Pirate 4x4 banner

281 - 300 of 424 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
Killing it!

The Jeep has been called up to daily status while my Yukon is in the body shop. The neighbor backed into the drivers door/fender a few weeks ago. It’s doing well besides I the fuel pump may be calling it quits. It sounds funny sometime and doesn’t want to stay running at times.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #285
First, Thank You for your service. Also, love the jeep. Now that you've had it out a few times how are you liking the tires?

I really like the tires. They drive very well on the road and aren’t noisy. I like them off road also but the sidewalls are pretty stiff. At 13 lbs they look the same at 20 lbs. I did blow a sidewall out this weekend though. Probably not the tires fault. I hit a pretty sharp cut small diameter tree stump.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I really like the tires. They drive very well on the road and aren’t noisy. I like them off road also but the sidewalls are pretty stiff. At 13 lbs they look the same at 20 lbs. I did blow a sidewall out this weekend though. Probably not the tires fault. I hit a pretty sharp cut small diameter tree stump.
That stinks!

Hey, good example there on adding a battery operated reciprocating saw to your
onboard tools. Trim that pesky stump down some.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #287
That stinks!

Hey, good example there on adding a battery operated reciprocating saw to your

onboard tools. Trim that pesky stump down some.

My buddy that owns the property had his chain saw with him and fixed it. He even said I have no idea why I left it like that.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #288
The old tire is fixed, the new tire should ship out today! I’m going to order another wheel also. I need to build some sort of spare tire carrier now.
I ended up having a friend vulcanize it, I stuck a patch in it, and also did a tube.

This is the tube I used. If it wasn’t the sidewall I probably wouldn’t have used a tube.

·
Registered
688 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #292
I’ve been getting the XJ ready for the next wheeling season.

I finally built a rear bumper with recovery points.

I also finally reinforced the rear frame.
and finished the front

I also finally built the 2x6 rockers. I’ve had all these materials for almost 2 years but couldn’t bring myself to take it out of commission to do it all.

The current project is building some taillights.

All in all the Jeep has been totally awesome. My only complaint is my rear suspension kinda sucks. It doesn’t wheel hop or anything even without a traction bar, but it doesn’t flex worth a poo. I am currently looking for some 90s full-size Tahoe springs.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
How’s your shackle angle? That makes a huge difference how the suspension reacts.

281 - 300 of 424 Posts