Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I DD an 01 f350 diesel. I don't think I'm particularly abusive. I don't "wheel" it, but it does get put in 4wd regularly and have to get through some mud and/or ruts, and spends time on blast rock logging roads. I'm aware that it's not a race car, and don't drive it like it's one. Its leveled, on 255/85R16 toyo m55s. The raccoon population in my area is pretty high, but as far as I know, they are not responsible for my issues.
Today when we got home, driving my wife's car, I noticed that my tie rod is, for the third time, looking pretty sad. No scarring or anything on the bottom like I cranked a rock, but it has a solid 3/4" bend in it.

Is there a good aftermarket tie rod that's stronger than factory replacements? Should I just sleeve the next new one? Other solutions?

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, due to overwhelming response and options, I'm gonna hammer a sleeve over it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well, due to overwhelming response and options, I'm gonna hammer a sleeve over it.
You could of hit something hard enough with your tire/wheel to bend the steering from the impact.

Maybe have your knuckles machined for high steer kit? Not sure if that will cure the bending but it will get the steer link higher up

·
Registered
5 Posts
Search for Aluminum links 7075 aluminum will return to straight to some degree if impacted directly. Many prefer it.

edit: wow, I didn't realize I have been lurking since 2011 and never posted.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Search for Aluminum links 7075 aluminum will return to straight to some degree if impacted directly. Many prefer it.

edit: wow, I didn't realize I have been lurking since 2011 and never posted.
Heard about this simple but effective trick as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts