it now to give everyone what they want and what is needed so of course everyone showing up in support and giving suggestions and allowing us time to improve will keep it alive and unlike your state funded places that can't stay open this will be your place and no worries of closing down. Keep all of the suggestions coming thats what we need and keeps us ecited knowing we are going in the right direction
Old 05-21-2010, 05:40 AM   #18 (permalink)
Disc brake guru

Member # 25927
It would be really nice to have a concrete slab with a roof over head to work on stuff that broke. Also nice restrooms with shower. As for trails make some gravel roads for the stock trucks and make some that look impossible for the buggies, but don't forget the muddy trails for built rigs that can't do buggy trails.

Dana 70 kits $300 -->
. . Sterling 10.25 kits $390 -->

Dana 60 front 3/4 ton kits $295-->
. .
GubNi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2010, 08:36 AM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 48752
the more diverse the better...places for the crawler guys to play...maybe a big loop around the property for guys running smaller tires (~33)s (me ), and some fields for ATV guys to really rip across. I ride quads and wheel my truck and its nice when going to a place that lets quads, mx, buggies, trucks wheel is if you can separate everyone out and on 1000 acres that should be fairly possible. Nothing sucks more than hauling ass down a trail on your bike and having to slam on the brakes to let trucks pass or having to keep your eyes peeled on the trail for quads hauling ass past you and making sure you don't clip a rider with your swamper.
Not saying that there needs to be and ATV only area, but cut some trails that ATV's and bikes can go down that aren't wide enough for trucks and that will keep a lot of the congestion down.

I'll be living in Gallatin TN as of next week so hopefully I can make it down there.

Last edited by leeawalden; 05-21-2010 at 08:37 AM.
leeawalden is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2010, 10:07 AM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 96289
Crawfords Campground at Tellico was pretty cool as a point of reference. He had a nice metal building/shop to repair rigs with a full set of tools, welders, etc, which I've personally used before. Their pavilion to eat under was great too and could be in the same area as the vendor pole barn, as well. Their rock garden right in camp was cool too, but you wouldn't need that since the trails will all be right there, unless it was a competition We-Rock or one of the others courses front and center for all the buggies guys to play on.
RangerXP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2010, 11:49 AM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 85483
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerXP View Post
Crawfords Campground at Tellico was pretty cool as a point of reference. He had a nice metal building/shop to repair rigs with a full set of tools, welders, etc, which I've personally used before. Their pavilion to eat under was great too and could be in the same area as the vendor pole barn, as well. Their rock garden right in camp was cool too, but you wouldn't need that since the trails will all be right there, unless it was a competition We-Rock or one of the others courses front and center for all the buggies guys to play on.
Yep...as far as the campground goes, Crawsfords was/is pretty sweet. Still think $17 a head per day is a bit much. $10 maybe but I still think per rig is better. Yeah, for a family of 4 is $68 for the day. Not bad but add in the cost of gas for the rig, tow rig and you will easily double that. I think per rig would keep people coming more often and that’s really what you want…correct? You may not think so but $20 a day per rig will get people making more trips.

Here’s a better idea, what about a season pass…$XXX amount for 90 days? Something like Harlan Ky. I know I’d more inclined to do that than pay per day. I keep a yearly permit for Royal Blue as it is.

Last edited by thumping; 05-21-2010 at 11:50 AM.
thumping is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2010, 08:36 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 46549
depending on the camping, cost and crawling conditions I would probably make 2 trips per year with about 5-10 rigs per trip.

ROCKJUNKIE 4X4 is always looking for somewhere new to wheel.
Thanks for the opportunity and good luck with the build/setup.

FYI
"Mud is Mother Nature's Diarrhea"

Mr_DIY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2010, 06:08 PM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 160446
FYI
"Mud is Mother Nature's Diarrhea"[/QUOTE]

Thats funny! thanks for the feedback and we are going to cater to all and that means Mud areas too I am sorry I am a Floridian and Mud is in my blood and when you see what we bring to Tennessee if nothing but for you to take a break and watch us playing in the mud with 2000 HP trucks on R2 tractor tires you will love it and beleive me I hate getting dirty but I love watching it and you will too. It will break up the weekend of riding to spend an hour watching....lol I promise you that. Thanks

FYI
"Mud is Mother Nature's Diarrhea"[/QUOTE]
Old 05-23-2010, 03:41 AM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 154643
Send a message via Yahoo to 11bcacti
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeawalden View Post
the more diverse the better...places for the crawler guys to play...maybe a big loop around the property for guys running smaller tires (~33)s (me ), and some fields for ATV guys to really rip across. I ride quads and wheel my truck and its nice when going to a place that lets quads, mx, buggies, trucks wheel is if you can separate everyone out and on 1000 acres that should be fairly possible. Nothing sucks more than hauling ass down a trail on your bike and having to slam on the brakes to let trucks pass or having to keep your eyes peeled on the trail for quads hauling ass past you and making sure you don't clip a rider with your swamper.
Not saying that there needs to be and ATV only area, but cut some trails that ATV's and bikes can go down that aren't wide enough for trucks and that will keep a lot of the congestion down.

I'll be living in Gallatin TN as of next week so hopefully I can make it down there.

Gallatin eh? Well as soon as I get back state-side I will be working on my Yota.. Im from Portland!

And I was more of a mud guy when I was younger but I am building my truck to be a little dual purpose...I like the idea of an annual fee or a by the truck fee. I think a good combo of all of the above is a great idea.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:48 PM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 84265
Just curious but whereabouts in Athens is this gonna be? I'm from there and I think it's gonna be nice for this town to actually have a place like this, you should have plenty of help if needed once the word gets out

Thanks and good luck!
fuctup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in