Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The intermediate brake line on my 2001 Ram 2500 blew out last Saturday morning right in front of the flexible line due to rusting. This is the long line that runs from the front to the back of the truck behind the fuel tank along the driver side frame rail. Does the fuel tank need to be removed to replace this line, or can a replacement hard line be fished through the narrow gap?

I replaced all of the front lines a year ago due to one of them blowing out due to rusting. The two lines on the rear axle look OK though.

Thanks,
Danny

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yes, you'll need to drop the tank. The brake line is held in place by plastic clips that you won't be able to disconnect from if the tank is in the way.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
You can fish it thru. as a temp/ghetto fix, just zip-tie it to the old brake line as far in as you can reach and use the clips before and after the gas tank.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've fished them from front to back before, and used zip ties to hold it in place. My buddies van blew the main line, and when I went to replace it, I found 3 other lines already fished and rusted out, lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts