1966 M-416 1/4 Ton Jeep Trailer EXCELLENT CONDITION NYC/NJ - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Vehicles and Trailers For Sale
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2014, 11:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 50191
Talking 1966 M-416 1/4 Ton Jeep Trailer EXCELLENT CONDITION NYC/NJ

WILLING TO MEET: I am willing to meet within a reasonable distance. I make daily weekday evening trips to Roselle Park, NJ and random weekend trips down to Manalapan/Freehold Mall area. I am willing to meet throughout the NYC area and New Jersey and possibly the Poconos, PA.

PRICE $2,500.... I am negotiable within reason

MAKE: STEVENS MFG CO.
MODEL: M-416
EMPTY WEIGHT: 603 lbs
YEAR: 1966
VIN: #4495
Note: I could not register it with the Florida DMV with only #4495 as the VIN, they said too many vehicles/trailers/boats in the system had that designation and it was too short. So they allowed me to change it to #44951966. The trailer has current Florida License plate and registration. In the State of Florida the Registration paperwork is considered a title and has bill of sale information included on it. I used to own a car trailer and had it titled in Florida and sold it to someone who lived in PA and they had no problems transferring ownership. So, there is no problem getting the trailer titled and registered in your state. Besides the title I will include a typed Bill of Sale.

WHY AM I SELLING
I had grand plans for this trailer.... I wanted to tow it behind my Jeep Wrangler and go on expeditions to Alaska, Moab, Rockies, Rubicon, etc.... Sadly, none of that panned out. This has sat in my enclosed driveway since purchase and was very well taken care of. The bed has been covered by the tarp since 1-2 weeks after purchase and anytime it snowed or rained it was immediately cleared off. All modifications or upgrades were only performed after extensive research and done with the best taste in mind and tried to be kept with a vintage theme of "field modifications" that would have been done by GIs back in the day, also I didn't want to do anything that couldn't be reversed so it could be returned back to original condition.

CONDITION
EXCELLENT UNRESTORED ORIGINAL CONDITION. See pictures. There is some minor surface rust here and there but no rot whatsoever and none of it is past the superficial stage. You can tell that this has been well taken care of and stored indoors for 90% of its life.

OWNERSHIP HISTORY OF TRAILER
In my opinion (from extensive research) I believe the original owner of the trailer to be the USMC due to the paint scheme and by how the trailer was labeled on the original data plate as a 416M (vs M-416) which was common mislabel by the USMC. The trailer (along with another) was purchased by a Boy Scout troop to be used for camping trips and had the interior floor bed lined. I was informed they were stored in a barn and never used. Then both trailers were purchased by a Lt. Col. in the Air Force who collects and restores vintage military vehicles. He decided that he didn't need two of them to go along with his Mutt and he responded to a "wanted" ad that I had posted online. I purchased this trailer from directly from the Lt. Col. in the last week of Decemeber 2012.

MODIFICATIONS/UPGRADES
- NEW Interco Vortrac Express M+S, Vintage tread pattern, 7.50-16 (31.87"x8.82"), 10ply, tubeless, Bias Ply Tires, purchased from Nebraska Tire and mounted locally with internal Dyna Blanacing Beads
- NEW Dyna Beads Off-Road Sized internal balancing beads (installed in the 2x Interco Tires)
- NEW 2x NOS (new old stock) steel wheels from Memphis Equipment military surplus dealer
- NEW 2x Valve stems (THE CURRENT TIRES ARE BEING RUN TUBELESS)
- NEW 5'x7' Black Vinyl Coated Polyester 22oz heavy duty tarp from MyTarp.com
- NEW reflectors w/ housings from military restoration dealer and stainless hardware
- 4x Spare tires with tubes and rims (2 are original to this trailer, 2 are from another M416 trailer)
- 1x military surplus jerry can holder
- 10x extra M416 lug nuts
- Spare tire mount from a Jeep Wrangler with Grade 8 and Stainless Hardware
- NEW Masterlock safety cables and chain links
- NEW Repoduction Data plate with info/data stamped on
- NEW Harbor Freight LED trailer lights (installed in photos but wiring has yet to be run, I will finish the install if you wish), will include extra side marker lights and license plate bracket that came with the kit
- NEW Harbor Freight floating camo rope to use with tarp
- NEW 1 set of Quick Fist Large Clamps to use with jerry can (not yet installed or pictured)
- NEW 2x Gabriel Classic Shocks from Autozone (correct application as per numerous M416 websites and forums)
- NEW MORE (Mountain Off-Road Enterprises) LS9033 3/4" Lift Zinc Plated Greasable Shackles with polyurethane bushings
- NEW MORE (Mountain Off-Road Enterprises) KJ02024 Main Eye Greasable bolts with polyurethane bushings (2 of the bolts can be used for the main spring eyes and the other two bolts and all the bushings would be spares for the shackles) (not yet installed or pictured)
- NEW LitePlate Led License Plate Light (installed in photos but wiring has yet to be run, I will finish the install if you wish)
- Tarp bracket made per US Military informational pamphlet out of pressure treated 2"x4"
- I have a bunch of paperwork and computer files to go with the trailer: US Military Manual pictures of other trailers for ideas, commonly used blueprints to fabricate a lid, Receipts, etc

NOT PICTURED & NOT INCLUDED IN THE ASKING PRICE
***(would be willing to sell extra or possibly throw in with some negotiating)***

- NEW NOS Gamma Goat Lights (very sought after swap for the M416 trailer lights)
- NEW Curt Straight Pintle Receiver/Hook (used once to tow it home)
- NEW Curt Pintle Multiple Receiver
- NEW Curt Pintle Hook
- NEW Receiver lock
- DeeZee Black Aluminum Diamond Plate Trailer/ATV box 35"x12"x12.5"

PICTURES

raStapiMpjaY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2014, 11:30 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 50191

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2014, 11:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 50191

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in