Pirate 4x4 banner

CA - Built one ton Wrangler, Atlas 4sp, Chromos, excellent rockcrawler

5K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  geberhard 
#1 · (Edited)
Time has come to sell the loved Wrangler. My girls are more grown up, and love wheeling, but we are looking into more of a daily driver\weekend family wheeler so she is up for sale. She is a great overall rig, and can tackle pretty much any trail out there. She has been well loved and never abused. She is a bad ass rock crawler, ready to take you and your family and friends anywhere!

About the Jeep.

SOLD SOLD SOLD – or possible trade towards a 4 door Wrangler JK

daily driving ;)

1998 Wrangler (possibly Sport trim?), about 75K miles (I will double check).
Clean title, registered in California
AC and heater work excellent
5 speed manual
Atlas 4 speed t-case
One ton axles, Reid Knuckles, ARB, Black Max chromolly shafts, 5.13 gears), manual hubs Built by bent and Twiested in Chico
Suspension is a modified RubicoN Express long arm setup, rear is stretched – I need to confirm wheelbase
Anti-rock sway bar front setup
The wheels are modified Hummer double beadlocks – re-centered – 66CJDean
42” Super Swampers that work excellent, normal rock rash, no sidewall cuts or tears – will include an extra almost new Swamper mounted on a stock H2 beadlock wheel
CB radio, stereo, ARB mini compressor and tank under the Jeep
Full cage (modified and based on original cage), a lot of DOM beef – B-Rad Fab
Corbeau suspension seats fornt and rear
Newer tinted soft top and factory half metal doors
Custom Orange crush paint job :D
Warn winch
Armor - GenRight highline fenders, and rear gen Right comp fenders, genright rocker guards, oil pan skidplate and heav duty rubicon Express Long Arm center skid, heavy duty bumpers front is a genright Rockcrawler bumper with stinger setup.
Fuel cell behind rear seat.
CJ7 rear fold down tailgate (works like an awesome bench)

What she needs or bad:

Nothing, the Jeep runs and drives excellent, put gas, and go have fun! I have driven on the freeway several times and do drive to work once in a while. Not for teh shy person, it is a picture magnet, so anywhere you drive people will take pics. When you park, kids from all over will want to check the jeep out. That is the disclaimer :D

As far as possible trades I am entertaining a 4 door Jk (Rubicon or modified JKU preferred). Or JK plus cash.

Pics coming soon :D

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
Mike, yep, helped you guys at Hollister. The roll was in a pretty crazy spot!

I think my last 6 trail runs consisted of us helping getting someone out of the trail lol, so the Jeep is getting her badges :)

Murph hi, will send you a note thanks!

#9 ·
Mike, yep, helped you guys at Hollister. The roll was in a pretty crazy spot!

I think my last 6 trail runs consisted of us helping getting someone out of the trail lol, so the Jeep is getting her badges :)

Murph hi, will send you a note thanks!
Ha awesome, I thought that was your rig. Would you believe the reason my rig would't start was a small grounded out wire that shorted my EFI out? It was my 40amp Buslink that blew because of the short. Ended up repairing the wire and then jumping the link with a wire and spade terminals to limp home. Guess who has a set of spare buslinks in his parts box now?

Thanks again for helping out and GLWS its a great rig.

#7 · (Edited)
Quick update, and just smogged her yesterday (passe dwith flying colors). Also did normal winter maintenance, (all new plugs, wires, distro and rotor), fllushed gas tank, fluids etc. She is well taken care of and ready to go to a new home :) I am the one having a hard time letting her go, so whoever buys it needs to let me have some visiting rights :)

#10 ·
Mike, that is greta to hear, I was thinking some type of wire coming lose or short, since it kept on cranking. Greta you got her awn and able to drive home! That was definitely a damaged underwear moment, but if you gota roll might as well roll with a nice view :)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.