1984 Jeep Scrambler CJ-8 (project) - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Vehicles and Trailers For Sale
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Premium Memberships
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 04:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 119281
1984 Jeep Scrambler CJ-8 (project)

This is a Willyís Overland Repli-Tub Scrambler body. https://www.willysoverland.com/repli-tubs
All the alignment issues and problems that are associated with these repoduction bodies has been dealt with by Willyís Overland in Toleado Ohio. The body is mounted with Daystar urethane body mounts to a Throttle Down Kustoms mandrel bent 2x4 frame. This was initially being built with a link suspension, so there are currently no spring mounts on the frame. Frame is set up with Novak mounts for a GM LS based power train with 4L60e.
All new Poison Spyder armor which includes rocker knockers, full corner armor with Defender series 3Ē rear flares, rear sill plate, Defender series front fenders with 3Ē flares and inner wheel houses. ($2000 package)
Cage is tacked together and will need to be fully welded.
Sale will include everything Iíve listed above, including hood, grill, and windshield frame for $6000. I am firm on the price. Comes with title.
Iím located 5 minutes from Detroit Metro Airport, in Brownstown, Mi. 48174
Best to call or text if you have questions. (Seven3four) 55eight-8nine9eight
Attached Images

Old Yesterday, 05:24 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 119852
Keith!!

I didn't know this was going on but disappointed it's not! You build some ridiculous stuff!
Old Yesterday, 05:42 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 119281
Thanks bud. I have my reservation about parting with this, but I’ve hit a few snags along the way with the build and I just can’t seem to get back in the swing of things. I currently have this and my LJ build going on simultaneously, plus a customers truck in my shop, which is creating a major conflict with my personal schedule. I’m going to try and focus on the LJ....Plus I need my hoist back. Ugh.

Old Yesterday, 05:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 119281
Rear flares have been widened and shortened to fit the rear wheel openings better and to allow up to a 40Ē-42Ē tire.
Attached Images

Old Yesterday, 06:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 119852
You have any kind of build thread on said LJ? If yes, I'd love to follow. I am about to 'hopefully' embark on a LJ build myself here soon. I've got a SD60 and a LS bought - whether I can afford to put them in is the next thing.

Nevertheless, good luck on this sale! I believe this is a great price!
Old Yesterday, 07:02 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 119281
Quote:
Originally Posted by green50gt View Post
You have any kind of build thread on said LJ? If yes, I'd love to follow. I am about to 'hopefully' embark on a LJ build myself here soon. I've got a SD60 and a LS bought - whether I can afford to put them in is the next thing.

Nevertheless, good luck on this sale! I believe this is a great price!
No I do not. Iíve been absent from the forums for a while. If the Scrambler sells Iíll be using the LS1, one tons and 40ís for the LJ. Most of my build threads turn into a for sale thread. 😂
Good luck with your build.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in